Aim low and you'll always hit your goal

NUpolo8

This talk of winning the north while almost conceding a loss to A&M is tantamount to becoming excited when Nebraska covers the spread. While this will probably get slammed becuase this is not a post paying homage to Brandon Jackson, or how loud the crowd was in a loss, I feel it needs to be discussed.

This teams goal setting sucks.

Sorry, but its becoming clear that winning the North is like being the smartest kid with Down's Syndrome. This team needs to aim higher than that. Hell, they're better than that! I am a husker fan, and I really want Callahan to be successful, but it is starting to seem to me that we are entering the land where 9-3 is a great season.

I hate to invoke this, but Pederson's quote was not to surrender the Big 12. Not the Big 12 north. This division is a joke and should be an afterthought (like it used to be).

This was disjointed and rambling, but I am very tired of crap losses that should not happen, complacency with the fans (especially on this board) happy with a loss with a cool B******, or how loud the crowd was (the crowd was damn loud in 95, 97, and 99 too, and the team actaully won at home), and the eternal sunsh$t pumping coaches, who tell everyone that we should be happy that NU lost and their low goals are still attainable.

Let me think when was the last North division title won by Nebraska? How many 9-3 seasons did Dr. Tom have?

Gotta have TEAM talent before the Big XII and NC's happen. I think all the 94-97 teams had across the board talent.

I don't think most people appreciate the Downs' syndrome comment. Seems like a tasteless way to compare groups of people. I'm positive Zac Taylor wouldn't appreciate that comment either.

GBR

Let me think when was the last North division title won by Nebraska? How many 9-3 seasons did Dr. Tom have?

Gotta have TEAM talent before the Big XII and NC's happen. I think all the 94-97 teams had across the board talent.

I don't think most people appreciate the Downs' syndrome comment. Seems like a tasteless way to compare groups of people. I'm positive Zac Taylor wouldn't appreciate that comment either.

GBR

The goal should be to win every game and the title and then more goals below that. That is everyone's goal. Dave........Are you saying we could not have won every game we have played so far? I don't think any team has been any better then us talent wise. USC is very average and so is Texas. They are about a 10-15 rated team. Our coaching stinks.

GBR

The goal should be to win every game and the title and then more goals below that. That is everyone's goal. Dave........Are you saying we could not have won every game we have played so far? I don't think any team has been any better then us talent wise. USC is very average and so is Texas. They are about a 10-15 rated team. Our coaching stinks.

Welcome back. After a loss. Typical.

I am not saying that we couldn't win every game. What I am saying is setting realistic goals, not only in football, is necessary. I could set a goal for myself that I am going to make 200 million dollars next year. That's a pretty sweet goal. Attainable? No. So it's useless.

I agree... I also agree with everyone else re: down's. I think that "strongest kid on the chess team" would have been just as effective.

So your saying the odds of Nebraska setting higher goals, is the same as you making 200 million. Good faith there.

I think our number 1 goal should be to win every game. Our number 2 goal should be to win the big 12 title.

Our number 3 goal should be to win the north and not lose more then 2 games in the regular season. Anything less then that is a crappy season.

Winning the North is acceptable this year but we shouldn't place any limitations on these goals. We have not won the North since 99' so as sorry of a goal it is to win the North we have finished short for 6+ years. Lets get their this year we still have a shot of beating Texas especially after healing up some players on these bye weeks coming up.

I agree... I also agree with everyone else re: down's. I think that "strongest kid on the chess team" would have been just as effective.

So your saying the odds of Nebraska setting higher goals, is the same as you making 200 million. Good faith there.

I think our number 1 goal should be to win every game. Our number 2 goal should be to win the big 12 title.

Our number 3 goal should be to win the north and not lose more then 2 games in the regular season. Anything less then that is a crappy season.

It rears it's ugly head after a loss once again! Well atleast we had a 6 week absent of his BS! :hmmm

Are you okay?

GBR

:yeah

Winning the North is acceptable this year but we shouldn't place any limitations on these goals. We have not won the North since 99' so as sorry of a goal it is to win the North we have finished short for 6+ years. Lets get their this year we still have a shot of beating Texas especially after healing up some players on these bye weeks coming up.

We lost last week and I wasn't here. Actually, I just finally have had some time. It's been a busy year.

Are you high? How the hell do you get that out of what I said. You really need to look up the word analogy. We were talking about setting goals and how they need to be attainable in a very real sense of the word. I made no comparison like that. Christ man, lay off the pipe.

Faith? You, Benard, wanna talk to me about faith? Wow.

We lost last week and I wasn't here. Actually, I just finally have had some time. It's been a busy year.

Whatever you gotta tell yourself man.