Marlon Lucky's Hospital Stay

Bug Tooth

Wow. sorry about post #57, my gammar sucked. I agree with MadCat about the rose colored glasses. We should however give this more time, and for the love of god......respect the kids privacy. Last off, I smell at least two hidden agenda's contained in this thread. :asshat This situation needs to be more out in the open, OMFG!!!! Ohhhhnoooo's!!! It's been less then a month, at least give Lucky time to get his sh*t together!!!!!!

So think his sh#t is apart? Even saying that his sh#t needs to get put back together shows that they ought to have been more active in the PR department to imply that his sh#t is just fine. Waiting for all of his sh#ts to return to one cohesive sh#t means that something was more deeply wrong than we were led to believe. This is why public figures should be in the public... not because I need to know or becuase it will affect anything in my life, but because it could give the program a black eye to do these things that look like a coverup.

I am a lawyer and we are right in the middle of a case with HIPAA issues. I would be surprised if there are exceptions for student athletes - although on first glance I would wager that a university is not a health provider that would be subject to HIPAA confidentiality rules.

I may be wrong, but that's my guess as to why schools release info about a player injured during competition.

Lucky's circumstances, however, are different. He wasn't hurt during competition, and in no wise can the hospital give details of his condition. As for the university, I am sure that it is simply doing the right thing and not commenting on the matter per his request.

I'd have to look into the HIPAA regulations a bit more to get a grasp on it.

Thanks for the opinion, Washusker. The thing I worry about most, is how do we as fans and more importantly DONORS, know that the University is doing the right thing? How can we be assured that they are taking the necessary steps to assure that Marlon is getting the special attention that he needs? Honesty, integrity, along with openess has always got be our first and only move. All this "hush hush" stuff breeds uncertainty and labels of "coverup". It takes a thousand good acts to earn good will whereas it only takes one bad act to lose it. With all the talk concerning this case out on the left coast with high school coaches and future star players concerning this case,(specifically Marlon's Calif. High School / Home away from Texas Home and surrounding areas) I can't see how the University's administration and coaching staff can just sit on this. Sooner or later, they are going to have to level with the people or risk losing channels of future recruits and possible donations. The future kiddo's that look for a place to find a college home and we as supporters need acknowldegment that everything possible is being done to protect him from futher personal problems rather than just seemingly ignoring it. How do we know that Marlon is recieving the special "one on one" care outside of the Univeristy and the team, that he requires? He isn't just a piece of meat.

damn bug tooth, how much bigger do you want to blow this thing up?? sh#t man, leave it alone. worry about it personally, but don't try to incite an audience to interject personal doubt into our athletic program or its' support system or the integrity of the football program. give it a rest dude!

They should fire someone in the PR department, too. This is horrible damage control at best and leads to this sort of speculation. They should have made a formal announcement immediately to keep the sort of speculation that we're seeing from growing legs.

a poster on another board suggested that. at the time i disagreed, but after reading here...

"we don't know anything about it, but everything is perfectly fine"

I don't know what happened, I am curious, but at this point all explanations are about equally plausible.

i can completely agree with that. and to keep my curiosity to myself

Even if the PR department came out and said something to the media, that does not end all of the speculation and the rumors. Look what happened to Owens. His PR rep came out and said what happened but everyone still told stupid rumors. Marlon wanted this to be private and I applaud the University for following his wishes and not making this public.

Whatever happened is a serious deal for Lucky, I don't know how coming out and stating everything in the media is going to help him get over whatever happened. He is prefectly capable of getting the help he needs without making everything public knowledge. Obviously this is something serious that HE needs to deal with but it does not need to be public knowledge.

Wow. sorry about post #57, my gammar sucked. I agree with MadCat about the rose colored glasses. We should however give this more time, and for the love of god......respect the kids privacy. Last off, I smell at least two hidden agenda's contained in this thread. :asshat This situation needs to be more out in the open, OMFG!!!! Ohhhhnoooo's!!! It's been less then a month, at least give Lucky time to get his sh*t together!!!!!!

So think his sh#t is apart? Even saying that his sh#t needs to get put back together shows that they ought to have been more active in the PR department to imply that his sh#t is just fine. Waiting for all of his sh#ts to return to one cohesive sh#t means that something was more deeply wrong than we were led to believe. This is why public figures should be in the public... not because I need to know or becuase it will affect anything in my life, but because it could give the program a black eye to do these things that look like a coverup.

Yeah, kinda showed my cards on that one. I myself am guilty of assuming. Which in short is Assume. Assume translates to Ass outta U and Me. I think we are on to something here as of late. BAD PR!!!!!!!!

BAD PR!!!!!!! Don't leave us dangling here in our own heads!!!!!! DAMAGE CONTROL FAILING....... :corndance MUST GET ANSWER!!!!!!

i don't think even the boosters will get the real story. why should they, just because they donate big bucks? money buys that kind of personal information??

Welcome to America.

And on three, lets all take a big breath and ignore Buggy Tooth until he returns to his home under the bridge

So we're just to sit back and trust Callahan without question? The guy that has rocked the boat ever since he got here, who simply walked into Ostergards office and said "You're fired" without reason or cause?

My stomach's queezy after reading this article about the Head Trainer getting the abrupt "heave ho". I'm worried he's mishandling the Lucky incident as well. :hmmph

What in the hell do you know?

NOTHING!!!!!!!!

"Mishandling the Lucky incident as well."

You know........

NOTHING!!!!!!!

Any excuse to bitch and moan and point fingers and off you go.

GOOD JOB, NOW SHUT YOUR HOLE.

:wtf

Even if the PR department came out and said something to the media, that does not end all of the speculation and the rumors. Look what happened to Owens. His PR rep came out and said what happened but everyone still told stupid rumors. Marlon wanted this to be private and I applaud the University for following his wishes and not making this public.

Whatever happened is a serious deal for Lucky, I don't know how coming out and stating everything in the media is going to help him get over whatever happened. He is prefectly capable of getting the help he needs without making everything public knowledge. Obviously this is something serious that HE needs to deal with but it does not need to be public knowledge.

To be fair, owens is blasted because he is a jackass, and becase his publicist made absolutely stupid comments (and was subsequently let go, wasn't she?). "He has twenty five million reasons to stay alive" or something like that...

Really, no matter how much everyday fans want to know you don't have an implicit right to know.

Boosters probably have access to better information, but hey, I don't have that kind of cash.

I don't think that anyone said that they have a right-- to speak for myself, I don't think that I have one. But just think how much easier it would be to end the discussion and lock the thread if you had the department's talking points. Don't you think that there is something to be said for that? For having an accessable official explanation?

This discussion is interesting to say the least. It, in itself, is a microcosm of the nationwide sentiments that NU fans and boosters understand to be, the state of its beloved football program. After reviewing all of this lengthy thread, it seems we are almost perfectly divided down the middle 50-50 on this topic(s). Half want to get away from the secrecy methods and many want to be remain totally in the dark hoping everything will eventually turn out alright.

I don't know if that is a good thing or a bad. I guess only time will tell. Maybe I'm wrong in believing that BC is doing everything differently than Devaney and Osborne did. I guess that's the age factor coming out in me. Things are going to be different and I can't change that. But to what degree? At least people can speak up when they think things are troublesome.

What if this was the QB from K-State. Remember ole Josh Freeman, the one that bailed? What if he did this to himself and mildcat U was all hush hush, overly secretive, and almost hypocritical about it all. Would the NU fan base be all quiet about it, would K-State's? .... or would there be questions, LOTS of questions? For the most part, I believe the discussion would involve lots of thoughts, doubts, and one liners. It would live on throughout this place as well as all the other NU sights out there in the blogosphere. (Not to mention Callahan's office)

As I said before, I only showed up here to find out some information and get a feel for what others think. As that goes, I did. The time spent in front of this screen had me searching for news from different sources and sentiments about the subjects throughout the country. By doing so, I was successful in coming to my own conclusion. And it isn't good. Maybe I'm wrong. Maybe I'm not.

The internet is the only place to get factual information FREAKIN' NOT

Where else do you go? I posted the sources. They range in a wide variety of means. Yes, the internet was part of it. Please reference what you believe to be non-factual.

(We'll leave out the part of what I heard. Even though I've found it to be true.)

Thank you