Marlon Lucky's Hospital Stay

Bug Tooth

why the f#*k do USC fans give a sh#t about us? And why do you give a sh#t about what they think/say?

Why all the bitterness borNred? Geez, the hatred seems to run deep with you.

What do you mean, why do SC fans give a crap about us? Are we merely recruiting in Nebraska. For crying out loud son, we had to get our last QB came from Norman! :o I give a crap about what they say because Marlon came from there. It means VOLUMES if there is a miniscule doubt in anyones mind out there. You see, we don't have the continual deluge of players in our state that exist in places like California. We need good report, and nothing but. I'm worried that these "rumors" will take hold out there as I'm hearing, and nothing will be denounced. That is why I'm on here looking for answers. I have to go to work tomorrow, and do not look forward to the next onslaught of SC and BlueU fans telling me their tentacles have closed off our avenue to good left coast recruits because of our universitys lack of "forthcoming" and seemingly suspiscious behavior with a hospital stay concerning a student athlete.

bug you need to start to really question your "reliable" sources. 300 pills? that would OD the whole team. hell 300 m&m's would probably put him in a sugar coma..........

That's cute mel, m&m's and all, but I'm just stating what I heard from someone close to his high school program. They got the news on what happened basically the same day. Remember, his roomate is from out west too. Maybe it was an exageration, maybe it wasn't. The whole point is, he went to the hospital for something serious. Something we'll never know about. But, considering the player in this mystery, it wouldn't take much for a stud athlete(even a dolt drunk for that matter) to down seven or eight bottles of something in a matter of minutes. Think about it. A small pill of something, with a good drink of water behind, with a want to, because of helpless loneliness feelings.... Good Lord, Anna Nicole syndrome is not what we need in Lincoln.

If it's the case, as being told and wished for with good faith at his high school, even though it's obvious it's not coming from the press at Omaha, I believe as well he should have been checked into rehab. I hope the university has considered all options rather than just attempting to win on the gridiron. In the long run, we might lose both. :dunno

I am a lawyer and we are right in the middle of a case with HIPAA issues. I would be surprised if there are exceptions for student athletes - although on first glance I would wager that a university is not a health provider that would be subject to HIPAA confidentiality rules.

I may be wrong, but that's my guess as to why schools release info about a player injured during competition.

Lucky's circumstances, however, are different. He wasn't hurt during competition, and in no wise can the hospital give details of his condition. As for the university, I am sure that it is simply doing the right thing and not commenting on the matter per his request.

I'd have to look into the HIPAA regulations a bit more to get a grasp on it.

I am a lawyer and we are right in the middle of a case with HIPAA issues. I would be surprised if there are exceptions for student athletes - although on first glance I would wager that a university is not a health provider that would be subject to HIPAA confidentiality rules.

I may be wrong, but that's my guess as to why schools release info about a player injured during competition.

Lucky's circumstances, however, are different. He wasn't hurt during competition, and in no wise can the hospital give details of his condition. As for the university, I am sure that it is simply doing the right thing and not commenting on the matter per his request.

I'd have to look into the HIPAA regulations a bit more to get a grasp on it.

Thanks for the opinion, Washusker. The thing I worry about most, is how do we as fans and more importantly DONORS, know that the University is doing the right thing? How can we be assured that they are taking the necessary steps to assure that Marlon is getting the special attention that he needs? Honesty, integrity, along with openess has always got be our first and only move. All this "hush hush" stuff breeds uncertainty and labels of "coverup". It takes a thousand good acts to earn good will whereas it only takes one bad act to lose it. With all the talk concerning this case out on the left coast with high school coaches and future star players concerning this case,(specifically Marlon's Calif. High School / Home away from Texas Home and surrounding areas) I can't see how the University's administration and coaching staff can just sit on this. Sooner or later, they are going to have to level with the people or risk losing channels of future recruits and possible donations. The future kiddo's that look for a place to find a college home and we as supporters need acknowldegment that everything possible is being done to protect him from futher personal problems rather than just seemingly ignoring it. How do we know that Marlon is recieving the special "one on one" care outside of the Univeristy and the team, that he requires? He isn't just a piece of meat.