rivarlies

Freeman went on to become the first true freshman quarterback to start at Kansas State in 30 years and was 23 of 47 for 272 yards with a pair of interceptions in a 21-3 loss to Nebraska. As Freeman gets better, this rivalry should get fiercer.

hahah, are you kidding me?

Freeman is just another QB in the Husker eyes. All this hype over him starting at KSU and he played terrible against us...at HOME!

I don't see KSU ever being a rival. The CU game has become something I look forward to more...just because I wanna cream those hippies every chance we get!

Like it not, these are the cards you guys have been dealt in the north with K-State and Colorado. I guess those are your rivarlies now.

We have our hands full with the South.

Like I said before on other posts, "If we take care of business we should meet every December"

gOU Big Red

Like it not, these are the cards you guys have been dealt in the north with K-State and Colorado. I guess those are your rivarlies now.

We have our hands full with the South.

Like I said before on other posts, "If we take care of business we should meet every December"

gOU Big Red

:yeah

gOU Big Red

When you first said this I agreed. But upon reflection, I disagree. Rivalry means playing the other guy for who he is and not what for he has done. UCLA's upset of us this year would never have happened if it was based on "taking care of business". Our upsets of them in the past would not have happened if it was based on "taking care of business" Here locally in b-ball the Duke-Carolina rivalry wouldn't be what it is if it was based on "taking care of business". No. Rivalry means pinning your ears back and going after that other guy at all costs. Anything less is some level of championship game, not rivalry. I liked the rivalries of the old Big-8, the old Pac-8, the old SWC, and the old ACC (R.I.P)

gOU Big Red

When you first said this I agreed. But upon reflection, I disagree. Rivalry means playing the other guy for who he is and not what for he has done. UCLA's upset of us this year would never have happened if it was based on "taking care of business". Our upsets of them in the past would not have happened if it was based on "taking care of business" Here locally in b-ball the Duke-Carolina rivalry wouldn't be what it is if it was based on "taking care of business". No. Rivalry means pinning your ears back and going after that other guy at all costs. Anything less is some level of championship game, not rivalry. I liked the rivalries of the old Big-8, the old Pac-8, the old SWC, and the old ACC (R.I.P)

Well said! We should be meeting OU every year, through our respective ups and downs...because that's what a rivalry is about.

Someone on this board proposed that maybe our Big 12 schedules should include one opposite division school which we play every year. I think this is a great idea.

gOU Big Red

And I disagree with your assesment, cause 'if" our teams don't "take care of business" we won't meet every year.

Like your Pac-10,. you guys had to add a game so you would play everyone in your conference. We don't have that option. We are two on and two off with Nebraska. ...But...If we take care of business we can meet every year!

The formation of the Big-12 did in our Thanksgiving day classic, with the passing of old fans that don't communicate it to the newer fans it will continue to fade. Our rivialry it texASS, the OU-NU game was a fall "classic".

I would like to see the Pac-10 add two more teams, maybe a Fresno State, BYU or a San Deigo State and have a Championship game like the ACC, SEC and the Big 12. I wonder what people would say if UCLA and sc only played two on and two off? I know that they would be playing every year because of the geographical location, but in my observation the OU-NU game was and is bigger on a national scale than the battle for "LA".

If OU and NU played every year it would be good for football on a national level.

My observations

gOU Big Red

1620 devoted part of their show the other day to this and basically tried to convince people that K-State is our biggest rival right now because that is who the fans want to beat the most and hate the most. They said when there is animosity between the fans there is a rivalry and this has developed within the last two years.

Personally I don't think a rivalry has developed yet with any of the North teams but I'd say Missouri is getting there.

1620 devoted part of their show the other day to this and basically tried to convince people that K-State is our biggest rival right now because that is who the fans want to beat the most and hate the most. They said when there is animosity between the fans there is a rivalry and this has developed within the last two years.

Personally I don't think a rivalry has developed yet with any of the North teams but I'd say Missouri is getting there.

I respect your opinion, but I would disagree with it. Mizzou is competitive and represents as being a rival to us in winning the B12 north, but I don't feel as intense to have us beat them as I do when we play Colorado or KSU. With that criteria (the team that the fans want to beat the most and hate the most), I would say that KSU and Colorado would be our fiercest rivals (though we ardently try to deny it because they are not up to our standards as a football program). I mean....what two teams do you dislike the most in the B12 North? As much as we would like to minimize the rivalry between Colorado and KSU (mostly, I think to piss them off), I think that the Husker fans dislike those two teams the most. Personally, I dislike Princess and Freeman and have utter contempt for Colorado and their fans. So, in my book, Colorado and KSU are the biggest rivals we face. I don't feel the same way towards OU or Texas (even Mizzou), I respect those teams and their programs. When we meet, my attitude is "let's have a good competitive game...may the best team win". My attitude when we play Colorado or KSU is "let's destroy them!".