Your First Computer

Okay, I saw this on AU Nation when I was checking out the competition.

But what was your first computer or the first computer you remember using?

For me it was a secondhand Apple IIe. It may be gone, but not forgotten... I've still got the 5 1/4 floppies (real floppies) and an Apple IIgs put away in a closet that I’ll occasionally pull out to putter around with.

As well as my dad's work Toshiba 486 laptop with Windows 3.1 that he'd bring home. I remember playing Wolfenstein and Doom on that thing. I remember when we beat Wolfenstein we acted exactly the same as when the Huskers won the National Championship, and then they did (that was in '94). It also had America Online on it and unaware what the internet was my parents wouldn't sign up for it because you had to give your credit card number. I'll never forget when my little brother tried getting me off that thing by telling my parents I was on 'surfing the net'. Boy did they come running fast!

My parents never bought a computer until I was in middle school, and they bought a Compaq Presario that had changeable faceplates, and I was one of the only kids that had a CD burner. That one is still our family computer, but I've got my own 3 month old ThinkPad.

I dont remember what kind of computer it was, but the first one I ever used was when I was in fifth or sixth grade. It was really old and you had to put this big ol' floppy disk in it in order to type papers. And I remember playing Oregon Trail on it all the time when I'd get done with assignments in class. Oh man, those were the days......

In school we used some sort of Apple II, at home our first computer was some off brand that I can't remember. I remember playing with printshop and printing out really long banners on feed computer paper. also played Oragen Trail and Where in the World is Carmon Sandiego in school.