Josh Freeman

Freeman has been impressive the last 2 weeks. Perhaps he made the best move for him. He wouldn't have started at NU for a couple years. As painful as it is to say, Freeman is going to be damn good.

I agree he is going to be good, and I agree that BC is very good at find us great talent! IMO, all of this is good news - I'm tired of the Big 12 North being a joke and it feels like as a division, we are turning the corner! I'd love to see NU, KSU, Mizz, ISU, and all of the rest (except sCUm) dominating 1st the South and then the rest of the country! All of that isn't going to happen without NU having to play some tough, interesting teams. :box

Freeman, Mustain, Tebow and many others (true freshman qbs) saw action this fall....in our complicated scheme, it is unlikely a freshman qb could learn it and execute it, thus many of these guys go where they can play in a system as freshman....as long as we deploy this offense

(which over emphasizes shifts and fools no one in my opinion) we will be hard pressed to get a freshman who wants to start and has the talent to start to come here.....handicap for recruiting

Freeman has been impressive the last 2 weeks. Perhaps he made the best move for him. He wouldn't have started at NU for a couple years. As painful as it is to say, Freeman is going to be damn good.

He may be good, but he chose a road that will have him surrounded by inferior talent and he has to wear purple. I think he will have a solid career but go 0-4 against Nebraska.

Sorry I disagree on the part where your kinda putting down our WCO...........I think it's a great system and as far as I'm concerned I don't want a QB who isn't smart enough to learn this system and make it work. Any recruit should jump at the chance to play in this offense as it gives them an edge in the NFL systems...........IMO

Sorry I disagree on the part where your kinda putting down our WCO...........I think it's a great system and as far as I'm concerned I don't want a QB who isn't smart enough to learn this system and make it work. Any recruit should jump at the chance to play in this offense as it gives them an edge in the NFL systems...........IMO

not putting it down, just making the point that even a talented freshman who knows he can play somewhere else, will not come here to redshirt.......Freeman is a guy with good talent and he knew he would not be playing this year at NU, so he ends up at K-State....how many other guys thought that way? who knows?

not putting it down, just making the point that even a talented freshman who knows he can play somewhere else, will not come here to redshirt.......Freeman is a guy with good talent and he knew he would not be playing this year at NU, so he ends up at K-State....how many other guys thought that way? who knows?

If we get into a spot where we have to play freshman who are unwilling to compete for a spot with established QBs on the team we're in real trouble. (The McCoy's of the world are an exception). I haven't seen documentation that Freeman left because he didn't think he could learn the offense. Beck apparently thought he was better than Taylor and wasn't getting a fair shake per his mom.

I'm tired of hearing about how difficult it is to learn. That is a cop out. Freeman didn't want to come here because he would have redshirted and then been behind Beck for two years. He would have had two years to play. At KState he was promised (unofficially) the job and had the opportunity to be a 4 year starter. Next year Sam Keller will be starting. There is not one single freshman in the country who would be able to beat him out. The year after is up in the air however, Hildebrand will have 2 years in the system, Ganz 4, Witt 1, do you think there is a freshman who can beat that out? Unlikely.

WCO isn't too complicated jesus christ give it a rest.

then WHY can't we get the Freemans, Mustains and Tebows to come here if this is such a great system to perpare a qb for the NFL? no one seems to know the answer or have a theory?? i guess we can pretend getting a great kid out of high school is not important.....no future Tebows, Mustains or Freemans coming up.........got it

Getting a great kid out of High School doesn't always mean success at the college level. I'd much rather we get 2 or 3 star players who have an appetite to learn, adapt well, are easily coached and become great players. Zac Taylor is a prime, perfect example of that. I'll take 100 Zac Taylor type players over 100 Josh Freeman players any day

then WHY can't we get the Freemans, Mustains and Tebows to come here if this is such a great system to perpare a qb for the NFL? no one seems to know the answer or have a theory?? i guess we can pretend getting a great kid out of high school is not important.....no future Tebows, Mustains or Freemans coming up.........got it

Weather Sucks!

Shoot, I grew up there, and I won't go back while I can see my breath!..We're shooting for this Summer to take the kids back there.

I doubt Callihan has that much recognition (yet) as a coach that'll get you to the next level..Many feel getting into a Superbowl is a fluke..More luck involved than anything..Other than that, how sucessful was he or Norvel at developing QB's in the NFL? In the eyes of a kid like Freeman or Tebow?