Here's to hoping we dismantle CU

Aim9

I think we already humiliated them last year . . . weren't we 14-point underdogs when we went in there, beat them 30-3, and had their student section cleared out?

Speaking of crappy fans, a Buff fan was saying that in 2002 when they came here and won 28-13, NU fans threw trash at them? I'm thinking he's just blowing hot air like all Buff fans, but does anyone else have any recollection of this?

If it did happen, I'd be willing to bet sCUm fan did something to bring it on himself.

Guy's dont worry. Their best players of all time never made it in the NFL. A quarterback was turned into a punter and Salam couldn't make it into the WWF's version of football. They will never ever be a great program. They will alway's be known for having the worst fans, and crappy teams. Let them talk all they want. Its there right, but we will talk back on 25 Nov 06.

Is there any word on whether the rumor of Huskervision playing the Hawkins Video is true?

Oh I certainly hope so. Can you imagine all the boos cascading down from the stands? I'll be there yelling at the top of my lungs. I think it would make for GREAT motivation. Worst day as buff, better than the best day as a Husker? How anyone could have a better day than us after our 95 season is beyond me. Their one title in 90 they got because the worst officiating crew in the history of football gave them 5 downs to score on. That's their best day ever.

Given that the Huskers have been the winningest program in the NCAA since 1970 and 5th winningest all-time, Hawkins must have been living in a cave in Idaho for quite some time to be that isolated.

Speaking of crappy fans, a Buff fan was saying that in 2002 when they came here and won 28-13, NU fans threw trash at them? I'm thinking he's just blowing hot air like all Buff fans, but does anyone else have any recollection of this?

I believe that happened. There are a handful of bad Husker fans, but not many.

As for blowing out CU, let's not forget about our second half jinx. Callahan needs an alternative game plan or make counter-adjustments to help avoid another offensive slow-down.

Is there any word on whether the rumor of Huskervision playing the Hawkins Video is true?

that would great! talk about getting the crowd in a fired up/laughing frenzy.

They keep mentioning the 62-36 game from eons ago

let 'em talk about it. Its ALL they have.

dedhoarse

Think of the pride we take in our championships, in our storied history. they don't have that, not even close. so for them, a single win over what proved to be a one-man show (NU 2001) is it for them.

their hatred of Nebraska is the focus of their program. their Husker p***s envy is what unites their fanbase.

its quite sad, but that game is just about the only bone (twig really) they have to chew on.

so let 'em chew on it and choke, and pity them.

Their one title in 90 they got because the worst officiating crew in the history of football gave them 5 downs to score on. That's their best day ever.

some would probably list the 2001 game as their best day ever. that WAS their championship.

i do remember someone hanging a sign on I-80 east bound after their former qb that died of stomach cancer, "Sal is Dead, GO BIG RED"

i thought that was some jackass at a BBall game...? whatever it was, maybe Karma found this lowlife and he ended up with cancer himself. maybe that's a horrible thing to say but a lowlife like that doesn't deserve much else.

funny how its become an annual thing to have a non-conf opponent say they want to emulate Nebraska's fans and class after they play us in Lincoln. or how message boards from visiting teams often light up with "Nebraska's fans are great!" threads following a game. or how even a life long CU fan wrote in a Colorado paper that he can't hate Nebraska anymore because of how classy and great the fans are.

But yet many CU fans are convinced that Nebraska's reputation of being classy is something fake, untrue, and "self-proclaimed" by NU fans. they insist that we're really just as bad as they are. its understandable considering their constant state of denial and the rule of Buff fans to refuse to say anything nice about NU.

and I really hope Callahan will run the score up on them to teach em a lesson.

so, your assuming they're capable of actually learning lessons? We could blow them out by 50 (Not saying we will) and the only thing they might learn is how to say "62-36" without crying- too hard.

we know, whatever the score in this game, close or blowout, those numbers will come up because- well, see above. its all they have.