Breaking down the Offense: It's Sam's Club

taylor is a different kinda of quarterback? drop the ball i put in your numbers? nah, it's okay... it happens. i'm sure you wanted, but it just wasn't meant to be, i guess.

i remember reading about taylor that while he didnt get in the receivers face he let them know about their drops, wouldnt throw to them for a while. there are different ways to make a point.

I hope Sam is a great qb that will help us win the Big 12 title. The only question I have is the offense that we run. I heard that it takes a qb at least a year to grasp the off., since this is his first year actually running it I wonder how he is going to do. Running the scout team and facing div. 1 competition are two totally different things.

I hope Sam is a great qb that will help us win the Big 12 title. The only question I have is the offense that we run. I heard that it takes a qb at least a year to grasp the off., since this is his first year actually running it I wonder how he is going to do. Running the scout team and facing div. 1 competition are two totally different things.

remember then while he was running the scout team, he was going against the Blackshirts and even though the secondary was average at best, they still were Div 1 compitition.

remember then while he was running the scout team, he was going against the Blackshirts and even though the secondary was average at best, they still were Div 1 compitition.

Not too mention he was running a WC style offense at Arizona St. He's no stranger to this style offense; he just needs to make sure he understands the little nuance's of NU's

I'm really excited about Keller's potential at Nebraska as well but let's remember, the reason he is here is because he was demoted to second string at Arizona State.

Best case scenario: he was the best qb at ASU, and that's why the coach orginally named him the starter at the beginning of this season, but his teammates rallied around Rudy Carpenter since he led them through the end of the 2005 season. They just liked Carpenter better and that's why the urged the coch to make the switch.

Worst case scenario: he was a locker room cancer at ASU and his teammates know something that nobody else does which is why they urged their coach to make the switch.

I think that everyone we'll be keeping a close eye on how he relates with his fellow huskers throughout the offseason and first few games.

I'm really excited about Keller's potential at Nebraska as well but let's remember, the reason he is here is because he was demoted to second string at Arizona State.

Best case scenario: he was the best qb at ASU, and that's why the coach orginally named him the starter at the beginning of this season, but his teammates rallied around Rudy Carpenter since he led them through the end of the 2005 season. They just liked Carpenter better and that's why the urged the coch to make the switch.

Worst case scenario: he was a locker room cancer at ASU and his teammates know something that nobody else does which is why they urged their coach to make the switch.

I think that everyone we'll be keeping a close eye on how he relates with his fellow huskers throughout the offseason and first few games.

And look at the situation down there now, can you say...FIRED for a reason? Karma my friend, karma

Let's hope the redshirt WRs and Paul can step in and can get open against the better DBs. Guys like Nunn, Swift, Peterson and Hardy aren't physical enough to get off the line of scrimmage against top DBS. Even Purify, who apparantly hasn't grasp the offense, has had trouble getting open. So let's drink to having a better, more physical group of receivers in 2007. :cheers

He had better learn this crap quik since USC is coming to town

As you may remember he had a good first half against USC while at ASU and a terrible second half. Maybe it was adjustment, maybe they picked up on his tendancies, maybe he just stunk it up the second half but the SC will either be his coming out party or "oops maybe we shouldnt've been talking this guy up quite so much".

Besides we also forget that Zak was super durable and could take a beating that very few QB's can. We don't know if Keller will make it one play, one series, one game or a season.

He had better learn this crap quik since USC is coming to town

As you may remember he had a good first half against USC while at ASU and a terrible second half. Maybe it was adjustment, maybe they picked up on his tendancies, maybe he just stunk it up the second half but the SC will either be his coming out party or "oops maybe we shouldnt've been talking this guy up quite so much".

Besides we also forget that Zak was super durable and could take a beating that very few QB's can. We don't know if Keller will make it one play, one series, one game or a season.

6'4" 230 pounds, I hope he can take a hit. On the other hand I'm 5'9"" 175. I got hit by a guy that's 6'4" 240. Didn't do so hot. :hmmph