Bowman = W's

There is so much riding on Zac Bowmans knee its not even funny. Not to be dramatic, but my state, my team, possibly my coach (BC) and my personal mental health is at stake. To have him back will mean the difference between beating SC and UT, or just coming close again. I really cannot stand to watch Courtney Grixby play corner, its embarassing. Being short doesnt mean you cant cover big guys, it means you have to be relentless and have flawless technique. He has neither. He never looks for the ball, he merely runs close to the reciever in hopes that the QB wont attempt the throw, and when they do (over and over) he just throws his hands up, hopes for the best and then makes the tackle after they catch it for a huge gain. We need Zac to eliminate Patrick Turner and Limus Sweed in normal coverage, but we especially need him in the red zone to take away the jump ball and make them do something where we can utilize our defensive strengths LB's & S. We have four very talented safeties on this team and to free them up from helping with big recievers for run support, blitzes, slot coverage ect. would go miles toward defensive efficiency. I went to the spring game and saw a whole new Andre Jones, he had great feet, speed, and a much improved read on things. I think he will be much improved this year and will have no problem locking down the other side. (I just hope Bill doesnt replace HIM with Zac!)

i totally agree with you. i would love to see bowman on one side and jones on the other. i think jones will live up to his hype this year.

if we can get both of them together along with the play of asante we could have a great defensive backfield.

Not to mention Tierre Green who will be playing the same position two years in a row for the first time in his career! Our back seven can rival anyone in the country!

Im really not counting on him much. I REALLY hope I a wrong. I am more counting on Asante to play a smart tough safety, Watch Jones -I think he will be much bettter. Thenarse is one of my favorite players simply because he will knock the crap out of people. He sees to have some major talent.

Murrillo even with a cast showed that he can cover rather well .

I think we will be fine either way. Notice that I didnt mention Grixby??

Unfortunately Thenarse is playing S, he's also one of my favorite players so it will be intresting to see how they get him on the field! I think Murillo has talent, but corner is a tough position to play with out experience.......bad stuff happens.

Bowman will help, but I dont think he is going to make or break our season.

Are you kidding? Grixby could fit in Bowmans pocket! Not to mention most of the X recievers in the Big 12! There are some mismatches that can swing a game, this is one of them.

Bowman will help, but I dont think he is going to make or break our season.

Are you kidding? Grixby could fit in Bowmans pocket! Not to mention most of the X recievers in the Big 12! There are some mismatches that can swing a game, this is one of them.

I agree with huskerguy, Bowman may help but he's not the savior of the D. I think this is another case of the guy on the bench is better. Octo had 1 good quarter in 2005 and everyone (including me) thought he'd come out and light the world on fire in 2006, but he barely played. I think the Bowman situation is similar since he only had one really good game (Michigan) and he's coming back from a season-ending injury. Plus he had what amounts to another season ending injury in spring ball.

If you're really just saying that Grixby sucks, then Murillo, Jones, West, Thenarse, etc. should take over for him. Right?

Grixby has his size limitations, but I *believe* he is solid on technique and experience. I'm not as low on him as many of you are. IF Murillo can develop the defensive awareness that will propel him above Grixby on the depth chart, then good for him and the secondary.

I'd like it better if Bowman were healthy, but that's a tough injury he's got and I would not count on him coming back, or coming back 100%. Even if he does, it's been a long time since he's been out on the field running with the receivers.

Besides, I'd like to believe this Husker team is too tough to let a few individual losses affect their season. A lot of it is just about guys stepping up, keeping the team together, staying focused. We - and other teams - have suffered bigger losses and just pulled through the end, whether it meant QB-turned-Flankers returning to the QB position, or 3rd string QBs stepping into the lineup and winning games.

The idea that a season hangs in the balance because of one guy is ludicrous.

Sure, he's a great player but damn, it's not like he's superman. He started to play well at the end of 05 and hasn't played a damn down since. Who knows if he'll play well when he comes back from his injury?

Courtney isn't THAT bad. He was over matched over almost every down because he's, well, all NU had.

I wouldn't take the spring game as evidence as how improved Jones is or isn't.

i totally agree with you. i would love to see bowman on one side and jones on the other. i think jones will live up to his hype this year.

if we can get both of them together along with the play of asante we could have a great defensive backfield.

Not to mention Tierre Green who will be playing the same position two years in a row for the first time in his career! Our back seven can rival anyone in the country!

please, send me some of what you are smoking!