Weight: 210

40 time: 4.49

Visit Date:

Scholarships offered: Nebraska, Oklahoma, Florida, LSU, Texas A&M, Alabama

Favorites: Committed to Oklahoma

Rankings/Stars:

Rivals:

Bid Red Report:

Assessing the talent: A Step Ahead: Jim Stefani's Underclassmen Football Recruiting Blog

Considered by many to be the top RB in Texas and among the elite beakc in the nation…………Earned First Team Class 3A All-State honors as a sophomore Honorable Mention as a junior………..A two-way starter at RB and safety, Calhoun had already rushed for almost 1,500 yards through late October of his junior season, averaging over 8 yards per carry and scoring 20 TDs……..As a sophomore, he rushed for 1,653 yards and 23 TDs in 10 games and tallied more than 50 tackles……As a freshman, he rushed for 980 yards, had 134 yards in receptions and registered 64 tackles from his safety position…….Has nice size, and is capable of running between the tackles and outside due to his nice combination of power, speed, quickness, cutting ability and vision…..Catches the ball well out of the backfield….Solid leadership qualities and a hard worker……Good student……Already playing varsity basketball as a freshman for a state championship team….250+ bench, 460+ squat……As of late 2006 Kansas State and Mississippi had offered.

Odds of becoming a Cornhusker:

from everything I'm hearing about Jermie, he's very close to pulling the trigger to OU. That would give OU 3 of the top 5 recruits from the state of Texas in Good, Washigton, and Calhoun.

I just wanna know one thing. how does OU do it?

Actually since they also already have Justin Johnson that would be 4 of the top 5 recruits from Texas.

from everything I'm hearing about Jermie, he's very close to pulling the trigger to OU. That would give OU 3 of the top 5 recruits from the state of Texas in Good, Washigton, and Calhoun.

I just wanna know one thing. how does OU do it?

Isn't it obvious, they pay them. U know the special treatment deal.

Sooners gain elite 2008 RB

Jermie Calhoun gave Oklahoma a verbal commitment this weekend and told KTBB radio, "I'm so happy to be a Sooner, and I'm glad this process is over where I can focus on my spring semester, and getting my goals accomplished at Van High School."

Several of the nation's top schools were also after Calhoun, including LSU, Alabama, Florida, and Nebraska.