2007 Depth Chart

"Billy C" was Joe Dailey's "term of endearment" for Coach Callahan. I thought it was hilarious. I named my puppy dog Billy C as a result of it.

Yeah, I remember. I was just saying wow to you proclaiming facts and being "Coach Billy C". We'll see how it shakes out.

This is with full respect to Grix, but I just don't see A Murillo letting JD Booty and D Jarrett convert on 3rd and 18 on him. Don't get me wrong, Grixby shouldn't even have had to cover Jarrett in the first place, which is why I believe he makes a great nickel. Murillo will be a blackshirt next year.

I hope you don't think I am an anti-Grixby type of person here. i am not. I think teams need more guys like Grixby. I think he is te defensive captain this upcoming season without question. he exudes leadership and has dealt with almost everything. I am just saying that I think he'll be our nickelback and not one of te two starters. However, where I do see him being listed at #1 on the depth chart is at PR. He's a shifty little snot, making him tough on punt returns.

Grix doesn't suck as much as he is constantly put in horrendous match ups. Height really isn't the issue, it's being over matched.

excuse me?? height is NOT the issue? quite the contrary, it is the main issue here. With few exceptions, he is seldom ever able, even if he is in position, to jump high enough to take the ball away from a receiver.

Height and physcial stature hurt him tremendously, he is physcially out manned most of the time and we all know about the technique he employs, never looks for the ball and looks like he is trying to flag down a NY taxi for a ride instead of going up to break up a pass. Lack of height IS part of being over matched. Physically unable to play with most receivers or is it now just plain a lack of talent??

I don't have the link, but Coz said recently the addition of Bowman to the secondary will allow him to man up on that side and roll a safety over for double coverage on the other (allowing Grixby to play underneath as he did in 2005). Whether Grix will retaining the starting job is up for debate, but he'll get some help with the mismatch problems.

Grix doesn't suck as much as he is constantly put in horrendous match ups. Height really isn't the issue, it's being over matched.

excuse me?? height is NOT the issue? quite the contrary, it is the main issue here. With few exceptions, he is seldom ever able, even if he is in position, to jump high enough to take the ball away from a receiver.

Height and physcial stature hurt him tremendously, he is physcially out manned most of the time and we all know about the technique he employs, never looks for the ball and looks like he is trying to flag down a NY taxi for a ride instead of going up to break up a pass. Lack of height IS part of being over matched. Physically unable to play with most receivers or is it now just plain a lack of talent??

You missed my point. Height is not the primary issue here. Sure, it'd be great if he was a few inches taller. I'm not really disputing that.

Being terribly out matched is the greater issue IMO. Not every reciever on every team is Dwayne Jarret. The reason he WAS on guys like Jarrett was that he was the only corner that could feasibly play with the lack of Bowman.

i know someone may be able to correct me here, but i cannot remember any game in which he was competitive, no matter who he tried to cover or man up with. average guys made him look bad and they did it mainly by out jumping him for the ball, period. his lack of size just kills him. there has got to be ballet dancers bigger than Grix!

i know someone may be able to correct me here, but i cannot remember any game in which he was competitive, no matter who he tried to cover or man up with. average guys made him look bad and they did it mainly by out jumping him for the ball, period. his lack of size just kills him. there has got to be ballet dancers bigger than Grix!

He had a pretty good game against Auburn if I recall. He also did a decent job on Sweed too. All of his catches were really short passes and the bulk of his yards came on 1 pass. I think Grixby played well in run support against A&M(they didn't do much passing).

He had a pretty good game against Auburn if I recall. He also did a decent job on Sweed too. All of his catches were really short passes and the bulk of his yards came on 1 pass. I think Grixby played well in run support against A&M(they didn't do much passing).

He locked down the recievers of Nicholas State.