our tight ends

Our Tight ends are not they to catch passes they are there for extra blocking.

This is not typical, there here to catch passes, any WCO needs a solid TE, we have nothing.

Which proves my point...we have nothing at that position so they are simply there for more blocking. If you cant throw a pass to anyone there they simply become another offensive lineman.

Our Tight ends are not they to catch passes they are there for extra blocking.

This is not typical, there here to catch passes, any WCO needs a solid TE, we have nothing.

Which proves my point...we have nothing at that position so they are simply there for more blocking. If you cant throw a pass to anyone there they simply become another offensive lineman.

there is no doubt, we don't have good TE's that can catch the ball in the WCO, as designed. hopefully we will improve in this area.

I don't have the stats in front of me, but if my memory serves me right our TEs had about 9 TD receptions in the first 2 or 3 games. So even the TD catches aren't really a true reflection of their production. Didn't we have 4 diff TE catch a TD pass in the Louisiana Tech game?

I just don't remember the TE being any sort of offensive threat in Big 12 play or beyond.

I believe Phillips dropped a pass on fourth and short against Missou which if he would of caught, he could of walked in to the endzone from 35 yards out. He was that wide open. Which just goes to show that who ever our tight ends are, they need to step up and make the plays that are given for them.

RECEIVING			GP-GS  No.  Yds   Avg  TD Long Avg/G
Phillips, J.B.	   14-12   13   82   6.3   2   10   5.9
Herian, Matt		 14-12   12  150  12.5   2   36  10.7
Teafatiller, Hunter  14-2	 5   78  15.6   4   29   5.6
Mueller, Josh		13-2	 5   26   5.2   2	8   2.0

2006 stats

10 receiving TD's for our TE's looks decent, but the rest of the stats are pretty sad.

4 of em were in the first game if I remember right.

DJR and I were talking about this the other day. NU's had nothing but bad luck with TE's since Callahan took the reigns. We've had guys with promise either get injured or leave...

Phillips will play the H-Back or as I like to call it the "you suck at tight end back." Although, Lawson looked awesome at the full back/running back spot, so mabey Phillips can just go ahead and play on the PAT team with the freshmen. Phillips is a part of the short list of people who can get called for holding and still let the DE tee off on the QB in the same play, mad skills. Teafatiller may not be a big play guy, but he is a consistant blocker and usually cathes well, good enough for now. Mike Mcneil is the real deal, he WILL be what Harian was supposed to be but never was. Beyond that the offensive line will be much better and that should open some doors for a few more wrinkles with the TE in the WCO.