fire callahan

Forget Huston Nutt. Callahan is the man and should be for the next twenty years. I am sick of coaching changes when all the guys need we have now is a chance. Recruting is the name of the game in college football and the last few years show how quickly a program can change with medicore recruiting. You have to have the players to compete and we hust did not have them. Two or three recrutuing classes like this and we will be back on top. Hang in there true husker fans.

1. Callahan is the man and should be for the next twenty years.

2. Hang in there true husker fans.

1. Then prepare yourself for the worst 20 years of NU football since Bill Jennings.

2. I have tried to hang it there but harvey, pud, cal, and co. have made it almost impossible.

Forget Huston Nutt. Callahan is the man and should be for the next twenty years. I am sick of coaching changes when all the guys need we have now is a chance. Recruting is the name of the game in college football and the last few years show how quickly a program can change with medicore recruiting. You have to have the players to compete and we hust did not have them. Two or three recrutuing classes like this and we will be back on top. Hang in there true husker fans.

:thumbs Agreed ! Enough with the changes..... You can't build continuity with changes... EVERYONE in D-1 football agreed that the reason behind the success of the 90's team was the fact that there was continiuty omong the staff like NO OTHER PLACE IN THE COUNTRY.

Let this staff at least have a chance to succeed.... :horns2

I don't agree with everything that is going on, but until these guys are given a chance to fully implement their systsem with their players, I don't think we can acurately "judge" this staff.

I agree with most of your posts....In fact, I see you as "myself" 20 years ago...Keep on believing my man... We need fans like you to keep the tradition going :horns2

BUT I consider myself as the biggest and the most loyal fan alive (as most of us on the board do), but I am not 100% sold on BC....

Just because I am not 100% sold, doesn't represent my allegence to the program..

I agree that a coaching was needed !!! I absolutely love the excitement around recruiting :cheers

A team is only as good as the players....But, BC still has to prove to ME that he is capable of putting together an intelligent game plan to win the big time games...hell, he needs to prove he can put together a game plan to win the small time games (ISU) :flush

I am a football coach, and sometimes, you have to abandoned game plans during the game in order to win....every-game plan looks good on paper...

He has not shown me that he can accurately scout an opponent and prepare

If he adjusts better, we beat SMU....if he plans better, we beat ISU (not 7 rushes in 1st half), and if he plays to compete with OU, maybe we show a little better.... OU's DBs were their weakness, but he refused to try to expose it...I know I know...Daily sucks too, so that could have been bad....If he adjusts better, we don't get embarassed at TTU

So, I am a loyal as they come, but can anyone see where I am coming from

:thumbs Agreed ! Enough with the changes..... You can't build continuity with changes... EVERYONE in D-1 football agreed that the reason behind the success of the 90's team was the fact that there was continiuty omong the staff like NO OTHER PLACE IN THE COUNTRY.

Let this staff at least have a chance to succeed.... :horns2

I don't agree with everything that is going on, but until these guys are given a chance to fully implement their systsem with their players, I don't think we can acurately "judge" this staff.

I agree with most of your posts....In fact, I see you as "myself" 20 years ago...Keep on believing my man... We need fans like you to keep the tradition going :horns2

BUT I consider myself as the biggest and the most loyal fan alive (as most of us on the board do), but I am not 100% sold on BC....

Just because I am not 100% sold, doesn't represent my allegence to the program..

I agree that a coaching was needed !!! I absolutely love the excitement around recruiting :cheers

A team is only as good as the players....But, BC still has to prove to ME that he is capable of putting together an intelligent game plan to win the big time games...hell, he needs to prove he can put together a game plan to win the small time games (ISU) :flush

I am a football coach, and sometimes, you have to abandoned game plans during the game in order to win....every-game plan looks good on paper...

He has not shown me that he can accurately scout an opponent and prepare

If he adjusts better, we beat SMU....if he plans better, we beat ISU (not 7 rushes in 1st half), and if he plays to compete with OU, maybe we show a little better.... OU's DBs were their weakness, but he refused to try to expose it...I know I know...Daily sucks too, so that could have been bad....If he adjusts better, we don't get embarassed at TTU

So, I am a loyal as they come, but can anyone see where I am coming from

Well said HANC. Im withya brotha. :horns2

I don't know if mcbride ever got pissed at a coach but I know his mouth wasn't nothing to great. He threw fbombs around like it was job.

McBride at least had the class to not run after a coach and cuss him out after the whole country saw him get his ass handed to him. Did Pelini try and choke out Pete Carroll after the Orange Bowl for hurting his head coaching chances by showing that USC was a far better team? It's never Pelini's fault, always something. Right?

I don't know if mcbride ever got pissed at a coach but I know his mouth wasn't nothing to great. He threw fbombs around like it was job.

McBride at least had the class to not run after a coach and cuss him out after the whole country saw him get his ass handed to him. Did Pelini try and choke out Pete Carroll after the Orange Bowl for hurting his head coaching chances by showing that USC was a far better team? It's never Pelini's fault, always something. Right?

Gee kind of sounds like bc, never his fault. He lost at Oakland because the players were old, or hurt, or stupid, or it was Al Davis's fault. Now, he loses at NU because its Solich's fault, the players suck, the players are malcontents, they have no talent, etc, etc, etc.

They guy has never had any real success anywhere, he is a LOSER!

Look, I could have certainly lived with 5-6 (will have to anyway) if I felt Callahan was just dealt a bad hand in talent and work ethic. But I went to two games this year and I have to say the score meant nothing to me.

I went to the Baylor game and for the first time in my life heard Husker fans Booing NU and we were winning by 30!

I went to the ISU game and sat in the parents section. Next to Titus Adams' mom and behind Terrence Nunn's parents. If you don't think there is something wrong in the program, go listen to the parents. Isiah Fluellen's dad was pissed off and the game hadn't even started yet. Dude wouldn't sit down the entire game, just stood up with his arms folded across his chest shaking his head.

That's the whole point right there, the great NU fans can live with losses, hell we lived with Osborne's repeated failures (if you want to call it that) for 21 years. What we will not stand for is lack of effort or lack of discipline. Nebraskans work their asses off all damn week and we expect, nay we DEMAND, hard work and discipline on Saturday. I watched in horror as NU trailed ISU by two scores late in the 3rd quarter and still couldn't get a snap off with more than 10 seconds on the play clock. I watched Joe Dailey officially rush for 10 yards, but unofficially rushed for 800, running over to the sidelines after every play. I watched NU call a time out down 1 score late in the game because they had 4 DT on the field at the same time, IMMEDIATELY FOLLOWING AN ISU TIMEOUT!

I hope will all my energy that this is just an adjustment period. But for the life of me I cannot understand how you can go an entire season without devising a simple method to relay plays from the bench to the QB. I sure as hell hope Harrison Beck is doing some wind sprints right now preparing for all the running he'll do at NU.

Look, I could have certainly lived with 5-6 (will have to anyway) if I felt Callahan was just dealt a bad hand in talent and work ethic. But I went to two games this year and I have to say the score meant nothing to me.

I went to the Baylor game and for the first time in my life heard Husker fans Booing NU and we were winning by 30!

I went to the ISU game and sat in the parents section. Next to Titus Adams' mom and behind Terrence Nunn's parents. If you don't think there is something wrong in the program, go listen to the parents. Isiah Fluellen's dad was pissed off and the game hadn't even started yet. Dude wouldn't sit down the entire game, just stood up with his arms folded across his chest shaking his head.

That's the whole point right there, the great NU fans can live with losses, hell we lived with Osborne's repeated failures (if you want to call it that) for 21 years. What we will not stand for is lack of effort or lack of discipline. Nebraskans work their asses off all damn week and we expect, nay we DEMAND, hard work and discipline on Saturday. I watched in horror as NU trailed ISU by two scores late in the 3rd quarter and still couldn't get a snap off with more than 10 seconds on the play clock. I watched Joe Dailey officially rush for 10 yards, but unofficially rushed for 800, running over to the sidelines after every play. I watched NU call a time out down 1 score late in the game because they had 4 DT on the field at the same time, IMMEDIATELY FOLLOWING AN ISU TIMEOUT!

I hope will all my energy that this is just an adjustment period. But for the life of me I cannot understand how you can go an entire season without devising a simple method to relay plays from the bench to the QB. I sure as hell hope Harrison Beck is doing some wind sprints right now preparing for all the running he'll do at NU.

Couldnt agree with you more.

yah maybe mcbride stayed in his shoes at the games but he wasnt afraid of playin O st bumper cars with terrell farley every now and then either. some may say he likes himself some dewars. not trying to drag a good man through th mud but just want to set the record straight that he was/is no archbishop. but i would hang with the guy any day of the week. :cheers