NU/Auburn in the Cotton Bowl

true story, i want to have 10 wins this year, 9-5 just doesn't feel like we accomplished a lot this season, which we have all ready. hopefully it'll be a spring board game for next season. We have to be ready from the very start. After nevada, two bcs teams this season. At Wake Forest then USC at home.

Sam Keller better be as good as we all think.

ive heard the cotton bowl stadium is a dump. i dont understand that because then why would oklahoma-texas play there?

It generates a ton of money for the city and both schools. It's not a dump. It's old, absolutely. The playing surface (grass) is nice. You can expect to have a good view as well. It's very intimate, in the sense that you are close to the action. Not a lot of space from the sidelines to the stands. I've been there.

Oh, and someone mentioned that Dallas, Texas is a dump. Sorry if you had a bad experience. This is a great town to live in, even better in the suburbs and surrounding areas. Great food, great bars, great women, and great sports. And you dont pay state tax. :thumbs

This is a good match up for us. Auburn struggled against several teams at different times this year and have been inconsistent on offence. Their D is stout though and hopefully BC will have a good game plan this time to beat them. Running will the key for a victory. I hope Coz plays Thenarse or Culbert a little more and gets some pressure off Grixby. Very winnable game, I hope our fans show up and we did not spend all our money going to the B12 championship.

Call me crazy, but I like this matchup better than what we would have had in the Fiesta. Boise State wouldn't have gotten us much respect if we beat them despite them being undefeated, and if they beat us people would say we got beat by a non-BCS team with a weak schedule. I think a win against Auburn will be better for our image. Still, I woulda liked to have been in a BCS bowl.

another Auburn fan here. I'm excited about this matchup. We were all hoping for a BCS bowl this year but I think we're lucky to have some of the wins we have because we haven't played very well in several games. With that being said, I'm glad we're not playing a Big 10 school again. Seems like we get Wisconsin or Penn State every year. I think these teams can give us a great game. I'm a student at Auburn so I'm trying to get some money together and make it out to Dallas for the game. War Eagle!!!

oh...and like saniflush said...feel free to come over to AUNation.net

we got a lot of good people over there. Just try to overlook all the Bama threads. Whenever something goes wrong at the Crapstone we tend to get caught up in that more than anything else. But trust me, everyone is excited about this game!