new coach

I wish they would have hired John Wristen instead. IMO he has already proved himself as a good TE's coach and recruiter while at CU a few years ago. It just seems like an odd choice to choose Rudolph who hasn't played or coached TE's in the past...from what I have heard at least.

Callahan never played offensive line and Jay Norvell was a Defensive Back in college. I don't think having played a position dictates whether or not you can coach it, IMO.

I wish they would have hired John Wristen instead. IMO he has already proved himself as a good TE's coach and recruiter while at CU a few years ago. It just seems like an odd choice to choose Rudolph who hasn't played or coached TE's in the past...from what I have heard at least.

Callahan never played offensive line and Jay Norvell was a Defensive Back in college. I don't think having played a position dictates whether or not you can coach it, IMO.

Sure, but it would be nice if they hired someone who has actually coached a football position, not a strength coach.

Sure, but it would be nice if they hired someone who has actually coached a football position, not a strength coach.

While he was a grad assistant, he worked with the offensive line, he has also helped out there with OSU and he helped with special teams. This is the guy's first big shot at an assistant job, it's a calculated risk, yes, but Callahan must see something in the guy since he recruited him to Wisconsin, coached him there, then convinced the Eagles to sign him so that he could coach him there while he was a player. I'm willing to give the benefit of the doubt on this one.

While he was a grad assistant, he worked with the offensive line, he has also helped out there with OSU and he helped with special teams. This is the guy's first big shot at an assistant job, it's a calculated risk, yes, but Callahan must see something in the guy since he recruited him to Wisconsin, coached him there, then convinced the Eagles to sign him so that he could coach him there while he was a player. I'm willing to give the benefit of the doubt on this one.

We should all give the benefit of the doubt. You gotta catch a break somewhere in the working world, im sure we ALL did.

It kind of amazes me that BC's coaches are being picked up all over the place, and not a one from the previous staff go anywhere but down.

How some feel qualified to judge coaches and our head coaches selections is so far beyond me. I really wish some of you had the opportunity/curse to walk in BC's shoes. We have our love of Nebraska and the program. He has the responsiblity of making the program be what we want, but he also has to keep his job and his assistants. Those tend to be higher priorities than ours.

It kind of amazes me that BC's coaches are being picked up all over the place, and not a one from the previous staff go anywhere but down.

That's funny, Gill is now a D1 ead coach, Sanders was just let go as a D1 Defensive coordinator, Cotton was just let go as an D1 Offensive coordinator, Bohl is an up and coming 1AA head coach, Pelini is certainly doing well for himself, just to name a few, Brown chose ministry over football, Williams has a similiar job.

Please don't make untrue blanket statements like this.

Let go would be the key word here. None have risen above where they were here. True statement.

Pelini is doing the same job he did at Nebraska, unless you feel LSU is a better job. Currently I guess I would have to agree with that. But it will not be long before he screws the pooch there. He will not be a head coach at a major division one school for a very long time if ever.

Bohl, please don't make me laugh my self to death on that.

Let go would be the key word here. None have risen above where they were here. True statement.

Pelini is doing the same job he did at Nebraska, unless you feel LSU is a better job. Currently I guess I would have to agree with that. But it will not be long before he screws the pooch there. He will not be a head coach at a major division one school for a very long time if ever.

Bohl, please don't make me laugh my self to death on that.

:yeah