The State of the K-State Football Team

Fife

Early on in the year Coach Prince was running all of his players off. I don't have any numbers but a lot of the players quit the team. However, since then Prince has sat down two veterans at QB and RB in favor of two freshman and it has worked. They have reached the 6 win mark which means they are going to a bowl game and they almost seem to be a team on the rise (Remember we were only able to win 5 games in our transition year).

I was just wondering what you guys think about this turn of events. Is Prince a good coach and does he actually know what he's doing? Will Prince turn the Mildcats into the Wildcats again?

The main differenec between the two teams on starting over is, he has a QB that understands and has the ability to throw to the right color of uniform. He is not cursed with the human interception machine.

But he has turned the program around quickly. Kstate has a lot of pride for what they have accomplished in the last 10-15 years. I think they will be back in the hunt very quickly.

Sure we may have only won 5 games our first year with Callahan and Prince is off to 6 so far with 2 reg season and a bowl game to go.(texas, ku, bowl - which they could very well lose all of them) But anyway, I think we had it a lot harder on the transition side of everything considering we were an option team and ksu was more of a pro style already. Ksu seems to be settling in fairly though and should be fine for the future. I have never and will never like Prince...I scratch my head a lot from all the things you hear about what he's doing at ksu.

My biggest issue with ksu is their fans. Where do I start. Living in kansas, I obviously have it worse than most. Let me inform you that they are sure they would beat us if they played neb today. I love their mood swings, it can be entertaining, but of course annoying. After we went to their house and handled them, all I heard was Prince was an idiot and should never have been hired. After the last 2 weeks they have been able to win 2 in a row after being blown out by missouri. It is amazing what 2 weeks can do for a fans mind. Now all I hear is how phenominal Freeman is and will be.(He was very impressive in his 2 wins, yes I think so, but...) The last 2 teams they have played are of course the 2 WORST teams in the big 12 in ISU and CU. Doesn't matter though because according to these fans, Freeman was 24-26 and only because a pass was dropped and the other was thrown out of bounds.(stat box says 22-26) My question is how can fans once again think they are unstoppable after beating the 2 worst teams(by far) in the conference? Another thing I hear is how good they will be from "how the recruits Prince is bringing in are so good." I just laugh whenever I hear that...they obviously have no desire to research before they make a comment like that. My head wants to explode sometimes from listening to these people, honestly...

I hope that they come back so when we beat them so have no excuses. Freeman will be a good QB as the years pass, but our defense will continue to beat him into the turf!!! I am not a big fan of Prince...if I was a KSU fan I would be afraid that if something better comes up, he will leave in a heartbeat. He doesn't seem to be too trustworthy IMHO.