the "one man" committee

I wish Glenn would leave Nebraska and go to a team that runs the ball out of a running offense and not the WCO. THen I wish that team would play Nebraska so he could show coach Cally a little something. I guess the Iowa State game wasnt enough for them to see. 150 or so yards? 2 or 3 tds? player of the game on abc? na, hes not a threat at all!

I wish Glenn would leave Nebraska and go to a team that runs the ball out of a running offense and not the WCO. THen I wish that team would play Nebraska so he could show coach Cally a little something.

That would really show them. :bang

Where should he go that "Runs" the ball and not in a WCO? WV? They have Slaton. Arkansas? They have McFadden. Clemson? Davis and Spiller. Boise St? Ian Johnson. A&M? They have Goodson and Lane. OU? They have Patrick. OSU? They have their own RB committee. (the last 3 are the only teams in the Big 12 with more rushing yards then NU) I guess he could go to Navy, Air Force, Louisville, or TCU since they are the only other teams in the nation that average more yards a game then Nebraska.

He knew what he was getting into when he came here. He knew what kind of offense Callahan ran. I'm sure the coaches don't play him even though he is the best back on the team. :wacko: Don't get me wrong he is good and if he hadn't been hurt those FOUR games he probably would have gotten more carries, but come on give Jackson and Lucky some credit. Don't just be blinded by your friendship with Glenn and assume that in practice he out performs the other guys.

I wish Glenn would leave Nebraska and go to a team that runs the ball out of a running offense and not the WCO. THen I wish that team would play Nebraska so he could show coach Cally a little something.

That would really show them. :bang

Where should he go that "Runs" the ball and not in a WCO? WV? They have Slaton. Arkansas? They have McFadden. Clemson? Davis and Spiller. Boise St? Ian Johnson. A&M? They have Goodson and Lane. OU? They have Patrick. OSU? They have their own RB committee. (the last 3 are the only teams in the Big 12 with more rushing yards then NU) I guess he could go to Navy, Air Force, Louisville, or TCU since they are the only other teams in the nation that average more yards a game then Nebraska.

He knew what he was getting into when he came here. He knew what kind of offense Callahan ran. I'm sure the coaches don't play him even though he is the best back on the team. :wacko: Don't get me wrong he is good and if he hadn't been hurt those FOUR games he probably would have gotten more carries, but come on give Jackson and Lucky some credit. Don't just be blinded by your friendship with Glenn and assume that in practice he out performs the other guys.

THERE IS NO WAY THAT ANYONE IS BETTER THAN TEH CODY!!!11!

I wish Glenn would leave Nebraska and go to a team that runs the ball out of a running offense and not the WCO. THen I wish that team would play Nebraska so he could show coach Cally a little something. I guess the Iowa State game wasnt enough for them to see. 150 or so yards? 2 or 3 tds? player of the game on abc? na, hes not a threat at all!

You bring up one game from Glenn, but we could use one game from any of our backs and makes reasons from that on how they should be the starter.

You see me taking anything away from the other backs? nope, sure didnt. I believe I credited Bjax from the beginning. You were wrong, Cody did not know what he was getting into when he went there. He knew he had competition with Lucky then Callahan brings in a juco transfer. Yes Glenn is hurt right now and I understand thats why he hasnt played the last couple games, but before that he wasnt hurt. I knew the games he was hurt and the ones he didnt play in (not due to injury). You guys never answer my questions that make sense....I asked why we dont see more of Glenn on the short yardage plays hes SUPPOSE to run. No one made a comment about that becuase neither of the backs are more physical than that. About Lucky....what kind of running back said he does NOT want the ball 20-30 times a game??? Thats who I want in my backfield, a running back with NO BALLS! I wish he'd give them 20 or 30 carries to Glenn. Come on, ya'll have to admit thats lame. But about the teams he would go to.....GO HORNED FROGS!!! A great fit for him.

You guys never answer my questions that make sense....I asked why we dont see more of Glenn on the short yardage plays hes SUPPOSE to run. No one made a comment about that becuase neither of the backs are more physical than that.

Glenn was in for MANY short yardage situations you speak of in every game that he was 100%. La Tech, Nicholls St., KU, ISU, KSU, UT, OSU, A&M. I have no idea what kind of answer you expect. I watched every single game and Glenn was not necessarily money in the bank. He was stuffed pretty effectively by KSU, UT, and KU. He also had more TD's than Lucky or Jackson and they had way more carries. Is it fair to give Cody all the goal line situations and let him get the TD when the other back was on the field when they were working the ball down field? You people that are in love with Cody Glenn crack me up. If you remember correctly, Glenn was given his chance in the KSU game. He couldn't get anything going that game after that huge game against ISU. When Cody has been healthy, he has been in on a bulk of the short yardage plays and has been fairly effective.

if i am not mistake, this running back by commitee, the starter is the one that grades better in practice. then the coaches come up with "packages" for each of the players.

i dont know what your complaint about bringing in Wilson is, he has not played that much this year because he has a hard time holding on to the ball and has missed alot of blocks. the coaches have said that if you cannot hold on to the football and you cant block you will not play.

DJR313,

You say is it fair that they let Glenn have the goal line situations...I think when NU is in the red zone, you give it to Glenn or throw it to Purify you'll most likely come out with a TD.

No back CAN run like Glenn inside the 20...example...A&M. Tell me one of our backs could have made that 2nd TD run...they couldnt.

I'm not going to take anything away from Brandon, he works hard and does a good job...but giving him 32 carries in a game...and him getting what? 140 yards? Give any of the others 32 carries...

If Glenn stays at NU i'll be right back here cheering him on, if he doesnt i'll follow that team and still cheer for NU unless they are playing him. Thats what homers do.

I just believe its a waste of him not to be using him...cause he doesnt have the fumble problem like the rest...anyways...I do agree that the 22 yards on 10 carries after the Iowa State game hurt him...but no reason to take carries away completely. Kansas State saw what he did against Iowa State and keyed on him...he told me everytime he was in the game they ran up yelling "he's in, he's in". Thats the coaches fault...he is in, he gets it. They made that problem...

Nobody complained when Larry Phillips was getting the bulk of the carries and Ahman, Benning, and Childs were all on the bench.

gotta overanalyze and disagree with ya here. ;)

That statement really only applies to 1 game that year- the Fiesta Bowl- and not the whole season like it is this year.

No one argued Benning/Green/Childs being on the bench for the first 2 games in '95 b/c LP was the easily the clear #1 RB (2006 = no clear cut).

After his reinstatement, the only game where he won a start over the other guys was vs Florida (prior to that he was getting his carries, but in mop up duty).

and, oh yes, people did plenty of complaining about that- it was just for a different reason.

anyway, to your point, none of the complaints centered on who physically earned that start: LP or Green. I think b/c many still saw LP as the #1 guy and Green was simply holding down the fort in his absense.

still, 1995 does provide a 2006 like example, but only after LP's suspension. With LP out of the picture, it became an RB committee with Benning/Childs/Green and arguably even Sims. at first each got a share of the load before, if I remember right, Benning and Childs had injury issues and that was a factor when Green (like BJax) took over and earned the starts and carries.

And you're right, no one really complained when the highly touted true frosh Green was getting the PT over low profile guys like Benning/Childs & Sims. even when they were healthy.

In 2006 its the other way around- Glenn/Lucky are the highly touted guys taking a backseat to the unheralded BJax.

who knows, if the star recruits were getting the carries instead of BJax, maybe there would be less complaining..?

Glenn was in for MANY short yardage situations you speak of in every game that he was 100%. La Tech, Nicholls St., KU, ISU, KSU, UT, OSU, A&M. I have no idea what kind of answer you expect. I watched every single game and Glenn was not necessarily money in the bank. He was stuffed pretty effectively by KSU, UT, and KU. He also had more TD's than Lucky or Jackson and they had way more carries. Is it fair to give Cody all the goal line situations and let him get the TD when the other back was on the field when they were working the ball down field? You people that are in love with Cody Glenn crack me up. If you remember correctly, Glenn was given his chance in the KSU game. He couldn't get anything going that game after that huge game against ISU. When Cody has been healthy, he has been in on a bulk of the short yardage plays and has been fairly effective.

Hey I'm "in love" with Cody Glenn, he's my fav current player! But I also agree with most, maybe all, of what you said here.

DJR313,

You say is it fair that they let Glenn have the goal line situations...I think when NU is in the red zone, you give it to Glenn or throw it to Purify you'll most likely come out with a TD.

No back CAN run like Glenn inside the 20...example...A&M. Tell me one of our backs could have made that 2nd TD run...they couldnt.

I agree with you there, but I was trying to "put the shoe on the other foot" and maybe see things from the other backs point of view. There are several runs that Lucky and B-Jax have had that Glenn couldn't make either, and lots of plays that he hasn't shown the ability to perform as well. Brandon has shown to be a very capable back in short yardage, but Glenn usually dominates. When we get inside the 5, I love seeing #34 trot in. It's like watching Gagne trot in from the bullpen for the Dodgers in the 9th(or used to be). GAME OVER.

I am sure that in the KSU game, they did key on him and that is a problem. Consider that maybe Glenn isn't good enough at pass protection to be in there in any situation. That is also a possibility. B-Jax is very good at picking up the blitz.

It's Cosgroves fault!!! I'm telling you! That's what my cousins sisters boyfriends friend of a friends mother said who heard it from her friends friends who saw Callahan's wife at the local Hinky Dinky. :wacko:

This whole thread is stupid. There's a reason Glenn isn't getting the carries. If he really wants to separate himself, he'll have to do it practice. Not by his "teammates" in some love-fest over Glenn. I like Glenn. He's a bruiser. But if B-jax and Lucky are playing better, move over bacon...now there's something meatier.

It's Cosgroves fault!!! I'm telling you! That's what my cousins sisters boyfriends friend of a friends mother said who heard it from her friends friends who saw Callahan's wife at the local Hinky Dinky. :wacko:

This whole thread is stupid. There's a reason Glenn isn't getting the carries. If he really wants to separate himself, he'll have to do it practice. Not by his "teammates" in some love-fest over Glenn. I like Glenn. He's a bruiser. But if B-jax and Lucky are playing better, move over bacon...now there's something meatier.

there is a novel approach to playing time. earn it in practice, and out play the other players.

I don't think there's any mystery here. Jackson has been here the longest. He's been in the system. He's learned by not playing much last year that in order to play you have to block, know who to block, and know your assignment each and every down. Jackson didn't pick this up last year, and his playing time reflected it. Glenn hasn't figured it out yet, so he isn't playing much.

When you run a balanced attack, you have to do more than just run the ball. We could put any of the 4 in there to do that. In order to keep the other team on their toes, you have to have the back that not only can run the ball and hold on to it; you also have to have that same back in there who will block and do his assignment on passing plays. Putting Glenn in on 3rd and short each and every time is stupid because it's predictable. If Lucky and Glenn want to play more, they better start studying the playbook better and blocking better. Jackson's always been able to run the ball. This year, he's actually showing he can block; run; and catch. You have to be complete to play in this system. None of the other 3 are there yet!