Retire Taylor's Jersey

I like Taylor more than the next guy but retiring a jersey is a big deal and unless we win the big 12 and possibly the bcs then I am thinking not so fast.

Keller is going to be great for us. Lucky will be great. Glenn will be great. Mo Pu is great. Austin is a warrior. Bowman is the man. Suh will be awesome. Slauson kicks a$$. Holt is going to kick some butt.

Barry Turner is the sackmaster.

ETC...

Point is; you can't go retiring every great player's number or jersey. We have a lot of great players and to not acknowledge some of these other guys would be a mistake.

My vote is to retire the Heisman's and those very close to it. Retire the 2000 yard rushers but don't retire every great player because we have/should have a lot.

Agreed, you have to keep it to a minium and have the players that won or almost won the heisman get their jersiys retired.

:yeah

Bob Brown(#64) and Tom Novak(#60) are the retired numbers, but

#18 will be remembered forever.

#13 will go to many more players. ZT will be remembered by husker fans for a lot more than his number. He did enough for the program that I will always think of him as 13, so thats the most important thing.

Also, ZT is the type of guy that wouldn't even want that kind of recognition, he would want the number to live on.

I think we only have one number permanently retired, number 60 Tom Novak.

Retired Jerseys:

1949 60 Tom Novak

1972 20 Johnny Rodgers

1972 79 Rich Glover

1982 50 Dave Rimington

1983 30 Mike Rozier

1983 71 Dean Steinkuhler

1994 75 Larry Jacobson

1994 75 Will Shields

1994 34 Trev Alberts

1995 72 Zach Wiegert

1996 15 Tommie Fraizer

1998 67 Aaron Taylor

1998 98 Grant Wistrom

2002 54 Dominic Raiola

2002 7 Eric Crouch

I think if Dominic Raiola qualifies for a retired jersey then Zac should have one as well.

Retired Jerseys:

1949 60 Tom Novak

1972 20 Johnny Rodgers

1972 79 Rich Glover

1982 50 Dave Rimington

1983 30 Mike Rozier

1983 71 Dean Steinkuhler

1994 75 Larry Jacobson

1994 75 Will Shields

1994 34 Trev Alberts

1995 72 Zach Wiegert

1996 15 Tommie Fraizer

1998 67 Aaron Taylor

1998 98 Grant Wistrom

2002 54 Dominic Raiola

2002 7 Eric Crouch

I think if Dominic Raiola qualifies for a retired jersey then Zac should have one as well.

ditto, I am not for retiring a jersey for every star we have/had, but Taylor has been the transistion, he has led this team from one era/generation - to another. he has broken record after record after record -- and if he gets two more touchdowns, it'll be another record (currently held by Frazier).

if this were any regular circumstance - no -- but these are extraordinary times and Nebraska, we are witnessing the biggest transition this program has gone through in its history.

I WANNA SEE #13 ZAC TAYLOR UNDER THE BIG TOY IN N. STADIUM

Retired Jerseys:

1949 60 Tom Novak

1972 20 Johnny Rodgers

1972 79 Rich Glover

1982 50 Dave Rimington

1983 30 Mike Rozier

1983 71 Dean Steinkuhler

1994 75 Larry Jacobson

1994 75 Will Shields

1994 34 Trev Alberts

1995 72 Zach Wiegert

1996 15 Tommie Fraizer

1998 67 Aaron Taylor

1998 98 Grant Wistrom

2002 54 Dominic Raiola

2002 7 Eric Crouch

ditto, I am not for retiring a jersey for every star we have/had, but Taylor has been the transistion, he has led this team from one era/generation - to another. he has broken record after record after record -- and if he gets two more touchdowns, it'll be another record (currently held by Frazier).

if this were any regular circumstance - no -- but these are extraordinary times and Nebraska, we are witnessing the biggest transition this program has gone through in its history.

I WANNA SEE #13 ZAC TAYLOR UNDER THE BIG TOY IN N. STADIUM

That pic is sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet.

I don't really think that his jersey should be retired. He has brought a lot to the program, but it takes an exceptional level of greatness to have your number put up there. Zac is a good quarterback, a good leader, and also a team player. He helped NU get back on its feet after 2004. His 1st year statistics are kind of shaky, but this year is pretty good. I wouldn't retire his jersey because I can't put him on the same level as quarterbacks like Tommie Frazier or Eric Crouch. I appreciate what he has done for the program and NU would be a different team now without him. I would be for retiring his jersey if they win the Big 12 this year and win the Fiesta Bowl.

USC seems to retire a jersey on a weekly basis.

And what like 11 national championships?

He hasn't done anything close enough to have his name mentioned with the players on that list.

Times sure have changed in Lincoln. I remember when the doal was to win the National Championship every year. That started with Devaney. Now people talking about retiring a Jersey of a QB that went 8-3 and won the north division. If they win out including a BCS Bowl, I don't see ZT getting his Jersey retired. How many QB's from Nebraska loss 3 or fewer games?

Can you retire a jersey multiple times?

edit -- yes, apparently you can lol.

Hmm, as for Taylor... maybe. If we win a BCS game this year, then that will make it a lot more likely. Regardless of jersey or accolades, Taylor will ALWAYS be rembered by Nebraska.

No one can ever take away our appreciation for what he's done. ZT has earned the respect of the team, and will go down in the History Books as a major part of this era of Husker Football. I am proud to have him as our QB, and I hope he has a good game later on today.

:power