Why is it?

Why is it everytime we win a football game we are praising everything about the coaches, and players. But when we lose everyone says how much the coaches suck, and how the players are not good enough, or too slow. Why can't you just admit that some teams out of the other 118 in the country are just better than us? Is that to much to ask? Are the husker fans, that most teams in the country admire, really just a bunch a bandwagon cry babies? I'd like to think not. So stop whining about how bad you think the coaches/players did, and talk about how BJ had a hell of a game, and how we all hope that Austin is ok, and how Taylor played pretty ok for being on his butt the whole game. Show some pride.

GBR

I agree with your post. Sometimes things need to be said. Okie st was better prepared and wanted it more. My hats off to them. A lesser team would have folded when down by 16 that quick.

We can look at it two ways:

1. we can sit back and play the blame game and say whatever, or

2. We can realize our first goal of the season is still in our hands. If we want it and play like we want it we can win the North.

GBR

I think we have higher standards and expectations because of the history of our program. When we win we seem to be back on track and BCS bound but when we lose or have a set back we gripe and moan. Realistically, we still need to improve in all phases of the game. We have the core of a very good coaching staff but perhaps in the end we will end up losing an assistant or two. Maybe sooner rather than later. Plus we still don't have the players yet to compete on a regular basis with a top 5 or top 10 team. Our starters are almost to the point where we can punch it out with top teams but we still don't have the depth to back them up. We celebrate when we get a win because we hope we are on the right track. But when we lose we realize just how far we still need to go.

I think this game comes as a particulary big shock to us all because this was a game we weren't expecting to lose.............Texas and USC we understood and realistically we never thought in the back of our minds we would win those games. Losing to Okie St hurts anymore loses and it will hurt even more...........

:yeah Hell I'm going to be nervous for the sCUm game even though it's in Lincoln!!!!

From what I saw yesterday, I halfway worry about Mizzou (only thing that doesn't worry me about Mizzou is it is Homecomming and they will be ready...of course....we thought they would be ready yesterday, too.) Texas A&M is no joke, honestly and sCUm....well, they are just sCUm. All in all, the next two games worry me greatly, the team just needs to be well prepared to fight for what they know they can have and that is victory.

:yeah Hell I'm going to be nervous for the sCUm game even though it's in Lincoln!!!!

From what I saw yesterday, I halfway worry about Mizzou (only thing that doesn't worry me about Mizzou is it is Homecomming and they will be ready...of course....we thought they would be ready yesterday, too.) Texas A&M is no joke, honestly and sCUm....well, they are just sCUm. All in all, the next two games worry me greatly, the team just needs to be well prepared to fight for what they know they can have and that is victory.

:yeah

I think we will be fine for our home games. I'd be very nervious if this game was in Columbia. We'll still win the North but we are going to have to work for it. My expectations sure have been lowered. At the beginning of the season I though USC, Texas, and A&M were the games we really needed to look out for. Now I have to add Missouri and Colorado. Often the point spread means absolutely nothing when we play the Puffs. I'd like us to stomp them but I'm not sure it will happen.

Why is it everytime we win a football game we are praising everything about the coaches, and players. But when we lose everyone says how much the coaches suck, and how the players are not good enough, or too slow. Why can't you just admit that some teams out of the other 118 in the country are just better than us? Is that to much to ask? Are the husker fans, that most teams in the country admire, really just a bunch a bandwagon cry babies? I'd like to think not. So stop whining about how bad you think the coaches/players did, and talk about how BJ had a hell of a game, and how we all hope that Austin is ok, and how Taylor played pretty ok for being on his butt the whole game. Show some pride.

GBR

It's called fans and I use the term loosely that only started watching Nebraska during the early 90's. In other words I like to label them "fareweather fans"!