Bowman sighting

From what I've heard about this injury/surgery (torn patella right?) is that it is a 6-8 month rehab. I've heard most reports that we'd be lucky to see him back in November...if at all. Just because he isn't walking like he has a prosthetic leg doesn't mean that he's OK. Even after months of rehab and looking OK, that still doesn't mean he can run, cut or take contact.

Ask Matt Herian.

I don't know where you heard that 6-8 months all I heard was 4-6 possibly back in August

Word is, he is waaaay ahead of schedule! This comes from a source who spent some time with him over Memorial Day weekend, who just so happens to be a family member. So I trust what he has to say about his time spent with Bowman!

Big thing is him not trying to come back so fast that he really fu#*$ himself up further!!! He's already going to be on borrowed time with that knee so he really needs to watch it! :hellloooo

• 2 weeks later...

From what I've heard about this injury/surgery (torn patella right?) is that it is a 6-8 month rehab. I've heard most reports that we'd be lucky to see him back in November...if at all. Just because he isn't walking like he has a prosthetic leg doesn't mean that he's OK. Even after months of rehab and looking OK, that still doesn't mean he can run, cut or take contact.

Ask Matt Herian.

I don't know where you heard that 6-8 months all I heard was 4-6 possibly back in August

After the article posted regarding Purify mentioned Bowman I wanted to re-visit what we were talking about. Best possible scenario is that he makes it back in September (that would be 6 months). However that is if he is able to take any/all stresses put on the knee. He will be lucky to see much action this year.

From WebMD on patella tear surgery:

"For tenuous repairs, whether for acute or chronic tears, a more conservative program is used and tailored to the situation. Generally, strict immobilization is recommended for 6 weeks followed by range of motion exercises. Strengthening exercises are then started approximately 3 months after the repair and followed shortly thereafter by neuromuscular retraining. Return of quadriceps bulk and strength usually is delayed, and return to premorbid athletic activities may take approximately 9-12 months."