Is this true about the team?

Almost every team, almost every year, suffers losses due to graduation, injury, grades or transfers. The key is whether there are replacements. Therefore, simply listing the losses of a team is not, in and of itself, indicative of the season the team will have. The logic used by the poster is, simply put, specious.

Almost every team, almost every year, suffers losses due to graduation, injury, grades or transfers. The key is whether there are replacements. Therefore, simply listing the losses of a team is not, in and of itself, indicative of the season the team will have. The logic used by the poster is, simply put, specious.

and not even worthy of a reply

Welcome to College Football. It isnt the NFL, losing players after a season is part of the game.

Maurice Purify (suspended prob all year) most likely back by conference play

Brandon Jackson (top RB, draft) Still have 2 good backs, while I would have liked to see him back, it wont hurt that bad.

Kenny Wilson (dropped tv on foot) He didnt play a lot last year, and was fumble prone, again we have Glenn and Lucky back.

Adam Carriker (draft) Losing him hurts, no way around it.

Zack Bowman (top cb got hurt again out for year) Maybe back by conference play

Zac Taylor (starting qb gone) He was a good leader, but I think Keller will more than fill his shoes.

Kurt Mann (part time starting lineman gone) Didnt play most of last year. Byford is solid at center.

Matt Herian (mostly injured but was starting TE, still gone) He was more or less a non factor after the leg break.

Jay Moore (starting DE, gone)We will miss him as well.

Andrew Shanle (starting Safety, gone) Two words, Larry Asante. We wont miss him one bit.

Dane Todd (starting FB, gone) This offense doesnt need a fullback, and doesnt use one about half the time. It leans more into an H-back.

Stewart Bradley (starting LB, gone) We have plenty of talent at LB, it has been the deepest part of the defense, no worries.

Jordan Congdon (starting Kicker, transfered) No loss. Other than being good at extra points, he didnt have the leg to pull the needed kick to win games.

Ola Dagunduro (starting nose tackle, gone) I'm not worried. There are several young D linemen who look good.

Greg Austin (starting left guard, gone) He missed alot of time last year. There are 13 returning O-linemen who were either active or redshirted last year.

There is a case to be made that NU will be better this year than last. The O-Line should be better. The QB will have more physical abilities than last year. The secondary should be improved.

Coming from a KU board, it sounds more like a case of the KU faithful trying to come up with reasons why they we be something more than an alsoran.

What I don't get is that its like we as husker fans, don't realize that we lost over half of those guys on that idiots list to the draft or graduation. Hell yes we know that, and the way it is stated is that its a surprise to all of us or was unexpected! We have guys that are going to step it up!! What a true Gayhawk fan.

Lets see u are a KSUcks fan who says "We'll see how Gay my hawks are when your team comes to Lawrence."

Make up yer mind. Either u are a KU fan or not. Don't ride the fence. There is a rivalry between the two ya know. You kind of set yourself up with that bandwagon mentality... Rooting for both... Both in the same conference... same division. Kind of gay with a capital G IMO.

Anyone who is a husker fan and knows their sh#t would not of even posted this crap. Yeah there is some worry that people need to step up and play and prove themselves this year. Myself and probably a lot of other people on this board besides JGS30, could care less what a KSU or KU player thinks about how we look until season. Unbelievable!

What gives?? Cut it out guys, seriously. JGS30 is a visiting Jayhawks fan and, from everything I've seen, is a cool guy who was never rude or disrespectful. And even if he was? Show some class....

Of course the losses are a concern, but we have reason to be optimistic about reloading. Whether or not all that pans out or not, well, that's why we play the games out on the field over the course of the season instead of settling the matter in a few posts on a message board.

I guess KSU doesn't have any losses worth mentioning?

[quote

What gives?? Cut it out guys, seriously. JGS30 is a visiting Jayhawks fan and, from everything I've seen, is a cool guy who was never rude or disrespectful. And even if he was? Show some class....

I agree. I have found JGS30 to be a class guy, unlike some of the responses I have heard. He made the posting asking your input because be didn't know. He was asking for help from the people who should know, not ridicule. Remember what Will Rogers said, "We are all ignorant, just on different subjects" Ignorance means lack of knowledge, not being stupid. By that definition I am ignorant about Husker football. Thats why I am here, to learn, and maybe throw in another perspective. Overwhelmingly you guys have been great to me, but sometimes some of you can get so narrow and provincial. Thats not the great Nebraska tradition I have heard of.

i'll agree jsg is pretty cool. if he had board to comment on for his own team, he would be there. he actually has some good insight into the Big 12 north and at least KU. but c'mon, most of the players lost are to graduation or draft. this happens every year to every school. i mean, i heard chris leak is gone from florida...did you? what will they do?

O line - Better we added depth and have some horses.

Qb- IMO Better if Keller can escape the pocket at all it will be tougher to stop our O. That and from what I have seen he has a really strong accurate arm.

He seems to be enjoying himself on the field form watching the spring game.

That and he is a SENIOR he will command respect with his play and IMO will be a leader.

RB- Whats to say Lucky is a year better and we have Glenn and a very good group of freshman coming in.

WR- Purify will be back. He will miss some games . How many???

Who knows but alot of very talented young men are getting more experienced . We could see a new star emerge, we have the depth.

TE- Dont know enough to say.

D-line-We shall see. We have players that saw alot of playing time last season even though they didnt start. Suh is a beast.

LB- Once again we should have a talented and deep group of experienced players. Hopefully Octo and Dillard can stay healthy.

D backs- Bowman too will be back. To what affect? Who knows. Murrillo looked like a good cover man in the spring game. Yes he will be learning as he goes. Jones should show improvement. Asante should prove to be a difference maker as compared to last season. God that was brutal.

I say improved with our without Bowman. Grixby scares me but less so with a good safeties help. Thenarse is a stud. Period.

Kinda long but thats how I see it.