CB Marc Anthony

Player: Marc Anthony

Hometown: Chandler, AZ

Position: CB

Height: 6'0"

Weight: 182 lbs.

40 time: 4.56

Visit Date:

Scholarships offered: Nebraska, Colorado, Michigan, Illinois, Washington, Oregon State, Arizona State, Cal, Arizona, Washington State, Vanderbilt, Boise State

Favorites:

Rankings/Stars:

Rivals: :star:star:star:star

Bid Red Report: :star:star:star

Assessing the talent:

Odds of becoming a Cornhusker: 20% This kid is from Chandler HS in AZ...same HS as TE prospect Dion Jordan...Michigan appears to be after both these guys. Time to tee this two-fer up for our AZ connection and get these kids to be N! :thumbs We need CB (Anthony) and TE (Jordan) recruits for this class.

• 3 weeks later...

Linky:

http://recruiting.scout.com/2/656480.html

He has Nebraska, Michigan, and Cal as his favorites. This is another big two-fer out there...just like Gray and Demens, CB Anthony and his HS teammate TE Jordan have said they would like to play at same college program. Nebraska, Meechicken, and Cal are in on them both. I would love to land these guys...we have done excellent in AZ and these guys look like solid players. These guys need to be N!

• 4 weeks later...

From Husker Journal:

AUGUST 1, 2007. PREP STAR

MARC ANTHONY, Cornerback, from Chandler, Arizona, has offers from Arizona, Arizona State, Nebraska, Vanderbilt, Ilinois, Colorado, Michigan, California, Washington, Washington State.

"Arizona State wants me real bad." said Anthony, "After this year, they don't have any corners and I get to play as a true freshman. Right now I want to leave state, but I might not."

"Vanderbilt just offered me two weeks ago." he said, "They said there academic programs are real good. I like Vanderbilt because it's in the SEC, its very competitive. Vanderbilt will loose most of their corners after this season. I plan on visiting them later."

"I went to Michigan this summer, it was pretty nice. The weather was great. The campus was fun, a big college town (Ann Arbor), and the Big House was humongous. The Michigan coaches text message me everyday and I get mail from them every other day. Michigan coaches said if I look like a good player, I could play early."

"Nebraska (Coach Bush) text messages me a lot and I get lots of mail from him." said Anthony, "I met coach Bush at the school last spring. I like Nebraska a lot, I don't know when I will visit them yet."

"Cailifornia is recruiting me the hardest." he said, "California coaches told me I'm on the top of the board as a corner. It's close to home, a two or three hour drive. My cousin plays at Cal now (Cameron Jordon). I talk to him about California, but he has not pushed me to go there."

Anthony went on to say if doesn't gave a favorite school, but right now California, Nebraska, Michigan, Vanderbilt and Oregon State are lined up to get visits.

LINK

By Allen Wallace

National Recruiting Editor

Posted Aug 17, 2007

"It's not 100 percent yet, but I'm probably going to visit Cal on September 1 for the Tennessee game," said Marc Anthony, ranked by Scout as the nation's No. 32 cornerback. "I'm then gonna visit Nebraska on September 15 for the USC and I'm visiting Michigan for the Penn State game on September 22." Anthony says those three continue to lead solidly over Oregon State and Vanderbilt.

Marc Anthony, the 6-foot, 185-pound three-star cornerback from Chandler, Ariz., continues to heavily favor California, Nebraska and Michigan and has set official visits with all of them.

"It's not 100 percent yet, but I'm probably going to visit Cal on September 1 for the Tennessee game," said Anthony, ranked by Scout as the nation's No. 32 cornerback. "I'm then gonna visit Nebraska on September 15 for the USC and I'm visiting Michigan for the Penn State game on September 22."

Anthony says those three continue to lead solidly over Oregon State and Vanderbilt. Some of his other offers from Boise State, Arizona, Arizona State, Utah, Washington and Washington State (17 total). "I'll probably take four visits but my top three are pretty set.

"I think that Cal is gonna have a great year," Anthony said. "They are always pretty consistent and always do well. Same with Michigan. Michigan is always a top five team and I think this year they'll be competing for the national championship.

"I really like the Big Ten and I love the defense they play. Michigan is just a big-time program.

"But so is Nebraska," he said. "They used to be big-time and are working their way back. I just want to go there and get a feel for what it's like out there. They sign a lot of guys from Arizona, so there's got to be something about them."

Anthony's cousin is Cameron Jordan, who signed to play offensive tackle for California in February. "He doesn't really try to get me to go there," Anthony said. "He just talks with me about the program and what they are doing and stuff like that."

Chandler plays their first game on August 31 against Glendale Ironwood.

He reports a 2.9 core GPA and an 1180 SAT.

By Bryan Munson

BigRedReport.com

Posted Aug 22, 2007

LINK

Anthony set to see Nebraska

Nebraska landed five prep players from the state of Arizona last year. This year Nebraska is hoping to repeat some of that success with Marc Anthony. Anthony, a three-star rated cornerback and the #32 rated cornerback nationally, is very interested in the Huskers and will actually be in Lincoln for an official visit early in the season.

The fall camps have opened up and Marc Anthony and his team from Chandler (Az.) are braving 105-degree heat and 110+ heat indexes. Spirits are still high as football season is finally back.

"Oh yeah, I'm excited to get started again," Anthony said. "We have been practicing for a while now. We just got done tonight and I am heading out with some of the guys."

Anthony is a physically imposing cornerback. At 6-foot-0 and 185-pounds, Anthony can bump and run with the best. But, there was an area of his game he was interested in brushing up on.

"I have been staying in shape and getting prepared mentally and physically for this year. I needed to prepare more mentally than physically."

"I was just working out and learned from the mistakes that I made last year, try to learn from them, and get mentally tough for the upcoming season."

Without being able to get responses to his text messages, Anthony keeps up the communication with the coaches through email. It's a little ironic how he continues to communicate considering the text ban.

"Right now I get a lot of email. I talk to most of the coaches through email. I can do all of my email stuff over my phone, so it's no big deal."

The Huskers will receive an official visit from Anthony and the Wolverines will get one the following week. There are some plans in the work to get one set up for September 7, but it hasn't been finalized.

"I have two official visits set up. I am going to Nebraska on September 14th for the USC game and September 21st for the Penn State game at Michigan."

"I think I will take an official before that. We are working to try and get that one set up for an official to Cal in September. It's not confirmed yet, though."

Anthony has made some unofficial trips this summer and knows what he is looking for on his official visits. He wants to know how things are when he might not getting as much individual attention.

"How the coaching staff runs their program. I also wanted to get an idea of how they treated me when they weren't going to be pampering me on my official visits."

"I also want to see what the school was like and to see if it fit me. That the school and the team was really a fit between me and the coaching staff."

Anthony says that he is interested to see Lincoln. There is also a need to see what the depth chart is like at his position and how they might use him if he went to Nebraska.

"I want to see how I would fit in there in Lincoln with the coaches and the team. I also want to find out what their needs are for a defensive back."

"I also want to see if I can feel comfortable there. I don't want to go somewhere for four years and not play. I just want to see if it fits me."

One of the things that might help Nebraska with the comfort level that Anthony might feel could come from a few of the current players on the team. Nebraska grabbed five prep players from the Grand Canyon State last year.

"I don't know them personally. I do know of them. They are all very talented athletes coming out of Arizona last year."

Another reason why Anthony might be comfortable on his visit is because one of the current Nebraska commitments and he have spoken before in the past. It just so happens that commit will be in town the same weekend as Anthony on an unofficial visit.

"Just one of them. It was me and Will Compton that have spoken before. He was telling me that it's so great up there at Lincoln."

"He was telling me that things are so good in Lincoln, and that I will it so much, that I will probably want to commit on my visit."

"I am just looking forward to taking that trip to Nebraska and getting a chance to meet Will Compton personally when I go."

Anthony was named second team all-region after his junior season. He finished his junior season with 58 tackles and five interceptions (one returned for a touchdown).

By Bryan Munson

BigRedReport.com

Posted Aug 22, 2007

LINK

Anthony set to see Nebraska

Nebraska landed five prep players from the state of Arizona last year. This year Nebraska is hoping to repeat some of that success with Marc Anthony. Anthony, a three-star rated cornerback and the #32 rated cornerback nationally, is very interested in the Huskers and will actually be in Lincoln for an official visit early in the season.

The fall camps have opened up and Marc Anthony and his team from Chandler (Az.) are braving 105-degree heat and 110+ heat indexes. Spirits are still high as football season is finally back.

"Oh yeah, I'm excited to get started again," Anthony said. "We have been practicing for a while now. We just got done tonight and I am heading out with some of the guys."

Anthony is a physically imposing cornerback. At 6-foot-0 and 185-pounds, Anthony can bump and run with the best. But, there was an area of his game he was interested in brushing up on.

"I have been staying in shape and getting prepared mentally and physically for this year. I needed to prepare more mentally than physically."

"I was just working out and learned from the mistakes that I made last year, try to learn from them, and get mentally tough for the upcoming season."

Without being able to get responses to his text messages, Anthony keeps up the communication with the coaches through email. It's a little ironic how he continues to communicate considering the text ban.

"Right now I get a lot of email. I talk to most of the coaches through email. I can do all of my email stuff over my phone, so it's no big deal."

The Huskers will receive an official visit from Anthony and the Wolverines will get one the following week. There are some plans in the work to get one set up for September 7, but it hasn't been finalized.

"I have two official visits set up. I am going to Nebraska on September 14th for the USC game and September 21st for the Penn State game at Michigan."

"I think I will take an official before that. We are working to try and get that one set up for an official to Cal in September. It's not confirmed yet, though."

Anthony has made some unofficial trips this summer and knows what he is looking for on his official visits. He wants to know how things are when he might not getting as much individual attention.

"How the coaching staff runs their program. I also wanted to get an idea of how they treated me when they weren't going to be pampering me on my official visits."

"I also want to see what the school was like and to see if it fit me. That the school and the team was really a fit between me and the coaching staff."

Anthony says that he is interested to see Lincoln. There is also a need to see what the depth chart is like at his position and how they might use him if he went to Nebraska.

"I want to see how I would fit in there in Lincoln with the coaches and the team. I also want to find out what their needs are for a defensive back."

"I also want to see if I can feel comfortable there. I don't want to go somewhere for four years and not play. I just want to see if it fits me."

One of the things that might help Nebraska with the comfort level that Anthony might feel could come from a few of the current players on the team. Nebraska grabbed five prep players from the Grand Canyon State last year.

"I don't know them personally. I do know of them. They are all very talented athletes coming out of Arizona last year."

Another reason why Anthony might be comfortable on his visit is because one of the current Nebraska commitments and he have spoken before in the past. It just so happens that commit will be in town the same weekend as Anthony on an unofficial visit.

"Just one of them. It was me and Will Compton that have spoken before. He was telling me that it's so great up there at Lincoln."

"He was telling me that things are so good in Lincoln, and that I will it so much, that I will probably want to commit on my visit."

"I am just looking forward to taking that trip to Nebraska and getting a chance to meet Will Compton personally when I go."

Anthony was named second team all-region after his junior season. He finished his junior season with 58 tackles and five interceptions (one returned for a touchdown).

He seems pretty interested. Looks good. Can never have too many good corners.