LB Brendan Beal

Player: Brendan Beal

Hometown: Succasunna, NJ

Position: LB

Height: 6’3.5”

Weight: 238

40 time: 4.65

Visit Date:

Scholarships offered: Boston College, Nebraska, Notre Dame, Ohio State, Rutgers, Virginia, Wake Forest

Favorites: Ohio St.

Rankings/Stars:

Rivals:

Bid Red Report:

Assessing the talent: Legit size, strength (bench over 300 and squat over 400) and speed could go anywhere he wants. Beal had a tremendous junior season. He racked up 150 tackles, 11 sacks, six forced fumbles and an interception.

Odds of becoming a Cornhusker:

Garden State LB Beal on the verge of big offers

By Jamie Oakes, CavsCorner.com Recruiting Analyst – Rivals.com

Roxbury (N.J.) inside linebacker Brendan Beal (6-foot-4, 235 pounds, 4.65 seconds) is one of the top recruits in the Garden State for 2008. Beal, who currently has one scholarship offer, is hearing from some of the nation's elite programs and offers are on the way. The Cavaliers are one of the many teams that are actively recruiting the New Jersey standout. Where does Virginia stand for Beal?

"Virginia is a team that is showing a high level of interest in me. I am excited about that because of the coaching staff and the academic reputation of UVa," said Beal.

Virginia assistant Bob Diaco is Beal's lead recruiter.

"Coach Diaco and I text back and forth and he came to my school to get video. He said that staff loved the tape and that they are waiting for Al Groh to extend me the offer. Coach Diaco is confident that he will."

Beal has yet to visit UVa but that will change this month.

"I coming down on February 24 for their Junior Day. I am excited about getting down there because I have heard how beautiful the campus is. I am hoping that I return home with an offer from UVa."

Beal currently holds one offer, Temple, but he is hearing that more are on the way.

"Notre Dame and Stanford have both said that they are going to offer soon. I am also hearing from Florida, Boston College, Southern Cal, Northwestern and Yale, in addition to the schools that I have already talked about."

Does Beal have any favorites?

"It is tough to say right now but I think Virginia, Florida, Notre Dame and Southern Cal would be my top schools if I had to say."

Beal had a tremendous junior season. He racked up 150 tackles, 11 sacks, six forced fumbles and an interception.

Also a standout in the classroom, Beal maintains a 4.3 GPA.

• 2 months later...