Purify avoids court

I think he should be spanked by all the cheerleaders.

You do mean the female cheerleaders don't you??? How many punches do I have to throw to get that punishment?

Eleven. Any more than that, they upgrade to whips and chains.

But seriously, Mo, do your diversion and community service or whatever... and I don't want to hear your name again until fall.

What exactly is a pre-trial diversion

It can vary from state to state, but generally it's a way to agree to certain terms and conditions (think of it as prospective probation). If you meet the terms and conditions, no trial, no conviction, no record.

Pre-trial diversions are generally agreed to between the prosecutor and the accused under two conditions - first, when neither side is completely comfortable that they can win outright, second, when the accused has a clean history and good prospects for staying out of trouble if given the chance. There are also, in some states, laws that require pre-trial diversion be offered for certain crimes. However...

I suspect the "not sure of a win" scenario in this case - pre-trial diversion is generally something that is not offered for crimes of violence unless the prosecutor is not sure he can secure a win.

Again, that's speaking generally - I don't know the specifics for Nebraska.

Yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I cant wait to hear from everyone that said he needs to be suspended,

why isnt cally making a statement. That is the freaking reason why.

What reason? I must've missed the part of that article where it said he was found not guilty. Could you please point it out for me?

Exactly. Generally coming to a settlement/arrangement/agreement out of court is an admission to some degree of guilt and just taking the lumps without the drawn out legal process.

So if you and bugeater were in a fight at a bar you should get

suspended from work. What would be your punisment?

Yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What reason? I must've missed the part of that article where it said he was found not guilty. Could you please point it out for me?

Exactly. Generally coming to a settlement/arrangement/agreement out of court is an admission to some degree of guilt and just taking the lumps without the drawn out legal process.

That's a stupid analogy. Being on the Nebraska football team is a privilege, not a job.

Yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's a stupid analogy. Being on the Nebraska football team is a privilege, not a job.

I'm not saying it was right but none of us know what the team rules are so just

let Cally do his job and be done with it.

Yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He's not saying it's right, but he and the poster above him are making valid points.

I'm not saying it was right but none of us know what the team rules are so just

let Cally do his job and be done with it.

I don't think that it would be a dramatic stretch to say that getting into a fight at a bar is against team rules. If that's not rule #1, it should be.

What exactly is a pre-trial diversion

It can vary from state to state, but generally it's a way to agree to certain terms and conditions (think of it as prospective probation). If you meet the terms and conditions, no trial, no conviction, no record.

Pre-trial diversions are generally agreed to between the prosecutor and the accused under two conditions - first, when neither side is completely comfortable that they can win outright, second, when the accused has a clean history and good prospects for staying out of trouble if given the chance. There are also, in some states, laws that require pre-trial diversion be offered for certain crimes. However...

I suspect the "not sure of a win" scenario in this case - pre-trial diversion is generally something that is not offered for crimes of violence unless the prosecutor is not sure he can secure a win.

Again, that's speaking generally - I don't know the specifics for Nebraska.

Thanks for the explanation Frank! That makes sense.