Is this true about the team?

I found the following post on a Jayhawk forum.....I think it may have been written by a KSU fan (Imagine that) :angry: . I'm not too sure all of it is true though. So I figured I would post it here to see how accurate it reallys is. It's basically a run down of why NU won't be as good this year as they were last year. I think the guy is a little crazy, but I would like to know how much of this player analysis is true.

Here it is. Let me know if this is a true analysis. Thanks.

Maurice Purify (suspended prob all year)

Brandon Jackson (top RB, draft)

Kenny Wilson (dropped tv on foot)

Adam Carriker (draft)

Zack Bowman (top cb got hurt again out for year)

Zac Taylor (starting qb gone)

Kurt Mann (part time starting lineman gone)

Matt Herian (mostly injured but was starting TE, still gone)

Jay Moore (starting DE, gone)

Andrew Shanle (starting Safety, gone)

Dane Todd (starting FB, gone)

Stewart Bradley (starting LB, gone)

Jordan Congdon (starting Kicker, transfered)

Ola Dagunduro (starting nose tackle, gone)

Greg Austin (starting left guard, gone)

THE LIST GOES ON AND ON....right there is 13 full time starting players from last years squad, plus 2 players who saw quite a bit of backup action.....not to mention marlon lucky, who had an "undisclosed" visit to the hospital and the rumors flew about that.....news out of nebraska keeps getting worse and worse.....sam keller has looked bad , and he hasnt even been named the starter...joe ganz is neck and neck with him

I think all of your worries should be at rest as you saw that info on a jayhawk and a KSwho board...they live in denial down there. I have no real worries about this year...ok one minor one about purify but thats it....we'll be fine this year

Wow there are so many inaccuracies in that post I'm not even going to run them all down. For instance, Bowman's out for the year. I should have stopped reading after that. You can't make any conclusions without looking at the replacements for the players that are gone. BTW, Sam Keller hasn't looked bad yet to me, and that thing with Lucky was over and done with five months ago, he looked fine in the spring game.

Wow there are so many inaccuracies in that post I'm not even going to run them all down. For instance, Bowman's out for the year. I should have stopped reading after that. You can't make any conclusions without looking at the replacements for the players that are gone. BTW, Sam Keller hasn't looked bad yet to me, and that thing with Lucky was over and done with five months ago, he looked fine in the spring game.

Well, we know the guy is off his rocker. I mean, I think Lucky will have a better year than Jackson did. That's just my perspective. But what is the word on Purify? Is he suspended? Kicked off the team? And is the battle between Ganz and Keller really that close? Those were the two I would like to know about.

What I don't get is that its like we as husker fans, don't realize that we lost over half of those guys on that idiots list to the draft or graduation. Hell yes we know that, and the way it is stated is that its a surprise to all of us or was unexpected! We have guys that are going to step it up!! What a true Gayhawk fan.

Keller hasn't looked bad by any means, Ganz has just stepped up and really looking strong. I'm pretty sure Keller has the starting job just because there are tools he has that Ganz just doesnt, but BC is keeping things open to push these players until game 1.

If there is anything wrong with Lucky it would be his Spring Game injury. His medical emergency didn't effect him in April, why would it in September?

He's got some of those starting labels messed up to... for one Kurt Mann got sick/hurt and I believe never started a game after like Nicholls St and another would be Greg Austin who was in and out a lot and didn't start after the Iowa St. game. There are a few more that I would consider pretty big streches also.

Also some of those players we have lost is a blessing, Andrew Shanle.

That guy is a fool who posted that. Man I could keep going on and on with mistakes in that thing...

Maurice Purify (suspended prob all year) Only one monkee... can't and won't let him stop this show.

Brandon Jackson (top RB, draft) Helps eleviate the log jam at position by him leaving.

Kenny Wilson (dropped tv on foot) Actually it has been a infection and reoccuring problems with the knee that really worries the team more.

Adam Carriker (draft) Will be missed.

Zack Bowman (top cb got hurt again out for year) On recovery to help team this fall. Not nessarily out for the yr.

Zac Taylor (starting qb gone) Have QBs in waiting with probably more tools. Will find out about poise.

Kurt Mann (part time starting lineman gone) Was already replaced last season... not a big loss.

Matt Herian (mostly injured but was starting TE, still gone). Played all last yr, not injuried. TE while important not a big weapon in BC's offense.

Jay Moore (starting DE, gone) Will be missed.

Andrew Shanle (starting Safety, gone) Many are saying thank god. Although he he led team with thefts, we won't remember him for his tackling and cover skills.

Dane Todd (starting FB, gone). Will be missed but he touched the ball how many times? Easily replaceable in BC's offense.

Stewart Bradley (starting LB, gone). Can be and will be replaced by players with gametime experience. Replacing the ends are a bigger concern.

Jordan Congdon (starting Kicker, transfered). We won't have to worry about him missing makable kicks anymore.

Ola Dagunduro (starting nose tackle, gone). No worry, we have good players coming back at DT.

Greg Austin (starting left guard, gone). Was out a good deal of the yr anyway. Won't miss him this season... we missed him last season.

We are just as strong, if not stronger at QB spot. Both Gantz and Keller looked fab at the spring game. Just because Keller hasn't been named the starter doesn't mean he isn't working out. I wouldn't name a starter this early as well. Competition will only make all of the QB candidates better. (When has Keller looked bad? Anybody know?)

What I don't get is that its like we as husker fans, don't realize that we lost over half of those guys on that idiots list to the draft or graduation. Hell yes we know that, and the way it is stated is that its a surprise to all of us or was unexpected! We have guys that are going to step it up!! What a true Gayhawk fan.

For starters, it wasn't a Jayhawk fan that wrote this post. It was a KSU backer. I just wanted to seperate the facts from the BS. Which I knew clearly by reading the post there was some BS. I just wanted to get the facts straight. I take offense to that stateme and hope the moderator says something to you about it. We'll see how Gay my hawks are when your team comes to Lawrence. :box

Well put, Sugalean. Those are some over exaggerations coming from the Dirty Little Apple. They get excited when looking forward at the possibility of knocking us off. Did they maybe realize that the past 3 years recruiting classes that have been rated highly may be able to supply talent to plug in, rather than provide a disastrous fall-out a la KSU 2004.

For starters, it wasn't a Jayhawk fan that wrote this post. It was a KSU backer. I just wanted to seperate the facts from the BS. Which I knew clearly by reading the post there was some BS. I just wanted to get the facts straight. I take offense to that stateme and hope the moderator says something to you about it. We'll see how Gay my hawks are when your team comes to Lawrence. :box

Lets see u are a KSUcks fan who says "We'll see how Gay my hawks are when your team comes to Lawrence."

Make up yer mind. Either u are a KU fan or not. Don't ride the fence. There is a rivalry between the two ya know. You kind of set yourself up with that bandwagon mentality... Rooting for both... Both in the same conference... same division. Kind of gay with a capital G IMO.

Lets see u are a KSUcks fan who says "We'll see how Gay my hawks are when your team comes to Lawrence."

Make up yer mind. Either u are a KU fan or not. Don't ride the fence. There is a rivalry between the two ya know. You kind of set yourself up with that bandwagon mentality... Rooting for both... Both in the same conference... same division. Kind of gay with a capital G IMO.

Sugalean? What in the world are u talking about? I never ever said I was a KSU fan! I just love it when people (Sugarlean) comment on posts before reading the whole thing. Get a clue!

Anyone who is a husker fan and knows their sh#t would not of even posted this crap. Yeah there is some worry that people need to step up and play and prove themselves this year. Myself and probably a lot of other people on this board besides JGS30, could care less what a KSU or KU player thinks about how we look until season. Unbelievable!