My 3 deep......for now

What are the stars supposed to mean?

i am only guessing, but it is probably the number of stars that the recruiting services gave them when they were being recruited

That would be correct. Just a differant way too look at what kind of team we might have if you give recruiting services any credence....

i think Keith Williams will be starting instead of Christiansen (SP?) maybe not at first but early.

Mo will be the starting X maybe not the first game or 2 but after that

Thenarse needs to stay at safety. Next year our safeties will be him and Asante and that would be sick

Culbert needs to move to Will

with Murillo Jones and Grixby and hopefully Bowman i think Jones and Bowman will play. Either way it gives us the ability to play a solid nickel and dime as opposed to last year.

I would love to see Pierre Allen step up

Farley and Demario Williams were truly 205 at the most. Culbert is bigger than them.

I think those two were a few tacos short of a combination platter upstairs, but great football instinct and crazy. From what i have seen culbert has a fairly level head and is a great athlete. Hopefully we can utilize his talent.

I really like Dre Jones at CB. Last year, he was average because a lot of teams picked on him. He was still learning the nuiances of major college football (coming from JUCO).

From Husker.com

Andre Jones, a 6-0, 192-pound defensive back, earned a five-star rating from Rivals.com and was ranked the fourth-best junior college prospect in the country, regardless of position. Jones, who played high school ball at Choctawhatchee High School in Fort Walton Beach, Fla., recorded 50 tackles and three interceptions as a senior in high school, following up a junior campaign in which he tallied 44 tackles and four interceptions.

Games Played - 14 (13 started)

Unattended Tackles - 52

Attended Tackles - 22

Total Tackles - 74

Tackles for loss - 2 for 13 yards

Quarterback Sacks - 1 for 12 yards

Pass Break Ups - 7

Pass Interceptions - 1

Game High Pass Break Ups - 2 (vs. Kansas and Texas)

Only DB that had a QB sack in 2006

This guy proves every year that he can tackle. However, he needs more pass break ups and interceptions. I would rather have a guy at CB that is a sure tackler than someone who gets a few more interceptions and lets WR's get major YAC (yards after catch).

When Bowman is back, I would put Bowman at #1 CB and Jones at #2 CB. And BTW, Jones has 3" and 20 pounds on Grixby.

As far as Larry Asante, I hope he is the next Jack Tatum (the Assassin). For those who remember Jack Tatum from the Oakland Raiders in the 1970's, he was a sick hitter. Jack Tatum is probably one of the best Safeties in the NFL that ever played. If you were a WR, you knew if you went across the middle that you would lose your head by Mr. Tatum. Enough said.

Although he was the one who paraylized Darryl Stingley, it was a legit hit at the time (rules have changed since then) and he was remorseful.