Josh Freeman

then WHY can't we get the Freemans, Mustains and Tebows to come here if this is such a great system to perpare a qb for the NFL? no one seems to know the answer or have a theory?? i guess we can pretend getting a great kid out of high school is not important.....no future Tebows, Mustains or Freemans coming up.........got it

Weather Sucks!

Shoot, I grew up there, and I won't go back while I can see my breath!..We're shooting for this Summer to take the kids back there.

I doubt Callihan has that much recognition (yet) as a coach that'll get you to the next level..Many feel getting into a Superbowl is a fluke..More luck involved than anything..Other than that, how sucessful was he or Norvel at developing QB's in the NFL? In the eyes of a kid like Freeman or Tebow?

Luck involved getting to the Super Bowl? Getting through an entire 16 game NFL season on luck? Coach Callahan may be Irish but I don't think there are enough four leaf clovers in the world for luck to be a factor at that level.

Freeman is a good player but his character may be more than iffy. Of course most QBs are self-centered SOBs so that might be expected. There had also been reports that Freeman saw Beck working out and he had impressed enough that Freeman figured Beck was the heir apparent. Another way Beck screwed us over. Of course if Keller lives up to the billing then it may be worth it. ( That's karma, not luck) Nutt pulled Mustain in by hiring his high school coach to the staff. That might be one route. Find the next five star QB and kick Norvel to the curb. Might be a fair trade, who knows?

then WHY can't we get the Freemans, Mustains and Tebows to come here if this is such a great system to perpare a qb for the NFL? no one seems to know the answer or have a theory?? i guess we can pretend getting a great kid out of high school is not important.....no future Tebows, Mustains or Freemans coming up.........got it

Weather Sucks!

Shoot, I grew up there, and I won't go back while I can see my breath!..We're shooting for this Summer to take the kids back there.

I doubt Callihan has that much recognition (yet) as a coach that'll get you to the next level..Many feel getting into a Superbowl is a fluke..More luck involved than anything..Other than that, how sucessful was he or Norvel at developing QB's in the NFL? In the eyes of a kid like Freeman or Tebow?

Luck involved getting to the Super Bowl? Getting through an entire 16 game NFL season on luck? Coach Callahan may be Irish but I don't think there are enough four leaf clovers in the world for luck to be a factor at that level.

Freeman is a good player but his character may be more than iffy. Of course most QBs are self-centered SOBs so that might be expected. There had also been reports that Freeman saw Beck working out and he had impressed enough that Freeman figured Beck was the heir apparent. Another way Beck screwed us over. Of course if Keller lives up to the billing then it may be worth it. ( That's karma, not luck) Nutt pulled Mustain in by hiring his high school coach to the staff. That might be one route. Find the next five star QB and kick Norvel to the curb. Might be a fair trade, who knows?

I think your on to something. Hire about 15/20 coaches and we'll be unbeatable.

:nutz

I think it is unfair to question what the kid did. It is done and over with. After Saturday nite there is little question that it was good move for him and Kstate.

He is a tremedous talent. Most likely more talented than any one we have at QB.

He went to KState for one reason and one reason only. To play this year. He was not ducking competition, he saw a quicker way to get on the field. That in todays world is the way it is done.

Yes we will lose some kids due this idea. But there are plenty out there. We win we will get what we need.

Our system is one of the toughest to learn. In the long run it would most likely have been a better place for Josh, but that burning to suit and play is great in some kids. I think Josh make the best dicession for himself. He really has no obligations to Nebraska fans or staff. Only himself.

As for being surrounded with lesser talent and never having a shot. I don't think that is true anymore. Prince is a good coach, knows exactly what he wants and gets the players ready to play. They will be a force again in the North.

But there are only so many starting jobs in the top programs. Normally 10 to 15 top QB's every year coming out. Some are going to have to wait. We will get one of those this year. Have faith, they have found them before, they will again. At least another year away to worry about it.

I think it is unfair to question what the kid did. It is done and over with. After Saturday nite there is little question that it was good move for him and Kstate.

He went to KState for one reason and one reason only. To play this year. He was not ducking competition, he saw a quicker way to get on the field. That in todays world is the way it is done.

Yes we will lose some kids due this idea. But there are plenty out there. We win we will get what we need.

Our system is one of the toughest to learn. In the long run it would most likely have been a better place for Josh, but that burning to suit and play is great in some kids. I think Josh make the best dicession for himself. He really has no obligations to Nebraska fans or staff. Only himself.

As for being surrounded with lesser talent and never having a shot. I don't think that is true anymore. Prince is a good coach, knows exactly what he wants and gets the players ready to play. They will be a force again in the North.

But there are only so many starting jobs in the top programs. Normally 10 to 15 top QB's every year coming out. Some are going to have to wait. We will get one of those this year. Have faith, they have found them before, they will again. At least another year away to worry about it.

Choosing the best place for you is one thing. Telling someone they're the place for you and then going elsewhere is another matter. I don't really care about Freeman, but integrity is important.

Choosing the best place for you is one thing. Telling someone they're the place for you and then going elsewhere is another matter. I don't really care about Freeman, but integrity is important.

And sending a text message to the coach you originally committed to telling them you're going to another school is chickensh*tted IMO. I wouldn't have a problem (and don't have a problem) with him going to KSU. It's the manner in which he told Callahan.

And sending a text message to the coach you originally committed to telling them you're going to another school is chickensh*tted IMO. I wouldn't have a problem (and don't have a problem) with him going to KSU. It's the manner in which he told Callahan.

Freeman is good but not great, especially since he isn't surrounded by talent. EVeryone considered the Missouri quarterback to be great but look what the Blackshirts were able to do with him, even with our secondary.

In short, I see it as not so big a loss. :corndance

What was it Granny Holtz useta say?

"Life is 10% what happenes to you..90% how you deal with it".

Something gives me the impression that Freeman really wishes he could've somehow gone to both places and feels bad for letting the NU coaching staff down..But made the right decision about going to KSU.

It does no good to condemn him now..Just wish him luck and show a good face to the next recruits.

Would you trust a new Girlfriend that obsessed about a former Boyfriend that hurt her?

People tend to gravitate to class.

We actually did get a kid that was just as touted as Freeman (#3 Pro Style to Freemans #4) but his mommy opened up here big mouth and slammed the door shut on his playing career in Lincoln. If we wouldn't of brought that goofball in here Mark Sanchez was all set to come here.

Zac Taylor proved that you don't have to be a highly touted guy to come in and be successful. Just don't turn the ball over and make smart decisions and you'll be fine.

Tebow only comes in to run QB draws so don't act like he is starting or playing a crap-load of minutes. Mustain got benched for some dude named Dick as well.

Also go to Rivals and look at the 2005 Pro Style Rankings. Look who the #15 QB is, it is Colt McCoy with a 3 star ranking. The #15 Pro Style QB this year is, Patrick Witt with a 3 star ranking. What does it mean? Maybe it means that 3 star guys can come in a make an impact just as big as 4-5 star guys. (I'm not saying just because they are both the #15 rated guy that they are the same player. Just saying don't throw 3 star kids under the bus)

After doing a little research, it looks like this kid from Wylie, TX (Patrick Witt) might be what we are actually looking for. However, I am sure most of you know better than I on if this kid talents will go far in the WCO.

Here is a quick blog I found on him from Texas Highschool Football:

"By Jake Shaw/TexasFootball.com

It's likely even Wylie boosters are asking "who's Patrick Witt?"

When Lone Star Recruiting published its top 10 list by position of Texas preps, Witt ranked 10th among a strong class of QBs.

It backed the selection by showing the Wylie senior-to-be combined for 1,300 yards of offense and 27 TDs as a junior. Yet there wasn't a single "Witt" on last year's Wylie roster.

That's easily explained. Witt is a transfer from Georgia, and his commitment to Nebraska on Wednesday afternoon shows he'll likely quickly adapt to Texas high school football.

"He hasn't missed a practice since he got here," said Bill Howard, the longtime Wylie assistant head coach who was promoted to head coach in the offseason.

"He's really picked up (offensive coordinator Shanon) Purcell's offense," Howard continued. "He's had a great spring and has been the quarterback for every 7-on-7 game."

Witt, the son of two airline pilots, should benefit from the move to Texas. Last year his numbers were somewhat muted by his team's Wing-T offensive formation.

Howard said some schools were slow to pull the trigger on the 6-4, 215-pound prospect, hoping to see what kind of offense he'd land in.

Wylie should accommodate Nebraska's spread offense.

"We throw the football from the beginning of practice and don't quit until the end," Howard said.

Wylie, one of the faster growing areas in the state, is used to transfers. That explains how Wylie moved up to Class 5A from 4A after the UIL's February realignment.

But few, Howard said, have brought this much promise.

"We always have move-ins, but never at the quarterback position," Howard said. "We're used to developing our own."

Witt chose Nebraska over nearly 10 other programs, including in-state offers from Baylor, Texas Tech and UTEP. He's the third Texas prep from this year's class to pledge to Nebraska, joining Ian Harris of SA Churchill and Brenham's Shawn Sullivan."