#13 = #1?

cmb23

On 1620 yesterday they got into the discussion about Taylor and his 'legacy' (allbeit 2 years) at NU. Figuring in stats, toughness, heart and leadership. Plenty of people said he's a top 3 QB, but I think some are just caught up in the 'now' and not thinking of some from the past. Of course he's had to do something that few QB's have had to do...be THE GUY in a completely re-vamped offense.

I am 30 so I've been around for some great teams and players...but I don't have much input about guys like Ferragamo, Humm, etc. Wish I could have seen some of those guys back then.

I'd say he's (Taylor) top 10 now, but if they can win the next 3 he'd add to this 'legacy' and be top 5.

Think for a bit: Humm, Ferragamo, Gill, Gadowski (yes I think he was underrated), Frazier, Frost, Crouch, Dailey....OK kidding. :lol:

And would you put Berringer up there? Sitting back, took advantage of his chance, and moved back out of the spotlight when Tommie returned.

What are your top 3-5-10..... Why? And no...Steve Taylor can't be #1 no matter what you say!!!

I think he will be remembered for quite some time, but his records will hopefully not stand for too long. Only reason he broke records so easily is for obvious reasons.

If callahan is here to stay, Taylor will be seen as the QB who got it all started.

I wonder if he can make it in the nfl? that would be real cool.

1. frazier

2. crouch

3. berringer

4. gill

After that its a toss up, there was plenty of talented qb's to play for TO before he won a championship...gdowski...etc.

I think most QB's are attached to championships.

I would actually have to put ZT in the top 3..he turned the program around almost by himself when we were heading for dark times..his attitude and never say die attitude last year helped ALOT to turn this program back in the right direction..no other qb here had that huge weight put on their shoulders

I'd have to argue that NOBODY has had to carry such a weight/burden. Example: Frost. He didn't have to change the offense, but he did have to come in and fill the shoes of a 2-time top 5 heisman finisher and 2 time Nat. Champ. Talk about carrying the weight and expectations of the world?!?!

I think ZT will make a 3-5 year career as a backup to some young stud-gunslinger. You know, one of those guys that maybe sees the field for a combined 5 minutes in a season because the starting QB never misses a snap. You'll never hear his name, and you'll only see his jersey during a timeout. Maybe backup for a Carson Palmer or Philip Rivers. Kind of like the backup for Peyton Manning......um.....who is......see my point? (Is it still Jim Sorgi?) But I'm sure that a cool 350K a year would be nice to call in plays!!!!

Anyway, back to the top QB discussion!!!!

On 1620 yesterday they got into the discussion about Taylor and his 'legacy' (allbeit 2 years) at NU. Figuring in stats, toughness, heart and leadership. Plenty of people said he's a top 3 QB, but I think some are just caught up in the 'now' and not thinking of some from the past. Of course he's had to do something that few QB's have had to do...be THE GUY in a completely re-vamped offense.

I am 30 so I've been around for some great teams and players...but I don't have much input about guys like Ferragamo, Humm, etc. Wish I could have seen some of those guys back then.

I'd say he's (Taylor) top 10 now, but if they can win the next 3 he'd add to this 'legacy' and be top 5.

Think for a bit: Humm, Ferragamo, Gill, Gadowski (yes I think he was underrated), Frazier, Frost, Crouch, Dailey....OK kidding. :lol:

And would you put Berringer up there? Sitting back, took advantage of his chance, and moved back out of the spotlight when Tommie returned.

What are your top 3-5-10..... Why? And no...Steve Taylor can't be #1 no matter what you say!!!

You forgot Jerry Tagge from the 70/71 NC team

1. Tommie Frasier

2. Turner Gill

3. Scott Frost

4. Eric Crouch

5. Jerry Tagge

6. Gerry Gdowski

7. Vince Ferregamo

8. Zac Taylor

9. Dave Humm

10.Brook Berringer

I am 40, can't say much prior to Tagge. Putting Gdowski up there is a reach, but man did he have an incredible year in 1989 when he got the chance.

I was just going to say, where's Touchdown Tommie?

I think he's been mentioned on almost every post?!?! Let me check (pause) - Yep...all but 1 has his name.

And yes, I didn't put Taggge's name down. Not intentionally, just was rattling off names that popped into my head....but wasn't going to list every QB that ever started a game.

Matt Turman? Mickey Joseph? :sarcasm

I was just going to say, where's Touchdown Tommie?

I think he's been mentioned on almost every post?!?! Let me check (pause) - Yep...all but 1 has his name.

And yes, I didn't put Taggge's name down. Not intentionally, just was rattling off names that popped into my head....but wasn't going to list every QB that ever started a game.

Matt Turman? Mickey Joseph? :sarcasm

Tagge, just anyone who ever started a game? Do you enjoy being an :asshat ? Just kidding.

1. Tommy Frazier--QB on best team ever.

2. Jerry Tagge--Guided NU to the national championships in 70/71 that put Nebraska on the map

3. Turner Gill--QB on two awesome teams that were VERY close to championships

4. Scott Frost--led team to 97 championship and was 1000\1000 man

5. Zac Taylor--pioneer QB that set the benchmark for other WCO QBs to follow him

6. Eric Crouch--um...won the Heisman!

7. Brook Berringer--stepped up to keep title hopes alive

8. Dave Humm--put up big numbers such as yds passing mark Taylor passed

9. Vince Ferragamo--had the TD record until Taylor passed him

10. Gerry Gdowski--put up monster numbers as an option QB with his one year to shine (pre-Texas TEch mold :) )

1. Tommy Frazier--QB on best team ever.

2. Jerry Tagge--Guided NU to the national championships in 70/71 that put Nebraska on the map

3. Turner Gill--QB on two awesome teams that were VERY close to championships

4. Scott Frost--led team to 97 championship and was 1000\1000 man

5. Zac Taylor--pioneer QB that set the benchmark for other WCO QBs to follow him

6. Eric Crouch--um...won the Heisman!

7. Brook Berringer--stepped up to keep title hopes alive

8. Dave Humm--put up big numbers such as yds passing mark Taylor passed

9. Vince Ferragamo--had the TD record until Taylor passed him

10. Gerry Gdowski--put up monster numbers as an option QB with his one year to shine

Just flip Crouch and Frost and that's my list.