Purify avoids court

Arizona has something like that but they call it Deferred Prosicution.

but in Nevada outside of vegas city limits they got a thing called preferred prostitution... and i'm gonna stop right there before i'm banned...

I'm hoping for at least a one-game suspension. Regardless of whether or not he goes to court, he was involved in a fight outside a bar. The program doesn't need this type of attention. Sit him down, make sure he and the rest of the team knows this isn't going to be tolerated then get him back onto the field in time for USC.

I'm hoping for at least a one-game suspension. Regardless of whether or not he goes to court, he was involved in a fight outside a bar. The program doesn't need this type of attention. Sit him down, make sure he and the rest of the team knows this isn't going to be tolerated then get him back onto the field in time for USC.

Yep, I agree.

I disagree that we need to get him back "in time" for USC. If USC were the first game of the year, would you be recommending no suspension, or delaying the suspension until another game? His actions speak for themselves, and they merit the same penalty. It doesn't matter *which* games he must miss. If Callahan suspends him for Nevada and lets him back on for Wake and USC, I don't think that will look to good.

Anyhow, I'm not saying he deserves to be suspended half a season or anything; just that we should evaluate his suspension independent of his importance to the team. I'm sure we all know that, but sometimes it's hard ;)

I disagree that we need to get him back "in time" for USC. If USC were the first game of the year, would you be recommending no suspension, or delaying the suspension until another game? His actions speak for themselves, and they merit the same penalty. It doesn't matter *which* games he must miss. If Callahan suspends him for Nevada and lets him back on for Wake and USC, I don't think that will look to good.

Anyhow, I'm not saying he deserves to be suspended half a season or anything; just that we should evaluate his suspension independent of his importance to the team. I'm sure we all know that, but sometimes it's hard ;)

:yeah

he was offered a pre-trial diversion because, as AR told us, the prosecuter probably felt that they had a case that was going to be difficult to win. MO took it because he wanted to put this behind him and behind the team.

had he gone to court and been found not guilty, should he get suspended for any games? i dont think so.

if I were Callahan, and I am not, I would take into consideration the following.

1. Is this the 1st offense?

2. All of the witness statements if any that were turned into the athletic department.

3. Did Mo complete the pretrial diversion requirement?

So if this was MO's 1st offense, and there were numerous statements saying that MO was did not start the fight, and completes the diversion program before the season starts, then a 1 game suspension for not "Walking away" is warrented.

but what ever Callahan decides to do, I am ok with that and will support his decision.

I honestly hope MO isn't suspended at all. This is something MO shouldn't have been involved in but it's also something that's being blown all out of proportion. Running the stadium steps can be a miserable thing to do, especially if you have to do it over and over again for days at a time.

I hope Callahan mentions at a press conference soon that the situation has been handled internally and there will be no further comment on the matter.