Do husker fans still thinks its the 93-97 years?

We will all agree that the 93-97 years of Nebraska football is the best in the school history. The problem is, that it is only ten years ago and alot of fans hold every team and coach to that standerd. Only the best in the History of college football did what the Huskers did in those five years. To go 60-3 and win 3 of 4 championships is not done every year. The 98-06 years have been good(99) average(02)bad(04). I recall from 84 to 92 the Huskers would be around 9-3, maybe win the Big 8 and lose to a Florida school in the bowl game. The Huskers didn't play in a championship game durning 84 to 92. The 70-83 years brought 2 champioships and almost another(83). Alot of fans grew up on the 93-97 years or the older fans got real spolied. Callahan would have to duplicate what Tom did in his last 4 years to win over alot of Husker fans. Didn't it take Tom around 20 years to win his first? Alot of fans take a loss like it is the end of the world because they still think it's the 93-97 era. Parity is in college football. Anybody can beat anybody. On this day the Cowboys were better. The Huskers are 6-3 with the Big 12 North title on the line. Isn't that the whole year was about. To win the Big 12 North. It's Nebraska or Missouri. We as fans are always disapointed with a loss, but now every time the Huskers lose alot of fans just go overboard like World War 3 just started. The goal for the season is on the line next week. How bad do the Husker football team really want to play for a Big 12 title? Next game will show if Callahan, his staff, and the players really want to turn the program around, and not just talk about it. Whoever goes to the game next week, scream your ass off and let's help this football team beat Missouri!! GO BIG RED FOREVER!!!!!!!! :woo:wasted:horns2:cheers

hey, I'm behind our Husker team win or lose. It just hurts when we lose.

EVERY game hurts when we lose. We all know that every team has it's down years or mediocre years. But a loss still hurts. Even if we went 11-1 in the season, and still got a National Championship....that single loss would still hurt.

The fans will get over it.

This board will get over it. By Tuesday we will all be talking about the Missouri game and be behind out Huskers once again. Don't worry. It's just our grieving period.

To us it's like the steps of grief over a death. Where there is:

Denial... "Our team didn't really lose it...it was the one play. We still would have come off with the win if we hadn't played that one play."

Anger... "Damn Huskers...damn Coach...damn refs....damn OSU..."

Bargaining... "Those refs missed a call. That should have been a block in the back!! We could have turned around the game there. Give us that one call back!"

Depression... "Screw it. I'm leaving this board for a few days. I can't even think about Nebraska football right now. I need a break."

Acceptance... "Okay, we lost. It sucks...but how about Missouri next week?! We can easily beat them. Let's go Huskers!!! GO BIG RED!!! I'm a die hard fan!!!!

;)

i cant agree with you more B.L.S. and benny. the season is not over, i am still a fan, and will always be. it took Bob D. 8 years to win a national title, TO 20 some years. We Husker fans got spoiled with the way T.O. ended his run as HC. Now if NU loses a game, to some fans the sky is falling.

there is a nother game to play on saturday, and the next saturday and guess what there is another game to be played after that one before the regular season ends.

i have faith in the Huskers and always will, i am not a bandwagon jumping fan, and i am not looking for the nearest bridge to jump off of either.

GO BIG RED-----WIN THE NORTH, BIG 12 CHAMPIONSHIP, AND BCS BOWL. it can all still be achieved

I lived in the Chicago area in the late '90s and a lot of Bears fans there were similarly living in the past about their Super Bowl champs of over 10 years prior. I say cut 'em some slack and let them be Johnny Nostalgias.

"He's got that far away look in his eyes,

Dreamin' about his football glories from yesteryear,

Or maybe it's the sunset after a pheasant hunt.....

He wants to go back, but he can't crawl back."