worst safety ever

the grange

nah...lets just say hes the worst safety ever. hey shanle....turn around when the ball is in the air. he should have intercepted that sh#t. oh my god...i cant believe this. hes so bad.

I don't think he is the worst ever. Why can't you be happy with a win? Have you ever covered a receiver when the ball is in the air. I only played D III, but I can tell you when you are running and covering the receiver it is hard to know when the ball is thrown and when to turn around. Sure, you can here the players calling the ball on the sideline, but on the field you can't hear the sound picked up from the sideline microphones. Just realize this is a game, and life will start over tomorrow. Oh, don't forget , we won the game. Quit complaining and enjoy!

I'm glad we won, however enough of the sunshine pumping... #8 is constantly out of position, takes horrible angles, and his tackling is far below average. After viewing the UT/KSU game tonight and watching the play of "physical" safeties, it just confirms how bad we need help back there...

dedhoarsededhoarsededhoarsededhoarse, I am sure everyone bitching about #8 could do a better job. If you have a magic wand to make him better, WAVE THE FRICKIN THING. Obviously the coaches think he gives us a better chance to win then his back ups. Yes we need better talent, and we are getting it (slower than some people would like) but we are recruiting them as we speak. everyone should have known a while back that this was not the defense that would win us a national championship, so be happy with the win.

I don't think he is the worst ever.

Maybe he is not the worst ever, but he is working very hard at achieving such status.

Why can't you be happy with a win?

I pretty sure he is happy with the win. Even with a win, Shanle played poorly.

Have you ever covered a receiver when the ball is in the air. I only played D III, but I can tell you when you are running and covering the receiver it is hard to know when the ball is thrown and when to turn around. Sure, you can here the players calling the ball on the sideline, but on the field you can't hear the sound picked up from the sideline microphones.

I think we are all aware that playing D1 ball is difficult, but it is obviously more difficult for Shanle. I am not very persuaded by the "if you haven't played it, don't criticize it" argument. I have never played safety, but I have played enough football, been around football enough, and watched enough games to realize that Shanle is not that good at that position. He makes A LOT of mistakes and has very poor instincts.

Just realize this is a game, and life will start over tomorrow. Oh, don't forget , we won the game. Quit complaining and enjoy!

And the Dr. Phil Award goes to huskerpt34 :dumdum