HOT TOPIC NU vs. aTm

Nebraska vs aTm...

This game is going to be close. With good running attacks on both teams we will see a quick low scoring game. This may come down to whomever has the ball last. I havent payed alot of attention to aTm but last week they went down 2 scores right off the bat and then held out and almost won the game. OU didnt have adrian so its hard to judge just how good the aTm's D really is. I think we will win a close one. What are you thoughts and how do you think we can T off on the weaknesses of aTm? What are you thinking will be the outcome? I think turnovers may be the biggest part of the game! Is nebraska going to have to resort to trickery to pull off a win? I thinkn BC just enjoys pulling those plays outta the book. So what is instore for this sat afternoon? Big Red Victory?.............I think so!

I'm with you. A&M is coming off a loss and they are playing at home which happens to be a hostile crowd. If NU can play 4 quarters of football, then they get the win, and make travel arriangements for K.C.. But, if the OSU team shows up its back to the drawling board. NU has been up and down this year, but I believe that OSU game woke a couple people up.

OU jumped to an early 14-3 lead in the 1st Qtr with Patrick Allen running the ball (he had 101yds on 14 carries in the 1st Qtr alone). OU was able to gash their defense for some huge gains on the ground. But if you look at the stats, ATM outplayed OU but ATM didn't make the plays they needed to win.

Team Stat Comparison

OU/ATM

1st Downs 16/15

Total Yards 263/267

Passing 39/63

Rushing 224/204

Penalties 5-42/6-48

3rd Down Conversions 1-9/6-14

4th Down Conversions 1-1/0-0

Turnovers 2/1

Possession 28:36/31:24

It's very possible OU could have scored more or kept ATM from scoring but a failed onside kick and subsequent OU penalties allowed ATM to score in the nd Qtr.

If we play smart error free football, we should win. I personally think we'll play well but ATM will outplay us and get a late score in the game to pull out the victory.

Statisticly a very even game for the most part with aTm edging in a few. I think that if we play error free football we can win anygame... and beat any team on our schedule. I think we need to force the issue on D and try to force sum turnovers so we can clinch this big 12 north title.!

I think aTm will come out and try to slow down the run right off the bat. They learned a hard lesson in the 1st qtr last week. So we may need to use the pass to open up the run and I can see purify getting some big gains in the first half due to the box being stuffed. I will predict our first score will be a crossing route that BIG MO breaks a tackle and is free to run. That will open up the run and we start to control the game. Now will BC have the same thoughts, WHO KNOWS it could be a Curt Mann reverse pass to AC who is in as a tight end.

Seriously it should be an enternaining game to watch.

Haha maybe a fumbleruskie! I think you are right they may end up like KU putting 8-9 guys in the box right off the bat and that wont be anygood for jackson. If they start that i would like to see sum PA passes on first down to open this game up. I think MO PUR is going to have a great game but other recievers are going to have to be on their game to! IE swift and nunn. I hope that taylor doesnt key on MO cuz i have seen many times this year where petersen and swift and nunn have been wide open and taylor doesnt look off defenders and tries to squeeze one into MO PUR.

if our defense plays like they did the first half against missouri I think we will win.

If they continue throughout the game. We've seen to many times we let teams back in it in the second half. Lets go for the jugular! take it to them all day. Not just the first quarter. Last year we were always down in the first quarter and had to climb back now its us getting ahead and letting teams come back.. lets just start strong and finish stronger!

the key to the passing game being effective is Zac getting time to make reads and checking down. MO might be the key reciever and if ZT doesnt have time to make reads then he is stuck throwing right away and not being able to see the open reciever.

run the ball to open passing lanes, pass the ball to open up the running lanes

OU only threw for 39 yards?? No wonder the game was close.

Yeah, and scored 3 points after the first 10 minutes. I think it will be a close game, but if A&M starts turning the ball over, look out. NU has shown a more potent passing attack and an equally potent running attack as OU. If Taylor gets in a rhythm, it could be pretty sweet.

I think it always come down to whoever controls the line of scrimmage and converting a high percentage of third downs.

I dont think A&M is as good as their record. We havent been good (consistently) on the road. The game against OSU will have the Huskers more focused on having a complete game performance. I've seen A&M several times this year, they are good but not a powerhouse team with a lot of playmakers.

Huskers win this game.