Next Time Nebraska wins the National Championship?

Well I think next year we have a very good shot. I just want us to be able to take it to teams and beat the teams we should beat and play head to head with the likes of Texas and USC with no problems. The Big 12 should definately be ours next year then you know we are back. If we win the Big 12 this year I'll be thrilled because we will go to the Fiesta Bowl so we have to go one step above that next year for an improvement!!!

I'm not sure Callahan grasps what it take to get there yet.

He tends to slow the game down with leads. To get to the NC game you not only need to win all your games, you need to blow teams out when you have the chance to do so. Sitting on 17 point leads won't climb you up the polls fast enough.

Polls dont matter if you win out. No matter where Nebraska starts in the polls, if they win out at a 13-0 they will be in the NC game. OU didnt blow out many of thier opponents when they won the NC. They just won all thier games.

Style points only matter if you are trying to get in as a 1 loss team, and being in the big12 north, the only way we get in with one loss is if everyone else has 2.

Callahan did take a team to the superbowl. Only some 30 odd coaches have managed that, you dont do it on accident.

I'm not sure Callahan grasps what it take to get there yet.

He tends to slow the game down with leads. To get to the NC game you not only need to win all your games, you need to blow teams out when you have the chance to do so. Sitting on 17 point leads won't climb you up the polls fast enough.

Polls dont matter if you win out. No matter where Nebraska starts in the polls, if they win out at a 13-0 they will be in the NC game. OU didnt blow out many of thier opponents when they won the NC. They just won all thier games.

Style points only matter if you are trying to get in as a 1 loss team, and being in the big12 north, the only way we get in with one loss is if everyone else has 2.

Callahan did take a team to the superbowl. Only some 30 odd coaches have managed that, you dont do it on accident.

I really don't pay enough attention to proball, so I'm asking this seriously: have there really been that many repeat coaches in the superbowl? I can see how it's entirely possible... I'm just curious.

I really don't pay enough attention to proball, so I'm asking this seriously: have there really been that many repeat coaches in the superbowl? I can see how it's entirely possible... I'm just curious.

Lombardi (2-0), Bud Grant (vikings 0-4), Shula (Colts, Dolphins 3-1), Landry (Cowboys 3-2), Chuck Noll (Steelers 3-0), Walsh (49rs 3-0?), Gibbs (Redskins 3-1?) Johnson (Cowboys 3-0), Levy (Bills 0-4) Dan Reeves (Broncos, Falcons 1-2?), Parcells (Giants, Pats 2-1?), Holmgren -could be wrong here, (Packers 1-1), Seifert (49ers, Panthers 2-1?) Belicheck (Pats, 2-0)

I really want to be optimistic about our hopes next year...but I don't see a National Championship happening. I think we can return to the ranks in the national spotlight (top 10 at least), but I don't see being #1.

I'm not sold on Keller yet because I haven't seen him play our offense. And him having only one year to learn it doesn't give me confidence. Maybe if he could remain with us longer he might take us to where we need to go. It took Taylor awhile to get ahold of it, but he's done a phenomenal job of getting us back on our feet.

To be a NC contender, we can't lose any games next year. And we ESPECIALLY can't lose games like we did to OSU this year (or even USC). The OSU game gave me and the rest of Husker nation doubts as to whether or not we are 100% back to where we want to be. I hope the Husker can prove me wrong this Spring and next year, but until then I just hope we can get back in the spot light. So far the only big game we have finished well in is the MO game.

Not to mention we STILL HAVE A PROBLEM FINISHING STRONG! We are NOT being consistent and just seem like a different team during the second half. Against Mizzou, we go to half time winning 27-6....we come back out and let them score 14 points and we only score 7?? We have the lead against OSU at half and then let them come back scoring 21-6 against us in the second half. Our consistency HAS to get better if we really want to become a powerhouse.

Wanting to go from the bottom of the 25 to the National Championship in one year is a big leap for us...and we only have 3 or 4 planks left to build the bridge that will get us there. Let's just finish this season first, and then worry about recruiting and spring work outs...before we get all excited about a National Championship.

If we can finish strong this year, and win all of our games, then in KC, and finally the Fiesta Bowl I will be very confident. Like you said Benny, Keller will not have had a lot of time in the system, but it will be a full year more that ZT, so I'm hoping that will help him out. The spring game once again should be a fun one to be at. But that's a long ways away. There are 4 games left this season. GBR

I feel there are to many intangeables like injuries that can derail a championship run. Our goal next year should be to win the big 12 and if we do that and are good enough to have won all of our games then we will be in position for a title shot. Then it depends on polls computers and teams that we do not even play. We should be a factor in the race next year, here is to hoping everything else falls into place.

GBR

Lombardi (2-0), Bud Grant (vikings 0-4), Shula (Colts, Dolphins 3-1), Landry (Cowboys 3-2), Chuck Noll (Steelers 3-0), Walsh (49rs 3-0?), Gibbs (Redskins 3-1?) Johnson (Cowboys 3-0), Levy (Bills 0-4) Dan Reeves (Broncos, Falcons 1-2?), Parcells (Giants, Pats 2-1?), Holmgren -could be wrong here, (Packers 1-1), Seifert (49ers, Panthers 2-1?) Belicheck (Pats, 2-0)

Forgot Stram (Chiefs 1-1)

Yeah, I went and counted them up :) I found 40 different coaches... that is really interesting! 40 coaches for 80 teams!