Honestly, what are these people smoking?

Only 1 or 2 sCUm fans actually picking the Huskers to win. They are blinded by how bad they are. They are not going to win one for the gipper, or win their bowl game. This game won't be close. sCUm link

Take this for what it is worth, but last time that Nebraska guaranteed a win we were defeated by USC. Let the sCUm fans talk their smack and just let the Huskers (8-3) prove why they are in the Top 25 and the Buffs (2-9) are not.

Great beard of Zeus, these people are on acid! Some really good acid! I mean seriously, they lost 30-3 last year .... and their team is worse then EVER! Oh and if I hear 62-36 one more time I am gonna loose it .... it was HALF A DECADE AGO!!! CU is like the uncle in Nepoleon Dynamite .... he had one day of coolness and he tries to re-create it every day of his life. I even bet there is some poor sCUm fan that has 62-36 tattood on his/her arm! Here is the bottom line sCUm ...

You have no offense

My sisters curling team has more motivation then your defense.

You have a really great kicker (Just so you know you have to not go 3 and out to actually make him useful)

Your special teams are well...... "special" that is for sure :clap

Have fun with the drive home on Saturday!

Like any fan message board, my guess is they are pretty die hard fans. It would get pretty dull if all they did was talk about how bad of a team they have and how they are going to lose by 30. Instead, they talk with pride how their team will pull this one off. If the better team won every time, why play the game. I do sometimes wonder if they truly believe the stuff about Nebraska as a whole and it's people that I see posted on thier boards. When you read alot of those posts and the tone that they use when describing Nebraskan's in general, you kinda wonder if we are dealing with a grade school mentality.

sorry to ask a moronic question...but....

I never understood the "Bugeater" name

How in the world did we get that one?

I mean, every other team's nickname seems to make sense...but Bugeater?

The Nebraska football teams of the 1890's were called the Bugeaters in honor of the insect eating bullbat, a wide mouthed nocturnal bird which fed off the grasshoppers infesting the Nebraska plains. Seriously.

Post Script: During the early years of the program, the team had a number of nicknames: "Bugeaters", "Tree Planters", "The Rattlesnake Boys", "Antelopes" and "Old Gold Knights"; "Cornhuskers" became the sole nickname used around 1900.