Marlon Lucky's Hospital Stay

Bug Tooth

Oh Boy, here we go! :ahhhhhhhh

From Channel 6 News/ Omaha

Marlon Lucky Hospitalized

Treated for overdose

Husker running back Marlon Lucky remained hospitalized Monday after being admitted to BryanLGH West Hospital on Sunday evening. Sources say Lucky is being treated for an overdose.

No information on his condition was released by the hospital or the sports information department.

Lucky, from North Hollywood, California, shared playing time with four other I-backs as a sophomore in 2006.

He started six games and was the team's second-leading rusher, with 728 yards and six touchdowns. He also caught 32 passes for 383 yards. He averaged 19.1 yards on eight kickoff returns.

http://www.wowt.com/sports/headlines/5760306.html

glad your not intending on being a lawyer with that spelling. I think it's "distractions"

..and I think it's "you're" ;)

:clap:rollin Thanx fur da spelll czech glen :sarcasm

that's why i'm not becoming a law-yer :lol::corndance

Hahha I do what I can. U jist leaf that law-talkin' ta the edumacateds.

The thing I worry about most, is how do we as fans and more importantly DONORS, know that the University is doing the right thing? How can we be assured that they are taking the necessary steps to assure that Marlon is getting the special attention that he needs? Honesty, integrity, along with openess has always got be our first and only move.

My question to you is, what exactly do you want to know? Marlon already released a statement thanking everyone for giving him privacy. That statement means to me that he does not want everyone in the world (including you) to know what exactly is going on and would just prefer to get back to normal everyday life without all of this nonsense. Plus, Callahan has came out and said that he has been in contact with Marlon and that he is supporting him through all of this. Do you really need the University to come out and say that they have two people watching Lucky at all times, holding his hand, checking everything that he eats or drinks, and takes him to church every day.

I think the way things are be handled now about keeping it private and letting Marlon get back to his everyday life is a way better approach than going public with what happened and have the media blow this whole thing way out of proportion. Lucky has a his whole future to think about and I don't think letting the world know what happened is a good idea for his long term success.

Lucky having a personal problem is going to hurt recruiting? I don't think he is being treated like a piece of meat either. Marlon is not a zoo exhibit we are not entitled, or should we ever expect to be given any information about his stay. I don't think anyone on this board would like it if "inquiring minds" where given medical records or info at the drop of the hat. Do you think it would be better for hm if his dirty laundry was aired out in front of the whole state? Yeah right. The family keeps thanking the public for respecting his privacy, that does not mean people should wait awhile, then pry into his life.

I'm just trying to get a sense of consistency here. First we talk about it, then we don't? I don't understand all the sweeping under the rug business and consider it to be uncharacteristic of Nebraska Football Tradition.

Here's a snipit from another Husker Blog Sight.

Update 4:31 CST - Sean Callahan of Huskers Illustrated is now reporting on 1620 AM that Lucky was hospitalized after being found unconscious due to "an overdose". Details remain sketchy to quite sketchy.

http://doubleextrapoint.blogspot.com/2007/...-emergency.html

There's a lot of rambling and speculation going on here. That's nothing new.

If he wasn't before I'm sure Lucky will be under caring supervision.

This care you speak of, would this be the same kind of caring supervision Scott Baldwin was under? Or, would it be the same kind of caring supervision that lightening Larry Phillips was under?

Is it really the university's job to carefully supervise anyone? If and that's a big if right now Lucky did try to commit suicide, I'm assuming the state would step in and force him into phsychiatric help and evaluation. I'm pretty sure it's still against the law here in Nebraska to commit or attempt suicide. I've never understood this law as how do you punish someone who committed suicide? However, it's still the law. If he did attempt, he'll more than likely be put on probation and forced into some kind of self help program.

In terms of the 300 pills, I'm in the camp that believes it's possible. If they were small pills and he "chugged" the bottle, it's very possible. It's kind of the same mentality as to how someone can drink a 6 pack of beer in like 5 minutes. If you're drinking from the can, it's pretty hard. If you're drinking from a beer bong, very possible.

I have no idea what really happened. However, I will agree that it is kind of mysterious that someone wouldn't have released a statement as to why he was hospitalized.

I think the way things are be handled now about keeping it private and letting Marlon get back to his everyday life is a way better approach than going public with what happened and have the media blow this whole thing way out of proportion.

i've been pretty quiet on this subject, but i want to comment about how so many people think it's better for this to be kept quiet than going public with it...

:rant

How the hell do you know that's it the best way to handle the situation? Nobody even knows what exactly the situation is. The only real question is wether or not you trust the people that are privy to the information to handle it correctly. Don't confuse a "yes" to that question to being a "yes" to another.

The things that we do know are that Lucky suddenly ended up in the hospital in critical condition when there were no known health issues that should've put him there. Most common rumors that it was an OD. No matter how it happened, it's unnverving, but since that rumor was so consistent i think it's worth exploring. There's lots of reasons kids end up in the hospital with an OD, and it's not uncommon for some of the reasons to be a really big warning sign and cry for attention. Everyone being so tight lipped about it gives me the impression that they are basically trying to pretend it never happened, which is definitely not the way you want to handle somebody crying out for help. I realize this is Lucky's situation and i respect his choice to keep it private. Hopefully it will all work out, because worst case scenario is that we've got a ticking time bomb waiting to go off.

Also, i doubt they will be able to keep this a secret forever. Sooner or later someone's going to find out and word will spread. Personally, i think it's better to deal with the situation head on and get it over with. But Lucky probably knows how to handle this better than I, so if he's not ready now that's fine. But make no mistake, sooner or later he'll have to answer some tough questions about this. I hope he's ready when the time comes, otherwise a big mess is just being delayed.

Once again, i respect Lucky's choice to privacy. However, i'm more than a little nervous that we havn't heard the end of this. I do have a lot of faith in the people involved to do the right thing, but that doesn't mean that i know for a fact that everything is being handled properly.

I think the way things are be handled now about keeping it private and letting Marlon get back to his everyday life is a way better approach than going public with what happened and have the media blow this whole thing way out of proportion.

i've been pretty quiet on this subject, but i want to comment about how so many people think it's better for this to be kept quiet than going public with it...

How the hell do you know that's it the best way to handle the situation? Nobody even knows what exactly the situation is. The only real question is wether or not you trust the people that are privy to the information to handle it correctly. Don't confuse a "yes" to that question to being a "yes" to another.

The things that we do know are that Lucky suddenly ended up in the hospital in critical condition when there were no known health issues that should've put him there. Most common rumors that it was an OD. No matter how it happened, it's unnverving, but since that rumor was so consistent i think it's worth exploring. There's lots of reasons kids end up in the hospital with an OD, and it's not uncommon for some of the reasons to be a really big warning sign and cry for attention. Everyone being so tight lipped about it gives me the impression that they are basically trying to pretend it never happened, which is definitely not the way you want to handle somebody crying out for help. I realize this is Lucky's situation and i respect his choice to keep it private. Hopefully it will all work out, because worst case scenario is that we've got a ticking time bomb waiting to go off.

Also, i doubt they will be able to keep this a secret forever. Sooner or later someone's going to find out and word will spread. Personally, i think it's better to deal with the situation head on and get it over with. But Lucky probably knows how to handle this better than I, so if he's not ready now that's fine. But make no mistake, sooner or later he'll have to answer some tough questions about this. I hope he's ready when the time comes, otherwise a big mess is just being delayed.

Once again, i respect Lucky's choice to privacy. However, i'm more than a little nervous that we havn't heard the end of this. I do have a lot of faith in the people involved to do the right thing, but that doesn't mean that i know for a fact that everything is being handled properly.

"On the next 'Beyond the Glory'"

Sense when does being a fan entitle you as the fan to know the details of a players personal life????

Ask yourself this, if Marlon was just a student at NU would you be so deeply concerned as you are now about this kids personal well-being????????

Also you stated more than once how you want to honor his privacy then why don't you and bug dope leave well enough alone....................

Sense when does being a fan entitle you as the fan to know the details of a players personal life????

Ask yourself this, if Marlon was just a student at NU would you be so deeply concerned as you are now about this kids personal well-being????????

Also you stated more than once how you want to honor his privacy then why don't you and bug dope leave well enough alone....................

I always wondered why those screaming about "finding out what happened with Marlon" don't simply post their medical records to prove their point regarding how they have the right to know the story. The kid probably had a nervous breakdown from listending to whiners on blog sites.