FB Don Brown

Player: Don Brown

Hometown: West Monroe, LA

Position: FB

Height: 5'11"

Weight: 238 lbs.

40 time: 4.75

Visit Date:

Scholarships offered: Nebraska, Southern Miss, Louisiana Tech, Mississippi State

Favorites:

Rankings/Stars:

Rivals:

Bid Red Report: :star:star:star

Assessing the talent: Excellent blocker and ran for 6.5 yds/carry for 800 total yards and 14 TD's. Also has played LB in HS.

Odds of becoming a Cornhusker: 15%

there is a kid in AZ named Dan Moore i think, that would be a better FB IMO

he is 5'11", 220lb, 385 bench, 585 squat, 600 dead lift and runs a 4.6 40

and check out the shirt that he is wearing

Thanks, husker rob. I checked Moore out and found your link...link says he has not been offered by any programs yet but sounds like we are interested.

Anyway, I thought this thread was about FB Brown? :D

Thanks, husker rob. I checked Moore out and found your link...link says he has not been offered by any programs yet but sounds like we are interested.

it was and still is, might be, can be

sorry

it was and still is, might be, can be

sorry

No apologies needed...just messin' around. :lol:

Brings up a good topic...with the great OL recruits we have and top RB's we have and are still recruiting...we will need an awesome FB to further bust open some holes. I don't see Castille as this type of player as I think he will get opportunity to carry the ball a lot. A guy like Brown could excel as a blocker and maybe that's why we have offered him before Moore. Brown is heavier...Moore seems like he pounds the yards, although I have no idea what the competiton level he is against. I don't think this type of recruit's focus will be to carry the ball.

Hmmm...maybe it is time to take a closer look at Mr. Hartnett, I mean Mr. Moore!

Article on Brown says he likes Alabama and Auburn (neither have offered) and that he wants to run the ball as a big back in college...not looking good on a fit. Bring in Moore as the kid may bring the Husker pride we desire!

Link on Brown:

http://recruiting.scout.com/2/655913.html

Louisiana Back Names Favorites

By Andrew Bone

Scout.com

Posted Jul 2, 2007

Don Brown, a Scout.com three-star fullback from West Monroe, (La.), has not attended any camps due to his concentration with grades. He gives Scout.com the latest news...

"I am in summer school right now," Don Brown said. "I am going to try to take a few unofficial visits before the end of the summer. I am going to try to visit Alabama, LSU and Louisiana Tech."

"Right now I have offers from Nebraska, Southern Miss, Louisiana Tech and Mississippi State. My coach said later on in the season Alabama and Auburn would likely offer me. My favorite schools are Alabama and Auburn."

Alabama: "One of my friends, Michael Manning, is taking a visit up there. I said I would visit with him. If he decides to go to Alabama I would go too."

Auburn: "I just like how they produce big running backs. Fullbacks aren't used much in the NFL. I thought about being a big running back in college."

Brown rushed for over 800 yards with 14 touchdowns in 2006 and is working on one key aspect of his game.

"I am really working on trying to get faster," he said. "I would like to get faster before the beginning of the season."

Hmmm...maybe it is time to take a closer look at Mr. Hartnett, I mean Mr. Moore!

Article on Brown says he likes Alabama and Auburn (neither have offered) and that he wants to run the ball as a big back in college...not looking good on a fit.

***SNIP***

I agree. This kids wants to be a tailback and not a fullback, and I don't see that happening - at least not at NU. If he signed with NU, I'm afraid he'd quickly become disappointed and disillusioned with his role.

I think we can find our fullbacks locally or instate somewhere, most likely as walkons. We should be able to find someone in our backyard and who can block and catch the ball. This is a position that would only be attractive to those not being recruited on the major level and likely couldn't play nearly as much at a different position. You would at best be an average runner to want to play FB. Heck, they never carry the ball here.

• 1 month later...