Feature receiver

Ok during the Use game last night i wondered to my self why dont we do that.. Usc has their stud Jarrett and a very good #2 in Smith... But they make it a point to get the ball to Jarrett so there for he has the catchs to be a nfl prospect and Hiesman hopefull.. Well i look at out team and we like USC have Purify a true #1 and a #2 in Nunn.. Why dont we focus on Purify and get him the touchs he needs.. I reall think it would help us out.. I dont understand why we play 20 wideouts when we have 4 that could handle it... Not trying to start any thing here just a legit ?..

Willis

Callahan likes to "...distribute the mail..." He likes to spread the ball out all over the field because it makes the passing game much more difficult to defend against. If they shut down Purify then Swift has a big day. If they shut down Swift then Hardy or Nunn has a big day.

What's going to be really interesting is when we get two big name receivers on the team. That's why I hope we get O'Neal.

Purify is out there, along with 2-3 other receivers. Whether he get's the ball depends on what read he is and if he can get open. Jarrett is VERY good at getting open.

:yeah But Booty also throws it to him when only he can catch it. I would like to see ZT hang some up there for Mo and let him go get it sometimes

I think Cally's main goal is to get the run established. If we can do that our recievers will have a hay day all night long.

Exactly right. And we have seen a huge improvement in our running game this year. I can't wait until next season when all those offensive linemen we got last year shed their redshirts. It's quite possible we will see another jump in our running games productivity.

By spreading out the receivers, like four or six or 8 per games, the DC has to cover all those positions. It reduces the likelihood of double teams, or at least successful double teams and let's the QB have a much better chance of finding an open receiver, regardless of the check downs he has to use.

MO is going to get enough passes to make him an NFL prospect, expecially with his athleticism and jumping ability. His catch in the CU game is nothing short of incredible. That catch, plus the catches against Missery and aTm already have scouts watching. But, to feature MO might mean snubbing Nunn who had some outstanding catches too!.

We have 4 featured receivers IMO: Purify, Nunn, Peterson and Swift.

I don't like the idea of having a single featured receiver. It's easy for defenses to key in on that one player. Like was mentioned, once Calvin Johnson is taken out of the game, G-Tech struggles. Jarrett on the other hand is just a freak of nature with excellent hands. That one handed grab against ND was awesome! I had to give him props for that one.