Anyone going to the Spring Game?

Just wanted to know if any of you will be getting a sneak peak at the Huskers on April 14th at the Spring Game. We have gone every year that Callahan has been the coach and it is always a good time. Of course, I always think that being in Memorial Stadium is a good time. It will be good to see some of the new faces in action!!!

I just don't see how having 1's vs 1's in the Spring Game would do any good. The 1's go against the 1's during spring practice all the time, so having one more scrimmage with them going against each other wouldn't make that big of a difference. What it would do is set up lots of bitching by the fan base. Say Keller/Ganz/whoever really lights it up against our #1 defense. Then all anyone will talk about is how bad the defense is. Conversely if a QB struggles, all anyone will talk about is how they aren't ready and how the offense is going to struggle. Neither of these assesment would be fair from only watching one scrimmage, but you can bet your bottom dollar that lots of people would make those assumptions.

Having the 1's vs. 2's, etc may not make for the most excitment for the fans, but you can bet that those second string guys are going to play their asses off to show that they can perform. The past few years we haven't had the depth for the 2nd string to really give much of a challenge. but at most positions that is starting to change.

Everyone needs to remember that while it is a fun event and gives us a much needed "football fix" it is still a practice. Having one extra practice with 1's vs 1's isn't going to make a big difference in the grand scheme of things. What it does do is set up alot of unnecessary worrying and doubting that would come with good/bad performances on either side.

I just don't see how having 1's vs 1's in the Spring Game would do any good. The 1's go against the 1's during spring practice all the time, so having one more scrimmage with them going against each other wouldn't make that big of a difference. What it would do is set up lots of bitching by the fan base. Say Keller/Ganz/whoever really lights it up against our #1 defense. Then all anyone will talk about is how bad the defense is. Conversely if a QB struggles, all anyone will talk about is how they aren't ready and how the offense is going to struggle. Neither of these assesment would be fair from only watching one scrimmage, but you can bet your bottom dollar that lots of people would make those assumptions.

Having the 1's vs. 2's, etc may not make for the most excitment for the fans, but you can bet that those second string guys are going to play their asses off to show that they can perform. The past few years we haven't had the depth for the 2nd string to really give much of a challenge. but at most positions that is starting to change.

Everyone needs to remember that while it is a fun event and gives us a much needed "football fix" it is still a practice. Having one extra practice with 1's vs 1's isn't going to make a big difference in the grand scheme of things. What it does do is set up alot of unnecessary worrying and doubting that would come with good/bad performances on either side.

Excellent point.

its the support of the team, who cares if it is practice, you can still tailgate and have a great time,

I plan on going to see my huskers play all I can

its the support of the team, who cares if it is practice, you can still tailgate and have a great time,

I plan on going to see my huskers play all I can

I agree completely, I don't know where you thought I implied that people shouldn't go. All I was saying is that in the past a lot of people have gotten all bent out of shape about not having the #1 O against the #1 D. I was just pointing out that this is a practice and having the top units go against each other would do nothing except make for perhaps a more competitive practice but would have the potential to stir up alot of undue concern.

I will be there like I have for the past four spring games. I love the atmosphere and getting to see the Huskers in any capacity.

Excellent point.

Dr Tom never went 1 vs 1's but when he did then look what happen.

During practice time go 1 vs 2 but the spring game go 1 vs 1

just my thought.