49ers Sign Rookie LB Moore

49ers Sign Rookie LB Moore

- 2007-05-23

The San Francisco 49ers announced Wednesday that they have signed fourth-round draft pick linebacker Jay Moore (Nebraska). Terms of the contract were not announced by the team.

Moore (6-4, 270) saw action in 37 games with 30 starts at Nebraska. He totaled 103 tackles, 12 sacks, eight passes defensed, three fumble recoveries and one interception. As a senior, Moore started every game at the strong-side defense end position and recorded 45 tackles, six sacks and 17 tackles for loss. He finished his career tied for sixth in school history with 38 tackles for loss.

With the signing, Moore becomes the first of nine 2007 draft picks by the 49ers to be signed by the team.

Moore (6-4, 270)...

If he doesn't drop weight that is one HUGE guy coming from the outside.....however I assume he'll have to shed a few pounds and get a little quicker.

I don't know. During the combine, they worked out the DE's that they would like to try out for 3-4 linebackers and Jay Moore looked really good as a 3-4 backer. I thought he looked as good or better than Anthony Spencer(1st round pick for the Cowboys). Just a fan's observation, but he had one of the best workouts for the 3-4 guys.

Good for him. I just hope there aren't any issues signing Carriker. I hate 1st round hold out guys, that's so irritating. Carriker doesn't seem like someone who would get an agent that would do such a thing.

I doubt it too. On the NFL Network, they had a Rams Minicamp hour on and they talked about how much the Rams love him. Showed him going through drills and stuff and they talked about how huge he is. He seemed real excited to be there and I doubt he will be a hold out guy.

Moore (6-4, 270)...

If he doesn't drop weight that is one HUGE guy coming from the outside.....however I assume he'll have to shed a few pounds and get a little quicker.

I heard somewhere that the 49ers want him between 260-265 lbs. Which shouldn't be too big of a problem for him.