CB Marc Anthony

• 4 weeks later...

If you really care about your education Cal would be a tough place to turn down. I know there has been alot of discussion about TR and Notre Dame and their education vs Nebraska and what not, but Cal is a whole other story altogether. Probably one of the best colleges in the country, right up there with the Ivy Leagues, plus you get to live in California. Sucks we didn't get him, but if I was from Arizona and could get into Cal, that would pretty hard to turn down.

If you really care about your education Cal would be a tough place to turn down. I know there has been alot of discussion about TR and Notre Dame and their education vs Nebraska and what not, but Cal is a whole other story altogether. Probably one of the best colleges in the country, right up there with the Ivy Leagues, plus you get to live in California. Sucks we didn't get him, but if I was from Arizona and could get into Cal, that would pretty hard to turn down.

Agreed...Cal-Berkeley is among the creme of the crop in American universities. All the same, for football players...what difference does it make? Still, it is hard to turn down and I'm disappointed we didn't get him.

Agreed...Cal-Berkeley is among the creme of the crop in American universities. All the same, for football players...what difference does it make? Still, it is hard to turn down and I'm disappointed we didn't get him.

Like I said "if" you care about your education, at least as much or more as you do about football. If all he cares about it playing in the NFL, there are probably better or equal places for him to go. If he is thinking about the bigger picture, Cal is an almost unmatchable opportunity.

That's true, but then again, it's not like there's no quality education to be found at NU. I think the difference in education personally for him is minimized just by the amount of time he has to put on the football field. But it can be argued both ways, because the overall academic atmosphere is just not the same.

Anyway, age old debate and probably not worth too much time :-P I hope he does well at Cal, now that they're not playing us anymore. Heh, I had no idea about Berkeley's academic reputation back in the day, I didn't even know "Cal" was Berkeley...I just knew them as another one of our punching bags for a couple of years in the Crouch era.

That's true, but then again, it's not like there's no quality education to be found at NU. I think the difference in education personally for him is minimized just by the amount of time he has to put on the football field. But it can be argued both ways, because the overall academic atmosphere is just not the same.

Anyway, age old debate and probably not worth too much time :-P I hope he does well at Cal, now that they're not playing us anymore. Heh, I had no idea about Berkeley's academic reputation back in the day, I didn't even know "Cal" was Berkeley...I just knew them as another one of our punching bags for a couple of years in the Crouch era.

Who knows... He might just like trees ;)