Aim low and you'll always hit your goal

NUpolo8

This talk of winning the north while almost conceding a loss to A&M is tantamount to becoming excited when Nebraska covers the spread. While this will probably get slammed becuase this is not a post paying homage to Brandon Jackson, or how loud the crowd was in a loss, I feel it needs to be discussed.

This teams goal setting sucks.

Sorry, but its becoming clear that winning the North is like being the smartest kid with Down's Syndrome. This team needs to aim higher than that. Hell, they're better than that! I am a husker fan, and I really want Callahan to be successful, but it is starting to seem to me that we are entering the land where 9-3 is a great season.

I hate to invoke this, but Pederson's quote was not to surrender the Big 12. Not the Big 12 north. This division is a joke and should be an afterthought (like it used to be).

This was disjointed and rambling, but I am very tired of crap losses that should not happen, complacency with the fans (especially on this board) happy with a loss with a cool B******, or how loud the crowd was (the crowd was damn loud in 95, 97, and 99 too, and the team actaully won at home), and the eternal sunsh$t pumping coaches, who tell everyone that we should be happy that NU lost and their low goals are still attainable.

:bonez:bonez:bonez:clap:clap:clap ........totally agree thats what make nebraska great the expectations.........and the Down's syndrome comment was funny not very PC, but funny nonetheless :nanalama:nanalama:nanalama

and the Down's syndrome comment was funny not very PC, but funny nonetheless

Bashing mentally challenged kids is great.... :sarcasm

Back to the topic...of course any team is going to say we want to win every game this year, win the Big XII, and then the NC. However, if you know anything about goal setting, you have to set reachable goals for you/team to reach. In the 90s we could set these goals b/c we had the team that could do it. This years team IMO is not capable of this, at least the NC.

and the Down's syndrome comment was funny not very PC, but funny nonetheless

Bashing mentally challenged kids is great.... :sarcasm

Back to the topic...of course any team is going to say we want to win every game this year, win the Big XII, and then the NC. However, if you know anything about goal setting, you have to set reachable goals for you/team to reach. In the 90s we could set these goals b/c we had the team that could do it. This years team IMO is not capable of this, at least the NC.

I agree with you...........we need to set reachable goals for ourselves and after 6 years of not reaching the Big 12 Championship game this is obviously something that we want to do once again!!!! We need to get better and better each year and IMO reaching the Champ. game is a better year than last year....... :blink:

One step at a time on the goals. For the program winning the north is a big step. We havnt done that sence 1999!! You need to crawl before you walk, and walk before you run. First step is the north. Second step is the Big12. And we are quite a ways off from being a national championship team again.

Look at it this way. When the season started the goal was to win all the games. That ended with the loss to USC. The next goal then is to win the North, because you can not win the Big 12 without winning the division first. Once that goal is done, then you look at the Big 12 title.

Attainable goals is the key here in this thread. I don't like the Huskers losing any more than the next guy, but it's gonna happen.

Why did Nebraska lose to Texas? Callahan's coaching?

Why did Nebraska lose to OSU? Cosgrove couldn't make open field tackles?

Ya'll need to relax and let this program take it's course. We'll win the North and stand a good chance of beating Texas in KC. Who we get in a bowl game is anybody's guess.

And listen to the rest of these guys in this thread. A 9-3 team was a norm for NU during the mid-late 70's. Heck I remember exactly where I was in '78 when I listened to us lose to Missouri.

Buncha spoiled sour-pusses from the 90's ya are.

Buncha spoiled sour-pusses from the 90's ya are.

That is the biggest thing here with almost all of us. I wasn't around in the 70s to know what it was like, but I was here in the 90s when we just pummeled everyone in our path.

I am in complete support of this staff and I can see things getting better and better. Look how much we have improved over the last 3 years...even though some thing otherwise. Just because the Huskers are not going undefeated/one loss year after year doesn't mean they are not successful.