Nebraska in debt to Taylor

Good article on Taylor

Taylor

Nebraska might be the only football program in Division I-A where the record for career passing yards is older than the starting quarterback.

That will change Saturday in Kyle Field when Zac Taylor, 23, picks up his 110th passing yard against Texas A&M and breaks the school's 32-year-old mark, set in 1974 by David Humm (5,035).

Taylor really saved this program. It was quite obvious that Dailey never picked up the offense and Beck was coming along was too slow. By the time/If he ever picked up the offense we might have had a new coach. Taylor may not win a championship for us, but he will always be remembered as a championship quarterback for this program in my eyes.

Taylor really saved this program. It was quite obvious that Dailey never picked up the offense and Beck was coming along was too slow. By the time/If he ever picked up the offense we might have had a new coach. Taylor may not win a championship for us, but he will always be remembered as a championship quarterback for this program in my eyes.

:yeah

I did not have time to read the article, but any article giving props to Zac is spot on.

This kid turned this program around. It may not be where some thought it would be by now, but in my mind we are ahead of schedule and it is owed to Zac. This kid has taken a horrendous beating since day one in this program. But like a Timex he keeps bouncing back up, no matter how poorly the Oline plays. Never a word of blame, only his fault for not finding the recievers fast enough. He is great kid and hopefully will always be remembered aa a great Husker. He exemplifies what the new Husker mold is.

I remember reading an article by Tom Shatel in the offseason, and he asked Taylor about this td pass against KSUcks, and he said he threw it because of the guys feet, or something like that, and he was 50 yards away from the player. ZT is incredible, and will always be one of my favorite Huskers of all time.

When he breaks the passing record i will be extremly happy for him to be able to break a nebraska football record that has stood for years he has been able to step in and do more than what any of us has thought he would do and he has been able to take hit after hit after hit and yet stand right backup he has the skill and the toughness to get the job done at this level and maybe the next so when him and his fellow seniors comeback home next week we all should give him the loudest standing ovation that he has ever had for he has set the example for how the next line of quarterbacks should be

Great article! ZT is our WCO pioneer. His records may get passed but he's laying a great foundation for those that follow him. It will be great when it starts paying dividends in recruiting with an uber-QB out of high school.

Weeelll... technically Joe D. was our pioneer... but more along the lines of the Donner Party rather than Lewis and Clark (historical chronology of those travels westward notwithstanding).

I remember reading an article by Tom Shatel in the offseason, and he asked Taylor about this td pass against KSUcks, and he said he threw it because of the guys feet, or something like that, and he was 50 yards away from the player. ZT is incredible, and will always be one of my favorite Huskers of all time.

I remember that. Zac said the defensive back couldn't defend the pass because his feet were out of position. When I read that I thought wow "...We got ourselves a quarterback..."