Dont look now but...

Wow, NUPolo called it. Go Dodgers(gotta win a series in October sooner or later, they are due)!

.................and the Cubs aren't???

I'm not a Cubs fan, I'm a Dodgers fan, so their anguish is of no consequence to me(especially right now). The Dodgers have made so many moves in the past 20 years to rival the Yankees in senseless spending. The Cubs have just started to really step up to the plate to compete in terms of spending in the last few years. The Cubs have always been lovable losers, but there really wasn't an excuse for the Dodgers futility, other than poor free agent decisions and bad management.

Wow, NUPolo called it. Go Dodgers(gotta win a series in October sooner or later, they are due)!

.................and the Cubs aren't???

I'm not a Cubs fan, I'm a Dodgers fan, so their anguish is of no consequence to me(especially right now). The Dodgers have made so many moves in the past 20 years to rival the Yankees in senseless spending. The Cubs have just started to really step up to the plate to compete in terms of spending in the last few years. The Cubs have always been lovable losers, but there really wasn't an excuse for the Dodgers futility, other than poor free agent decisions and bad management.

This is true, the tragedy of the Manny/Blake aquisitions is that it likely means that bag of garbage Coletti gets to keep his job. If LA can't re-sign Manny, you can directly blame it on the combined 88 million that he has given to.......

Fatdruw Jones

Jason Schmidt

Esteban Loaiza

Juan Pierre

David Wells

Nomar Garciaparra.

Pierre and Nomar barely see the field, Jones can barely see his shoes, Schmidt can't tie his shoes, let alone pitch and Loaiza and Wells are still getting paid.

Not to mention Kemp, Martin, Loney and Ethier will all want to get paid soon. And those four guys will be starts in this league for years.

• 3 months later...

Cubs trade Derosa and sign M Bradley. Derosa was clutch on more than one occasion.

Bradley had a good year with the Rangers but I think 10M a year is too much. I think the Cubs offseason has been awful. I can't believe the Cubs traded Derosa and didn't even get Peavy out of it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...