Bowman = W's

As for Bowman––I'd feel safer with him. But I actually read somewhere that the same guy coached Murillo and Bowman, and that coach said Murillo is better. Don't quote me on that, but I'm pretty dang sure that's what I read.

I might have read something different than you but I read that the guy who coached both andre jones and bowman said that Jones was farther along coming out of Juco but Bowman had better potential him running a 4.3 and being 6' 2" and all like I said maybe we read something different and I could be wrong too

I believe that was the guy who coached Bowman and Murillo...I don't know though.

ya you might be right.....one of those Jucos :)

He is right. The guy that coached Bowman also coached Murillo.

Not to mention Tierre Green who will be playing the same position two years in a row for the first time in his career! Our back seven can rival anyone in the country!

the best player in our defensive backfield has 2 bad knees and 1 career int.

not really awe-inspiring.

Who said Bowman was the best player in our backfield.....he just plays the same position as the worst player in our backfield!(Grixby) You dont give nearly enough credit to what Green and Asante can do.

If you think that Bowman=W's, I'm sorry to tell you that you are wrong. A lot of the blame rests on the entire D, not just Grixby. It all starts with the front four, IMHO they were very overrated last year. If we could get any pressure with just the down lineman, we would have a lot more success on defense. Since we couldn't get any pressure, we were forced into a situation where we were blitzing when Coz obviously wasn't comfortable doing so. And I'm not a football expert or anything, but I think a lot of the blame needs to be placed on the safeties from last season. I don't know if it was the schemes, but they didn't seem to be engaged until after the catch on passing plays. Just my 2 cents.

Also do you think Grixby would have been replaced as a starter by the USC game last year if Bowman was not injured? I don't.

Resoundingly YES! Again, its not that Bowman is the best we've got (injury prone), its that Grixby is the worst we have got. (As far as potential starters anyway)

USC was our 2nd or 3rd game. I think it would have been Bowman and Grixby instead of Grixby and Jones.

Ultimately, a good secondary will get us far this year. Whic guys become the pieces in that defensive machine is less important. If our guys can step up, we'll do well - if they can't, we'll suffer. Our secondary has been torched over and over for years, even with NFL players like Fabian Washington and the Bullocks brothers manning the defensive backfield. Good teams work with what they have and get W's out of that.

Also do you think Grixby would have been replaced as a starter by the USC game last year if Bowman was not injured? I don't.

Resoundingly YES! Again, its not that Bowman is the best we've got (injury prone), its that Grixby is the worst we have got. (As far as potential starters anyway)

I still contend Jones was a worse cover corner than Grixby. Especially when you consider that Grixby (not Jones) was matched against the other team's best WR. Let's face it, the entire D sucked against the pass last year.

As to whether Grixby would have been starting by the USC game, remember that Jones replaced Bowman and that Grix was always the starter.

I ve kept quiet on this but I want to express my opinion.

Grixby , last season was HORRIBLE. Every team keyed on him because they knew our safety wasnt the best and they could more than likely get one on one with a 5-9 Grixby who usually get roasted every time he was challenged.

I still contend Jones was a worse cover corner than Grixby. Especially when you consider that Grixby (not Jones) was matched against the other team's best WR. Let's face it, the entire D sucked against the pass last year.

As to whether Grixby would have been starting by the USC game, remember that Jones replaced Bowman and that Grix was always the starter.

Yeah if you would have read my initial post, the question was would Grixby have been replaced by the USC game by Jones if Bowman wasn't injured...

OK, well then why wasn't the name of this thread "Grixby is the worst we have got," instead of "Bowman=W's?"