Schottenheimer

It is unbelievable that Marty Schottenheimer might be fired after going 14-2 in the regular season. But he doesn't get along with his GM so his days are likely numbered. Mike Ditka was just saying this morning that Schottenheimer is a great guy and if you can't get along with him then there is something wrong with you. I wish the Chiefs had never let him go. It will be interesting to see how this shakes out. There is some speculation that he may ace out his son for the Dolphins job.

I find it hard to believe too. The Chargers have been over achievers two of the last three years. Remember a few years ago I believe they made the playoffs with Brees. He just has dumb/bad luck in the post season. Eventually the stars will align for him. Then again, those stars never aligned with Marv Levy (Bills).

I totally disagree.

I am not a Charger fan, but Schottenhiemer in my opinion has totally mismanaged this team. Hell, in 05 they missed the playoffs outright, which is something that I still can't understand with the weapons that had. This year, they clearly had the most talent yet they are making reservations at Torrey Pines.

1. That challenge that was HIS call against NE was absolute stupidity. There was no way it was getting overturned and it cost him a needed TO. Plus, maybe if he preached a little disicpline then his players would not have committed dumb 15 yd penalies all game or fall down after a game ending INT before they get stripped trying to get on Sportscenter. The only thing that I think saved Marty was that there is no one out there to replave him and Carroll won;t come out (smartly)

I really marvel at some of the opinions on this board. "OMG well it took TO so long, lets gove everyone else 20 years to break through" It is OK to be critical of a coach every now and again.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm a Chiefs fan as well and it will be especially sweet now when the Chiefs beat them for treating Schottenheimer like this. It doesn't appear they already have anyone lined up. The GM for some reason couldn't get along with Schottenheimer and after both the Offensive Coordinator Cameron and Defensive Coordinator Phillips left in a matter of weeks they probably figured they may as well start from scratch since Marty refused the contract extension and was a lame duck coach.