What's up with Patrick

What did he do? LJS is speculating that he was kicked off of the team and Mike Huff will miss spring practice because of a surgery

Patrick's future with NU uncertain

BY STEVEN M. SIPPLE / Lincoln Journal Star

Wednesday, Feb 28, 2007 - 06:30:11 pm CST

Chris Patrick (54) leads Brandon Jackson (32) through the Kansas defense on Sept. 30, 2006. (LJS file)

One first-string Nebraska offensive lineman will miss spring practice, and another Husker o-lineman’s status with the team was uncertain Wednesday.

Mike Huff, a junior guard from Ralston, underwent surgery Wednesday to repair an Achilles’ tendon injury suffered this week during winter conditioning, Nebraska coach Bill Callahan confirmed.

The 6-foot-4, 305-pound Huff started 13 of 14 games last season at right guard. His status for the coming season will be evaluated following surgery.

Meanwhile, Nebraska senior tackle Chris Patrick declined comment on speculation that he was kicked off the team.

“I’ll let the university comment,” Patrick said. “I’m not going to say anything right now.“

Callahan declined comment about Patrick, a 6-4, 290-pound native of Ithaca, Mich., who started 12 games last season at left tackle.

Huff and Patrick were in the starting lineup for Nebraska’s season-ending loss to Auburn in the Jan. 1 Cotton Bowl.

we may, we may not. the current trend is not to publish anything. "no comment" is getting to be the standard answer here regarding any and all things connected with this team and the adminstration. i guess we should be getting used to it by now?

Yes you should, considering it wasn't really different under any other coach. Really, did TO come out and say "Well, me and Lawrence had a talk and we said this and this and this". Or when Curt Dukes left did Solich some out and say "Well, Curt was just a toolbag who didn't like it here." No they didn't. Why? Because they shouldn't and they didn't.

Would anyone here like their affairs at work or at home published in the paper? We like to talk about how the football team is a big family....

As far as what's up with Patrick. Who knows. We'll find out soon enough whether he's part of the team anymore.

BC's response will probably be, "for violation of team rules"

and it will be up to patrick to inform us if he wants.

exactly. He was obviously doing something he shouldn't be, or not doing something that he is supposed to do.

we may, we may not. the current trend is not to publish anything. "no comment" is getting to be the standard answer here regarding any and all things connected with this team and the adminstration. i guess we should be getting used to it by now?

:nutz :asshat

Why am I shocked this came from you

If Huff's injury is a complete achellies tear he could miss most of the season. Isn't an ache whatever I'm sick of spelling that word a 9-12 month injury.

As far as patrick goes at least give us a yea or ney or say that his status is under review. And if he is kicked off, I'm sure it is for "violation of team rules"

Well it suxs that we may be without two key lineman for spring ball, however, this will allow some of the other, younger players get some much needed depth and help build competition along the OL.
No doubt. I think these guys played pretty well last year. It would definitely hurt.