Brandon Jackson and Stew Bradley

zoogs

http://nfl.com/draft/story/10139231

In a list of 10 players who impressed him most in interviews, Pat Kirwin includes BJax and Stewart Bradley:

6. Brandon Jackson, RB Nebraska -- Some call him a "sleeper" running back. Jackson is an underclassman who some feel should have stayed in school. I challenged him on that subject, and he convinced me he will not be fazed if he drops to the bottom of the second round or even the third round. There is a toughness about him when he speaks that can convince the listener there's nothing you can throw at this kid in the way of adversity that is going to upset his plan to excel in the NFL.

10. Stewart Bradley, LB Nebraska -- It's hard to find guys with the size and athletic ability to play Sam linebacker on the line of scrimmage. Stewart has both qualities, plus he's smart and has played enough man coverage to make a defensive coordinator feel comfortable that he isn't limited to just zone coverage calls. He told me there were plenty of times at Nebraska that he would line up on slot receivers and cover them. He was a high school rugby teammate of Haloti Ngata (starting defensive tackle for the Ravens) and is a capable open-field tackler. He could wind up with a career similar to Bill Romanowski on the football field. Bradley is a real smart player who could be a perfect third-round pick for a team like the 49ers or Jets.

Brandon Jackson is the most complete back Nebraska has turned out since ... well ... Lawrence Philips.

He's more complete than Buckhalter because he blocks so well. More complete than Ahman Green because he blocks well, and catches the ball just as well as AG.

He's not as fast as either of those guys, but he has some inside toughness that raises his stock.

BJ has a chance to be the best pro running back NU has ever turned out.

Brandon Jackson is the most complete back Nebraska has turned out since ... well ... Lawrence Philips.

He's more complete than Buckhalter because he blocks so well. More complete than Ahman Green because he blocks well, and catches the ball just as well as AG.

He's not as fast as either of those guys, but he has some inside toughness that raises his stock.

although he could turn out to be a pretty solid player, i don't think he will ever surpass Green's stats or accomplishments in the NFL

although he could turn out to be a pretty solid player, i don't think he will ever surpass Green's stats or accomplishments in the NFL

I sure hope he can pass Ahman and Correll's status in the NFL all the great back and running QB's and they have been far and few in the NFL i hope he gets there and tears it up...I am still waiting for porkchop to break out for Baltimore!>!>!>!

Gil Brandt has BJax as his fourth best RB in the draft:

4. Brandon Jackson, Nebraska (5-9 7/8, 210; 4.41)

Jackson had a complete workout at the Combine. He ran his 40s in 4.39 and 4.41 seconds, the short shuttle in 4.14 and the three-cone drill in 7.00 (he ran better at Nebraska's Pro Day). He also had a 37-inch vertical jump, a 10-foot-2 broad jump and 21 bench presses. In high school, he rushed for 1,783 yards in his senior season. He also ran track. At Nebraska, he got some playing time while a true freshman in 2004. In 2005, he started two games but had shoulder problems. In 2006, he started nine games and rushed for 893 yards. He reminds you of Frank Gore. He is elusive and has very good quickness, plus good hands. He didn't have great production in college, but has a chance to be a regular and play well for a team.

nfl