Keys to Victory

1. Stop the run and make them one-dimensional. We have the talent to do it, but will our guys tackle?

2. Put together some semblance of a running game. I'm not delusional, so I don't think we'll have 200 + yards rushing against OU, but we need around 100 yards.

3. Utilize the WCO short passing game to control the ball.

4. Execute the deep ball sparingly, but enough to keep them honest.

We defintely could win this game, but it is going to take very, very good execution and exceptional tackling to do so.

Zac Taylor needs to be protected. They had 9 sacks on him last year, and that can't happen this time for us to win

Couldn't of said it better my self. Giving Zac Taylor all the time he needs like getting all the right answers for a test. I might add that the line open up some good holes for our talented backs. :bonez

OU has a very fast defense. IMO the way to combat that is to run some play action, throw in a few shuffle passes maybe a few screen passes. We need to find a way to slow their defense down and keep them honest. We must establish a solid running game early and maintain that running game to keep their defense on the heels and make them think twice about blitzing. If we can't slow them down, we're in trouble.

Maybe deep passing early could open up the run. We do have the recievers to make Okl worry quite a bit about our passing ability. It could all be for naught if we don't wrap up their ball carriers on first contact. We have the offense to win this game if we don't just run the ball over and over just to prove we can, even if its not working. I think Callahan opens it up early. I think he remembers the USC game and any turn overs can put you in a hole quick. Win or lose this program is getting it turned around and next year should be a lot of fun to watch.

:bonez

GBR!!!

1. Stop the run and make them one-dimensional. We have the talent to do it, but will our guys tackle?

2. Put together some semblance of a running game. I'm not delusional, so I don't think we'll have 200 + yards rushing against OU, but we need around 100 yards.

3. Utilize the WCO short passing game to control the ball.

4. Execute the deep ball sparingly, but enough to keep them honest.

We defintely could win this game, but it is going to take very, very good execution and exceptional tackling to do so.

Whose ever got more rushing yards wins. :bonez

1-Control the line of scrimage on both sides of the ball.

2-Success at running the ball on first and second down.

3-Good pass protection is huge.

Zac is very accurate when that happens. We've also seen how he plays when the pocket collapses (ouch).

4-Special teams - big plays

On Defense, we need to spy a little more. The QB scramble is killer. Against CU, we dropped our LB's into coverage and all that sCUm QB had to do was wait until Carriker and Moore rushed by and he would scamper off. If we didnt have secondary issues we wouldnt have to drop our LB's into coverage all the time. Our LB's overreact to plays and they need to fulfill their assignments and hit their respective gaps.

On Offense, protect Zac. Our running attack isnt enough to win it for us. We need Zac to throw for at least 250 yards and 2 scores, at the minimum. Against Texas and USC, we were'nt able to run very effectively. im sure no-one has forgotten that. I dont expect the run to be very effective against OU's stout defense.

If we jump out ahead early, we will cough up the lead. Sure we prevented a 2-9 team from comin back, but can we keep a 10-2 team from not coming back? OU has gone through a lot of adversity this year and they are a stronger team for it, much like us last year. We know we can come back if we fall behind a bit because our QB has pulled us back several times last year and pulled off the miracle at A&M (with a little help from Barry Turner in the form of a blocked field goal to secure the win).

Just some of my thoughts.