Best Damn Top 100 Football Plays

Sorry If this has been posted before. Best Damn Sports show showed their top 100 football plays of all time including high school, college and pro. The Huskers had quite a showing.

In their top 100

Crouch run against Missouri

Steinkhuhler fumblerooski

Michigan last ditch kickoff return

Davison catch against Missouri

Frazier run against Florida

The last two, I believe were in the the top 10.

To be featured in 5% of the top plays of all time, high school, college and pro, suggests quite a wild ride!!

Thanks for the info. I would of thought that Taylor's fake timeout last year from the sCUm game would of been in there.

It was good....but been done too many times. I was surprised to see us run it as I thought they banned that play. I know you can't do it in the NFL (See Kordell Stewart & Pittsburgh).

Sorry If this has been posted before. Best Damn Sports show showed their top 100 football plays of all time including high school, college and pro. The Huskers had quite a showing.

In their top 100

To be featured in 5% of the top plays of all time, high school, college and pro, suggests quite a wild ride!!

Thing is...I'd have to say that Boise St. would have to have 2 of the top 10 of all time...and they did it in one game!!!

Boise State with two in one game.....good point

Anyone remember when John O'Leary ran in untouched against Mizzou on a fake punt.? I believe that the ball was short snapped to a blocker who hid it beneath is posterior then O'Leary took it from him...

Florida State did the same thing a few years later and their play made it into the top 100.....

It wasn't actually a kickoff return if it's the one from the recent Alamo Bowl. It was actually a play from scrimmage, a hook and ladder play if i recall. Anyway, that is awesome that we have that many in there.

In their top 100

Thing is...I'd have to say that Boise St. would have to have 2 of the top 10 of all time...and they did it in one game!!!

Damn good point.

IMO they played to a stage that they thought that they could either win or be a mid-major could of been and they took the chance and played for broke and won.

It kind of reminded me of all the times that the Hillbillies won because of "Sooner magic" but this time they were on the short end.

It wasn't actually a kickoff return if it's the one from the recent Alamo Bowl. It was actually a play from scrimmage, a hook and ladder play if i recall. Anyway, that is awesome that we have that many in there.

You're right.....it was a play from scrimmage....I stand humbly corrected!! :)

OU's Chris Simm's Superman Interception I thought should have made the list in the bottom 5. That play still kinda shocks me, it was AWESOME!

Also I'm surprised Crouch's TD catch against OU in 2001 wasn't on the honorable mention. I say HM, because yeah a lot of teams have done it, but to seal the victor in #2 vs #3 game is HUGE.

Boise State with two in one game.....good point

Anyone remember when John O'Leary ran in untouched against Mizzou on a fake punt.? I believe that the ball was short snapped to a blocker who hid it beneath is posterior then O'Leary took it from him...

Florida State did the same thing a few years later and their play made it into the top 100.....

That was called the "Bummerooski," named after Bum Phillips, from which TO's Fumblerooski derived.

That was called the "Bummerooski," named after Bum Phillips, from which TO's Fumblerooski derived.

Or vice versa. I know Bum Philips ran Bummerooski (thus the name) when he coached, but I see references the Fumblerooski, which the NFL banned in the 60s, all the way back to Heismann.

Or vice versa. I know Bum Philips ran Bummerooski (thus the name) when he coached, but I see references the Fumblerooski, which the NFL banned in the 60s, all the way back to Heismann.

The first time NU ran the Fumblerooski was in 1979 against Oklahoma, when Randy Schleusner took the ball 15 yards for a score. They claimed they got the play from films of Texas high school football.

Personally, I don't understand why the two plays are mentioned together as they are nothing like each other, except they end in "rooski."

The Bumarooski (or Bummerooski) is a fake punt play where the ball is snapped to an up-back, who hands it forward to a blocking back who just stands with it for a count or two.

I know guys are saying he sticks the ball between his knees and stuff, but in Nebraska's case, the ball was just stuffed forward to john O'Leary (as I recall) who waited for the kick rush to pass, and then ran for a TD just before halftime against Mizzou.

Thanks for the info. I would of thought that Taylor's fake timeout last year from the sCUm game would of been in there.

the list was greatest plays, not the top "hilarious pranks pulled on an opposing team's coach when he's 2-5 in conference play just to prove how 'out-of-his-league' he really is" plays.

were that the case, it would have been number one.