Bowman = W's

Grixby has his size limitations, but I *believe* he is solid on technique and experience. I'm not as low on him as many of you are. IF Murillo can develop the defensive awareness that will propel him above Grixby on the depth chart, then good for him and the secondary.

I'd like it better if Bowman were healthy, but that's a tough injury he's got and I would not count on him coming back, or coming back 100%. Even if he does, it's been a long time since he's been out on the field running with the receivers.

Besides, I'd like to believe this Husker team is too tough to let a few individual losses affect their season. A lot of it is just about guys stepping up, keeping the team together, staying focused. We - and other teams - have suffered bigger losses and just pulled through the end, whether it meant QB-turned-Flankers returning to the QB position, or 3rd string QBs stepping into the lineup and winning games.

grixby has no technique, sorry anyone can torch him.

The idea that a season hangs in the balance because of one guy is ludicrous.

Sure, he's a great player but damn, it's not like he's superman. He started to play well at the end of 05 and hasn't played a damn down since. Who knows if he'll play well when he comes back from his injury?

Courtney isn't THAT bad. He was over matched over almost every down because he's, well, all NU had.

I wouldn't take the spring game as evidence as how improved Jones is or isn't.

First of all I didnt say the season, I said the SC & UT games could be decided by his presence and I still believe that. I understand that he hasnt played a down since, but he would be hard pressed to do worse than Grixby......he's "THAT bad" ie. the Big 12 Championship!!!

Grixby has his size limitations, but I *believe* he is solid on technique and experience. I'm not as low on him as many of you are. IF Murillo can develop the defensive awareness that will propel him above Grixby on the depth chart, then good for him and the secondary.

I'd like it better if Bowman were healthy, but that's a tough injury he's got and I would not count on him coming back, or coming back 100%. Even if he does, it's been a long time since he's been out on the field running with the receivers.

Besides, I'd like to believe this Husker team is too tough to let a few individual losses affect their season. A lot of it is just about guys stepping up, keeping the team together, staying focused. We - and other teams - have suffered bigger losses and just pulled through the end, whether it meant QB-turned-Flankers returning to the QB position, or 3rd string QBs stepping into the lineup and winning games.

grixby has no technique, sorry anyone can torch him.

Thank You.

I dont think Grixbys problem is really his height, he just needs to posistion himself better to get a hand on the ball. He sucks if he doesnt change how he guards a WR, but Murillo looks great and got here for Spring Ball, and I think Jones had a similar season to Bowmans first year here (both Jr. seasons).

I guess I just cant see Bowman, even really before his last injury coming back and just picking up right from his last, and best game. (Alamo Bowl)

Are we a better team with Bowman? No doubt... but we still have players capable to doing enough to win the big games.

I dont think Grixbys problem is really his height, he just needs to posistion himself better to get a hand on the ball. He sucks if he doesnt change how he guards a WR, but Murillo looks great and got here for Spring Ball, and I think Jones had a similar season to Bowmans first year here (both Jr. seasons).

I guess I just cant see Bowman, even really before his last injury coming back and just picking up right from his last, and best game. (Alamo Bowl)

Are we a better team with Bowman? No doubt... but we still have players capable to doing enough to win the big games.

Grixby is the number one problem. If Murillo can become aclimated to the defensive scheme and to playing at the D1 level while out performing Bowman then great. I am just sick of watching Grixby get taken behind the wood shed!

I don't understand...

Since when did Zachary Bowman become Nebraska's personification of the Messiah? The guy just is not as good as so many of you make him out to be. I'm sure the team would be improved with him, and that he would probably perform better than Grixby (assuming he can even get back into the feel of things, we have no idea how easy the process will be for him to start feeling comfortable again, just look at Herian.), but I think that the improvement will be only a little above minimal.

How many good games did Zac have in 2005? Two? What kind of player that has two good, solid games in his entire career gets praised as the difference between wins and losses? It's ludicrous.

He showed flashes of greatness, and he showed promise. Then he got hurt, twice. Those injuries could easily ruin what COULD HAVE been a great corner.

I don't understand...

Since when did Zachary Bowman become Nebraska's personification of the Messiah? The guy just is not as good as so many of you make him out to be. I'm sure the team would be improved with him, and that he would probably perform better than Grixby (assuming he can even get back into the feel of things, we have no idea how easy the process will be for him to start feeling comfortable again, just look at Herian.), but I think that the improvement will be only a little above minimal.

How many good games did Zac have in 2005? Two? What kind of player that has two good, solid games in his entire career gets praised as the difference between wins and losses? It's ludicrous.

He showed flashes of greatness, and he showed promise. Then he got hurt, twice. Those injuries could easily ruin what COULD HAVE been a great corner.

Listen, the bottom line is that I really don't want to see Grixby getting beat anymore, period. Trust me I understand what an injury can do to your career at corner. (Willie Amos) If its Murillo, West or the water boy someone other than Grixby needs to take over and make an impact.

bowman started 6 Games!!!! 6 he's an internet creation I'll take a guy who has been starting since he was a sophmore than a Juco guy who has blown out his knee and been injured again in the next 8-9 months and started six months.

I noticed how none of you have placed any blame on some certain safeties who were torched far more than our corners or the fact that Jones used the same tecnique...no it's all grixby's fault he's short he isn't any good. did any of you think maybe the coachs were teaching him this is over his 3 years here because all of our cb's have been doing the same thing.

this is just my oppinion don't rag on players with out the facts

the fact that grixby continues to start and gets torched is testimony to our lack of quality DB players and a good DB coach, period.

hard to get good DB players when the coaching at that position is less than adequate, just my opinion, but unless we see measured improvement this year and next, at least in technique play, i stand by that assessment.

bowman started 6 Games!!!! 6 he's an internet creation I'll take a guy who has been starting since he was a sophmore than a Juco guy who has blown out his knee and been injured again in the next 8-9 months and started six months.

I noticed how none of you have placed any blame on some certain safeties who were torched far more than our corners or the fact that Jones used the same tecnique...no it's all grixby's fault he's short he isn't any good. did any of you think maybe the coachs were teaching him this is over his 3 years here because all of our cb's have been doing the same thing.

Mabey its a difference in perception, I don't know, but its just not true that all of our CB have been doing the same thing! Even within a system each corner has his own style of play within the guidelines of what they have been taught, Grixby simply does'nt play the ball, he plays the man. Thats just playing not to get beat, not playing to win. One FACT you can't argue with is that most offensive coordinators target him.....mabey theres a reason. GBR

Mabey its a difference in perception, I don't know, but its just not true that all of our CB have been doing the same thing! Even within a system each corner has his own style of play within the guidelines of what they have been taught, Grixby simply does'nt play the ball, he plays the man. Thats just playing not to get beat, not playing to win. One FACT you can't argue with is that most offensive coordinators target him.....mabey theres a reason. GBR

your right about that I posted with out thinking about enough but I have seen jones do the same thing

do you know what the awesome thing is..... were arguing about how are cornerbacks play their reciever...........IN JUNE :bonez:clap:worship

by the way good post and welcome to the board im a newbie myself :thumbs